New P&O Website.

Eglesbrech

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree with you dai.

I get all the details myself regarding cabin number,price and sail date then I could easily book it myself online but I  go in and get my TA to get me a better deal.

They get their commission and a sale and I get extra discount.

That TA I mentioned before hasn't given us any discount so far. They charge the same price as P&O. It might be because we haven't been using them for very long. The cruise we are waiting for, they asked which cabin we normally use (inside) and just looked for a holiday for that (I had already checked the info before hand). I was thinking that she didn't check to see if any of the offers would make an upgrade any better value. She did say that as I'm not a good traveller that the inside would probably be better for me.

My sister used a big company in Blyth and they seemed to be more helpful. 

1 minute ago, emam said:

That TA I mentioned before hasn't given us any discount so far. They charge the same price as P&O. It might be because we haven't been using them for very long. The cruise we are waiting for, they asked which cabin we normally use (inside) and just looked for a holiday for that (I had already checked the info before hand). I was thinking that she didn't check to see if any of the offers would make an upgrade any better value. She did say that as I'm not a good traveller that the inside would probably be better for me.

My sister used a big company in Blyth and they seemed to be more helpful. 

I prefer to go into our TA as they know I have the knowledge to book everything myself online but I give them an opportunity to get me a better deal so they get commission and a sale for very little work.

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I prefer to go into our TA as they know I have the knowledge to book everything myself online but I give them an opportunity to get me a better deal so they get commission and a sale for very little work.

Found it, a short travel for me (as they all are), but know where to go now if I need somewhere.

I might go there and enquire about that brochure on the table. The other place wasn't helpful at all even though they professed to be.

1 minute ago, emam said:

Found it, a short travel for me (as they all are), but know where to go now if I need somewhere.

I might go there and enquire about that brochure on the table. The other place wasn't helpful at all even though they professed to be.

This is next to Morrisons Doxford Park Sunderland.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

This is next to Morrisons Doxford Park Sunderland.

Yes. I looked up TA in the area and it showed photos of the shops. Though It's good to confirm I have the right one. I have family living not far from there.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, emam said:

Yes. I looked up TA in the area and it showed photos of the shops. Though It's good to confirm I have the right one. I have family living not far from there.

Thanks

Your welcome.

I find it's best to get a price elsewhere first as they price match and ask for an extra 5% off from the manager.

The girls are friendly and will do their best.

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes my TA gave us a discount straight away and still do.  Why would you book online or direct when you can get an extra 5% off?

With P&O the first 5% is from P&O for loyalty then another 5% from the TA for us.

When booking RCCL our high loyalty gets us a massive balcony discount from Royal Caribbean but no obc is combined with this balcony loyalty discount where people who are in inside cabins do get a little obc so my TA pays our gratuities of $30 per day $210 for a weeks cruise for us.

Graham & Pauline

Edited by grapau27

Think the point was missed in my earlier post, everyone has high expectations of their forthcoming holidays regardless of which way they travel. 

But when you have nothing to compare it to it can be difficult . I've sailed with  several other companies other than P&O and have had far better experiences. However that would not stop me from booking another P&O cruise but now I know what to expect, I am far more selective.when I part with my hard earned cash .

I wish you a happy and enjoyable cruise, be warned it can be addictive !!! 😎

3 hours ago, Cristaltips said:

Has anyone managed to gain access to see their Peninsular Club points on the new website? I’m damned if I can get to it! 

It was working on Friday but I just tried and can't get to it now.  I can sign into my account but can't actually find anything.  They seem to be reducing what we can do rather than trying to give us the access that we previously had.

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It was working on Friday but I just tried and can't get to it now.  I can sign into my account but can't actually find anything.  They seem to be reducing what we can do rather than trying to give us the access that we previously had.

Sorry you have confused me in a earlier post you said you have given up on p&o and your new favourite was princess,have you now changed your mind.

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh good. Glad it’s just not me. I thought I was being stupid!!!! Thanks

Both Princess and Celebrity have provided with me with far better cruise experiences of late. Sadly P&O haven't so I'm making the point that  I have the choice .Circumstances change, but for now apart from a  pre booked cruise that I'd lose money on if I cancelled. I won't be booking with P&O for the foreseeable future .If in the fullness of time they improve their service and overall cruise experience I may be tempted back , but until then as I said Now I know what to expect it's my choice.

14 minutes ago, docco said:

Why should that remotely bother you? And why pick unnecessary arguments?

It doesn’t but I cannot fathom if you cancel cruises because you believe that the company is not for you why continue to post criticism,your not giving useful advice were others do plus also add criticism when they believe it’s due a far more balanced view.

I never mentioned cancelling a cruise to be fair I said I couldn't cancel as it meant I wwould lose money so not sure where that came from. ?

You will I hope have an wonderful cruise .But with the greatest respect when you have saved all year for a holiday and it falls short well I do feel I have every right to criticise , we are the customers after all .

8 hours ago, Bazrat said:

It doesn’t but I cannot fathom if you cancel cruises because you believe that the company is not for you why continue to post criticism,your not giving useful advice were others do plus also add criticism when they believe it’s due a far more balanced view.

Because it’s an open forum where people can post what they choose to post, whatever attempts might be made by others, doubtless including P&O employees, to denigrate or stop them.

8 hours ago, BarmyJackArmy said:

I never mentioned cancelling a cruise to be fair I said I couldn't cancel as it meant I wwould lose money so not sure where that came from. ?

You will I hope have an wonderful cruise .But with the greatest respect when you have saved all year for a holiday and it falls short well I do feel I have every right to criticise , we are the customers after all .

I apologise my response was not aimed at you,if the service falls short you have every right to criticise any company’s failure.

3 minutes ago, docco said:

Because it’s an open forum where people can post what they choose to post, whatever attempts might be made by others, doubtless including P&O employees, to denigrate or stop them.

We’re going in circles here docco yes you have the right to criticise but you also got to accept criticism of yourself in return.

just purely as a footnote We are also going on Marella explorer 2 later on in the year,some marella employees post on the threads so  people complain about them posting,but what I can see the majority wish them to continue to do so.

14 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Sorry you have confused me in a earlier post you said you have given up on p&o and your new favourite was princess,have you now changed your mind.

No we haven't changed our minds, we have actually cancelled with P&O for next year and rebooked with Princess for 1 cruise and Cunard for the other.  We have kept our booking for November this year for the Northern Lights.  I have recently tried to help friends to research and book their first cruise because they wanted to look at P&O but the new website is so not user friendly that they have now given up and we have booked with them to go on Princess. 

The current site does not let us to properly research what cabins are available and at what price, it simply allows us to book a balcony cabin without choosing the cabin number, I have tried a number of cruises in this year, 2020 and 2021 (Jan - April) on the off chance that it was because there were only guarantee cabins available on the cruise that our friends wanted to do.  I just cannot believe that the 20 cruises that I checked have only guarantee cabins especially as other posters are reporting similar problems.

I have tried to access my details on the new site and cannot see anything so unless I waste time and money to call P&O I cannot change my contact preferences so I guess I have to put up with having mailings that I no longer want. 

It would be interesting to know how the new site is impacting bookings because most seasoned cruisers will probably prefer to choose their cabin unless they are taking a saver price and cruisers who are new to P&O may simply go elsewhere if they are faced with a system that is so restrictive.

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The current site does not let us to properly research what cabins are available and at what price, it simply allows us to book a balcony cabin without choosing the cabin number, I have tried a number of cruises in this year, 2020 and 2021 (Jan - April) on the off chance that it was because there were only guarantee cabins available on the cruise that our friends wanted to do.  I just cannot believe that the 20 cruises that I checked have only guarantee cabins especially as other posters are reporting similar problems.

I have tried to access my details on the new site and cannot see anything so unless I waste time and money to call P&O I cannot change my contact preferences so I guess I have to put up with having mailings that I no longer want. 

It would be interesting to know how the new site is impacting bookings because most seasoned cruisers will probably prefer to choose their cabin unless they are taking a saver price and cruisers who are new to P&O may simply go elsewhere if they are faced with a system that is so restrictive.

How right you are - if you want to research what's available with P&O before booking it's now impossible!  That makes no sense at all, and they must be losing large numbers of bookings because of it.

If you talk to the customer service people over the phone they'll tell you that they're aware of the problems caused by the new website, and they have a team of people working on it.  P&O being P&O, I suspect that will take some time, but every day that goes by must be costing them dearly.