Cinco De Mayo

cantw82cruise

I'm not aware of any.  Maybe they serve tacos.  If you're in Mexico, you won't find much either, outside of bars catering to American tourists.  It's more a Gringo holiday ginned up by Constellation Brands to promote their version of yellow water.  Real event though occurred that day but not Mexican Independence. Mexican Independence Day is in September.

From the Carnival website

Cinco de Mayo
When:  May 5
Spanish for 'fifth of May' - This date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's victory over French forces. Yes, it’s a fun and festive celebration!

• Mariachi Duck Hunt and Cinco de Mayo Trivia
  • Cinco de Mayo Deck Fiesta
  • Mexican-themed movies will be shown on ships that feature the Carnival Seaside Theater
  • Youth Programs will feature crafting face painting and Mexican themed games
  • Dress in your most colorful, festive Mexican attire!
Edited by Joebucks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

From the Carnival website

Cinco de Mayo
When:  May 5
Spanish for 'fifth of May' - This date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's victory over French forces. Yes, it’s a fun and festive celebration!

• Mariachi Duck Hunt and Cinco de Mayo Trivia
  • Cinco de Mayo Deck Fiesta
  • Mexican-themed movies will be shown on ships that feature the Carnival Seaside Theater
  • Youth Programs will feature crafting face painting and Mexican themed games
  • Dress in your most colorful, festive Mexican attire!

Joe thanks for the heads up. Can you tell me where you find that on the Carnival site? I looked there first before posting over here.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, cantw82cruise said:

Joe thanks for the heads up. Can you tell me where you find that on the Carnival site? I looked there first before posting over here.

Thanks,

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1394/~/celebrating-holidays

This was my second "holiday" on Carnival. The other being Super Bowl. I was on the Fascination for this, which had a heavier latin theme already since it sails out of PR. Maybe I was being a stick in the mud, but I didn't notice too much going on for Cinco de Mayo. The Fascination also doesn't have the big screen for movies so there's that.

Blue Iguana made my day, as always though. Tacos and margaritas on the Carribean seas did the trick!

27 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1394/~/celebrating-holidays

This was my second "holiday" on Carnival. The other being Super Bowl. I was on the Fascination for this, which had a heavier latin theme already since it sails out of PR. Maybe I was being a stick in the mud, but I didn't notice too much going on for Cinco de Mayo. The Fascination also doesn't have the big screen for movies so there's that.

Blue Iguana made my day, as always though. Tacos and margaritas on the Carribean seas did the trick!

Thanks...

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

This was my second "holiday" on Carnival. The other being Super Bowl.

I've done 4th of July on Glory - not too much.  But the SuperBowl is funny - it may have been the Fascination we were on as well, but it was a much bigger holiday - FIFA World Cup!   Crew paid attention that week!

On April 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM, cantw82cruise said:

We will be on the Horizon sailing 5/4, this will be our first time cruising over Cinco De Mayo does any one know if Carnival has any type of celebration? 

Thanks,

Fake holiday for Americans who wanna get drunk

• Haha 1