New P&O Website.

Eglesbrech

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I just saw on Facebook the old site was back! Wasn’t sure it was true as mine is still the new one.

The poster said to clear cookies but I just went in via google instead of my favourites - and it’s back! Hoorah!

That was on my phone - just tried the same method on my laptop and it's back to the old one there too 🙂

If I do a google search then it offers the old site.

If I use my favourites link then it still shows the new one.

It seems both iterations are still live and available.

The old site was not perfect but at least I could see the cabin grade choices which I can’t see on the new site.

Obviously P&O are ignoring all the complaints after making this statement on their Facebook page in the last 10 minutes-                   Although there is a handover process when introducing a new website, our new website is still online and is what we are planning to use moving forward.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Obviously P&O are ignoring all the complaints after making this statement on their Facebook page in the last 10 minutes-                   Although there is a handover process when introducing a new website, our new website is still online and is what we are planning to use moving forward.

Boo!! I was so happy to see the old one this morning, the difference on my phone was so clear. I did send feedback.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Went back in and now both google and the link have the old site. They are getting panned on Facebook for how bad the new one is and as usual they try to bury the bad comments by filling the feed with pictures etc (but it’s not working as so many grumpy customers who can’t find what they need on the new site).

Just now, BarmyJackArmy said:

Since when has P&O every listened to their customers !???  I contacted both their CEO and customer services and still awaiting a response apparently it's a 28 day response time . .......watch this space...

The 28 day response is an ABTA ruling for all holiday companies.

2 hours ago, BarmyJackArmy said:

Think I'm around 21 days in and counting ....of course they may have transposed the numbers and it could be 82 days...two days longer than  it took Phileas Fogg  to go around the world ...that sounds about right. 

I was under the impression that transposed meant to swap hence 12 days not 82

On 4/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, Eglesbrech said:

If I do a google search then it offers the old site.

If I use my favourites link then it still shows the new one.

It seems both iterations are still live and available.

The old site was not perfect but at least I could see the cabin grade choices which I can’t see on the new site.

I agree, not showing cabin grades and prices is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

I agree, not showing cabin grades and prices is ridiculous. 

I agree too.

I always book through a TA but like to get an idea of what cabins and prices are available direct first before negotiating with my TA.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, Eglesbrech said:

I wonder how much business they are losing with people getting so frustrated that they look elsewhere.

This is the problem.  They think it is marvellous, that is why they go ahead with these ridiculous decisions and go with confusing and ineffective websites.  One big wig designs it and the others employees all say "Good job Mr. Head".  They see the business it brings in but do not see  the business they lose.  You and hundreds of thousands see how awkward and difficult it is to access the information you require to book but Richard is oblivious.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

1 minute ago, john watson said:

This is the problem.  They think it is marvellous, that is why they go ahead with these ridiculous decisions and go with confusing and ineffective websites.  One big wig designs it and the others all say "Good job Mr. Head".  They see the business it brings in but do not see  the business they lose.  You and hundreds of thousands see how awkward and difficult it is to access the information you require to book but Richard is oblivious.

Regards John

RCCL changed their website last year for the worse and now P&O change theirs again to the detriment of their customers.

Why?

2 minutes ago, john watson said:

This is the problem.  They think it is marvellous, that is why they go ahead with these ridiculous decisions and go with confusing and ineffective websites.  One big wig designs it and the others all say "Good job Mr. Head".  They see the business it brings in but do not see  the business they lose.  You and hundreds of thousands see how awkward and difficult it is to access the information you require to book but Richard is oblivious.

Regards John

Actually your wrong the website is beta tested by a few customers to get feed back on any issues than it is rolled out to the general public, it’s like most things in life those used to the old ways resist change whereas the younger generation embrace it.

5 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Actually your wrong the website is beta tested by a few customers to get feed back on any issues than it is rolled out to the general public, it’s like most things in life those used to the old ways resist change whereas the younger generation embrace it.

I am very happy with change that leads to an easier and more convenient way of getting as rapidly to the information I need to book anything.  I should have though everybody would think similarly.  Obviously I  have no idea what a beta test is but they ought to do have people who are not customers in the trial if they want to ascertain how good it is.  Then see what they can find out from browsing their new site.

Regards John

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

What a gross generalisation and really ageist as well. I am not part of the younger generation but I have no problem embracing change - when it works properly. In fact I am generally an early adopter.

The issue is not the change it is the lack of proper functionality.

I agree it's not about age it's about how we find the information quickly and effectively and the new website does not meet that critetia . I'm all for change if it's a positive  experience, this clearly  isn't for many of  P &O customers in its current format . Hence as customers we would expect to have our voices heard and  perhaps address the concerns on some aspects of the new website.

28 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

That is a bit of a generalisation, my complaint is nothing to do with resisting change. This new website does not provide the same information as the old one - when I book a cruise I want to see all the cabin grades and prices which the new site no longer shows (unless I am being stupid and cannot see where). It in fact just wants to allocate you a cabin, although there is an option to choose your cabin but without knowing the price or grade. If I wanted an allocated cabin I would choose a Saver fare. Basically it is just dumbing down the process IMO, just click Balcony and take what you are given, not what I want at all.

Edited by bee-ess