Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

9 minutes ago, realtrip said:

Hi

What happens if my phone stays at home? I don't have a US phone and don't want to pay to have access to my phone in the US. We will be in FLL for three days prior to our cruise. We have never traveled with our cell phones. We will be on CB in June.

You do not need a phone to use the medallion. Without a phone it will function just as a card does. You can use your phone to access the features aboard, without incurring charges by placing your phone on Airplane Mode while onboard.

We don't have a fancy phone to input information for Ocean Medallion.  Our cruise on the Royal is an Ocean Medallion cruise.  I have loaded all of our info into the Cruise Personalizer and have printed out our boarding passes/luggage tags.  I am assuming that we will just pick up our Ocean Medallions when we do the usual check in at the cruise terminal, correct?????

I have an I-Pad. I have not been able to find the Ocean Ready app in the App Store.  In fact, I can't even find any Princess apps in the App Store.  Do I have to use my I-Phone instead of my I-Pad?  Our cruise is on the Sky Princess, sailing Nov. 17, 2019.

Is there another place in the App Store that I should be looking?

I don't want to use my I-Phone if I don't have to since the I-Pad is easier for me to see.

Thanks for your help.

50 minutes ago, relaxatsea said:

I have an I-Pad. I have not been able to find the Ocean Ready app in the App Store.  In fact, I can't even find any Princess apps in the App Store.  Do I have to use my I-Phone instead of my I-Pad?  Our cruise is on the Sky Princess, sailing Nov. 17, 2019.

I don't want to use my I-Phone if I don't have to since the I-Pad is easier for me to see.

Thanks for your help.

1-844-525-0942 ... Ocean Medallion "hotline" ... and my wife did it all on her mini-ipad

Had similar issues as Shutterbug and RMM.  Ocean Ready app also did not recognize my booking number, referred to as "journey identification number' on the app for some unfathomable reason. Uniform terminology, please. Called Princess and the rep I talked to had to submit a "trouble" ticket, which she said would likely take 2-3 business days to resolve.  Not sailing until June, so still adequate time, but she did say that she'd had several calls from passengers experiencing a similar error this morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

I have an I-Pad. I have not been able to find the Ocean Ready app in the App Store.  In fact, I can't even find any Princess apps in the App Store. 

When you search in the App Store, search for the i-Phone version of the app. i-Phone apps will work on the i-Pad.

I am reading the posts about Ocean One not being able to find your cruise. Cruises will be available to be added to Ocean Now until approximately 45 days prior to departure, so if you are unable to add it to your profile on the app prior to that, you may just want to wait until you are within that time frame. Hopefully this will help with the frustration, at least a little.

2 hours ago, richmke said:

When you search in the App Store, search for the i-Phone version of the app. i-Phone apps will work on the i-Pad.

Thanks, I did manage to get the OceanReady app on my I-Phone, so now I will take your advice for my I-Pad.

This all seems much more complicated than necessary, in my opinion.  Oh well, onward and upward!

Does anyone know if I preorder the soda and more package will that information be preloaded on the medallion when I board the ship? The last time I preordered I was given the runaround for over 2 hours saying I had to go to bar and they have list, bar says go to front desk, front desk says to call room service on and on. I would just like to get a cold beverage and not have to pay for it since I prepurchased it.

10 minutes ago, shanecindy21403 said:

Does anyone know if I preorder the soda and more package will that information be preloaded on the medallion when I board the ship? The last time I preordered I was given the runaround for over 2 hours saying I had to go to bar and they have list, bar says go to front desk, front desk says to call room service on and on. I would just like to get a cold beverage and not have to pay for it since I prepurchased it.

Just as it was with the card the last few years, it should be pre-loaded on the medallions it's on your account.  I had no issues with it being there for my last cruise with the medallion. 

In response to pacemakers and ICD questions, I think the more reasonable thing to do would be to gather the info from princess about the chip type and magnet type used in the medallion. Then, call your medical device company (number should be on the card provided upon implantation) and ask them.  The device company will be able to tell you how their equipment works better than princess.  

• Like 3

I by no means claim to be the answer to a number of these questions, but I have read A LOT on the Ocean Medallion and have done some chatting back and forth with Princess.  First of all, those who have ordered their Medallion......I was told we would receive them about 2 weeks before we sail.  I ordered them on the day it rolled (for our particular cruise) out for our cruise on The Royal Princess later this month.  YEP, there were a number of bugs, but I knew I had time to get them ironed out before we left.  AT the time I ordered the Medallions, there were no options for accessories, you will get the lanyard....PERIOD.  There have been a number of updates on the Ocean Ready and some of the other APPS.  NONE OF THE COOL STUFF tied to the Medallion Class has to have a"connected phone", as a matter of fact, they suggest switching to Airplane Mode as soon as you get on the ship.  There are a number of cool things, if you are traveling with a group or family, you can use an app like walkie talkies....on your phone.  I have read over it and guarantee there will be staff to help kick this off.  They have spent a lot of money on it and of course , they would love every feature to be utilized. Yesterday when I chatted with Princess, they told me there were updates done and be sure I had the current "Ocean Ready".....so now it gave me the ability to order accessories for my Medallion, but when reading just before purchasing, NO EXCHANGES and yes, a $6 shipping charge.......so I will wait until I get on the ship.  I have built my Avatar (for follow me), I try to get on the APPS at least once a week until we leave to make sure I have the latest and greatest.  Have fun folks, that is what life is all about!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I have it loaded on both my Ipad and my Iphone.  You sure can load on your Ipad.  Do a search in your App Store..  It is actually in there as "OceanReady".  You are right the Ipad is a lot easier to work with! 

oceanready.PNG

11 minutes ago, Crzn-Life said:

Ours arrived on Monday and the color reflects our loyalty status, i.e. black.

just got ours - Platinum - but with a generic blue insert in the holder for use with a lanyard ... I've read that for a price - maybe $ 3 or so, you can buy a different insert

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

just got ours - Platinum - but with a generic blue insert in the holder for use with a lanyard ... I've read that for a price - maybe $ 3 or so, you can buy a different insert

They have all different inserts you can purchase on the ship for $3.  From the captains loyalty color to flags to other things.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stryker50 said:

Does anyone know if medallions come in your status color. Ours came blue not black for elite. Do they change it at check in.

If the actual medallion itself is blue call Princess and inquire as to the reason.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If the actual medallion itself is blue call Princess and inquire as to the reason.

Pretty sure they all come in blue and you have to purchase inserts and other wearable products to display different loyalty colors, but perhaps I misread.

19 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Pretty sure they all come in blue and you have to purchase inserts and other wearable products to display different loyalty colors, but perhaps I misread.

Our medallions on our cruise in January on the Regal were the proper grey color for our status, however the inserts were blue.