So much for the tax free promo we’ve been waiting for!

BullyLvr

i booked 2 cruises in April last year and got the tax and fees free promo —-  plus pick some free item perks as well.  Based on comments, and history, was expecting to see it again and had planned to book another for next year.  Rats.

I got free service charges and gratuities with perks. Got my 7 day Haven Spa Suite on Breakaway with this. Everything I did was perfectly legitimate, but is against the rules to share on these forums. Good luck. 

Edited by slugg

28 minutes ago, BullyLvr said:

Well slugg, you’ve got me so curious. Hmmmm.  But I wouldn’t be booking Haven so perhaps they’re not generous with us Gen Pop folks!

Actually, my original booking was Gen Pop, maximum security (interior stateroom). I paid the difference to upgrade to minimum security (balcony) and kept all my promos. I then paid the difference to get out of prison (Haven) three weeks from embarkation at the all time low price for my particular cruise, also rolling over the same promos.

Other than being broke (because while it’s still relatively a deal, it’s a lot of money for me), everything seems fine. My court date is the 21st, also known as Embarkation Day.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

??? Is this a joke or for real?

Both? They’re passing the savings of rescuing their ships in the past using the US Coast Guard, paid for by your taxes, on to you! 

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

??? Is this a joke or for real?

For Real. Why would it be a joke?

If I could copy the info I would. It says ends tomorrow.

2 for 1 deposit. +1 free room upgrade and up to $50 obc.

Subject line:

Extra tax bonus: $50 onboard credit & 2-for-1 deposits

7 minutes ago, arpie05 said:

For Real. Why would it be a joke?

If I could copy the info I would. It says ends tomorrow.

2 for 1 deposit. +1 free room upgrade and up to $50 obc.

Subject line:

Extra tax bonus: $50 onboard credit & 2-for-1 deposits

I think what sfaaa is referring to is that it is not the same "tax free" deal that NCL offered last year.  That offer was for select sailings and if you booked during the promo window your port fees and taxes were "free".  We were able to take advantage of that promo and distinctive voyages at the same time.  Haven't seen the distinctive voyages promo in a while either.

I'll still be watching .....maybe in vain....for the 'new' promo when current expires tomorrow night. 

I just can't believe how long they running with this 'free airfare'.   It must be bringing them bookings but you have to think it's costing them $$ too!

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'll still be watching .....maybe in vain....for the 'new' promo when current expires tomorrow night. 

I just can't believe how long they running with this 'free airfare'.   It must be bringing them bookings but you have to think it's costing them $$ too!

Costing them $$ and headaches as flight delays/changes cause NCL grief. 

But Frank Del Rio said that people who take advantage of the airfare promo tend to have more on-board spent by a significant margin.  We'll see if this perk's cost/benefit is sustainable. 

11 hours ago, mianmike said:

Costing them $$ and headaches as flight delays/changes cause NCL grief. 

But Frank Del Rio said that people who take advantage of the airfare promo tend to have more on-board spent by a significant margin.  We'll see if this perk's cost/benefit is sustainable. 

Oh....I hadn't heard that explanation before.   The number crunchers are seeing the benefit I guess.

Still, I have to hope they change up these promos eventually!

I hate the free airfare promo (just call me Scrooge) because my hubby is a terrible traveler and I have to be picky about which flights, schedules, seats, fare class, etc so safer all around to buy our own and be in control - but seems like with the free airfare I'm paying for it anyway in my fare.  No, I don't want a sailaway, Mr. Particular will ONLY sail Haven, so we don't sail as often as a lot of the folks here...

just wish we could decline free airfare and get OBC in its place.  They had that last year when Joy had that promo, but it was short-lived and long gone now.