Cost of an upsell

oskidunker

2 hours ago, railman said:

Got an upsell offer on the Crown from a Deluxe Balcony to a Club Class Mini on an 11 day cruise for $179 a person.  We took it in a heartbeat.,

For a club class that is a very good upsell price

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I am hoping to get a mini suite, although since I am in an outside now,they probably will not offer that. When I call maybe I’ll leave a message accepting the balcony but asking for the mini if I pay more. Not sure anyone has been successful doing that but it can’t hurt to try. Maybe offer double whatever the upgrade to a Balcony might be 

someone reported that they left their credit card on the voicemail telling them to go ahead and process the upgrade and they did that without a return call. 

I got an offer to go from a balcony to a full suite, so it’s possible to get a “double” upgrade offer. I Got my offer by email and when I called in, I only got voicemail, but the message stated that if I accepted the offer I could simply leave a message and request that they charge the credit card on file, so no need for them to call back. I did request a callback as I wanted to know what type of suite was being offered. They called back next day with some cabin numbers that were available and I opted for a penthouse suite.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:34 AM, long cruiser said:

What ever happened to an upgrade?

long cruiser

They seem to be few and far between. We once had a free upgrade from an Inside all the way forward on Lido deck to a Handicapped Accessible Balcony on Caribe deck. Amazing upgrade.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, oskidunker said:

I am hoping to get a mini suite, although since I am in an outside now,they probably will not offer that. When I call maybe I’ll leave a message accepting the balcony but asking for the mini if I pay more. Not sure anyone has been successful doing that but it can’t hurt to try. Maybe offer double whatever the upgrade to a Balcony might be 

someone reported that they left their credit card on the voicemail telling them to go ahead and process the upgrade and they did that without a return call. 

Any updates? Did you say you have a cruise coming up in July? 

On recent LA-Hawaii cruise, my brother I and our wives were "upgraded" from two balcony rooms to the Family Suite which has an "inside cabin" inside a balcony room with a double wide seating area and balcony.  It was a room upgrade for one couple and room (sort of) downgrade for the other... but we got all suite perks ... and 3k refundable OBC split between the two couples. Had a great cruise - our first on Princess - and were spoiled by  the suite treatment.  Miracles do happen.  Got a check for unused OBC after return home.

• Like 1

Princess doesn't call, they send an email to either the passenger if the cruise was reserved directly with Princess (Princess website or by phone) or the travel agent if the cruise was reserved through a third party agent (big box, little box, brick and mortar, on-line).

Edited by capriccio

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Princess doesn't call, they send an email to either the passenger if the cruise was reserved directly with Princess (Princess website or by phone) or the travel agent if the cruise was reserved through a third party agent (big box, little box, brick and mortar, on-line).

In my reservation I selected “no cabin upgrades” because I like the location of our cabin and didn’t want to be moved without my knowledge into a better category of the same type cabin. Does this mean I won’t get the upsell calls either? Thank you for the clarification! 

Edited by GlamO

33 minutes ago, GlamO said:

In my reservation I selected “no cabin upgrades” because I like the location of our cabin and didn’t want to be moved without my knowledge into a better category of the same type cabin. Does this mean I won’t get the upsell calls either? Thank you for the clarification! 

I've gotten upsell offers on cruises that I've marked as no upgrade.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, railman said:

Got an upsell offer on the Crown from a Deluxe Balcony to a Club Class Mini on an 11 day cruise for $179 a person.  We took it in a heartbeat.,

I would have taken that in a heartbeat too! Very nice.

49 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've gotten upsell offers on cruises that I've marked as no upgrade.

So have we.  I mark 'do not upgrade' in the hopes that Princess will not change cabins on us without asking first (and obviously an upsell requires communication with the passenger).

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, PandaBear62 said:

I was offered an upsell 9 days ago for my June 8 sailing on the Royal Princess.....The offer was “Choose one of our STANDARD balconies for $229 per person or a DELUXE Balconies (includes seating area) for $259 per person”. We decided not to take advantage of either offer.

That's similar to what I just had.  Mine was $249pp ($498) to move from an obst. OV to a balcony.  Uh...NO!  Ridiculous.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, gremlinbangles said:

At 71 days out, we recieved an offer from a forward mini suite to a premiere suite, cost was $699 PP, 7 day cruise.  We refused, hopefully we might get another shot at a better price.  

126 days out from my cruise so hopefully I get an upsell offer soon. 🤞

19 minutes ago, EmilyColwell said:

126 days out from my cruise so hopefully I get an upsell offer soon. 🤞

Most upsell offers go out after final payment date not this soon.  Also most are for 1 jump in class like mini suite to full suite, balcony to mini suite etc. Most of our longer cruises (14 -20 day) from mini to full suites have been offered right after final payment date when TA's and those with small deposits dump there reservations and usually were offered at $750 - $1,000 USD per person

• Like 1

Best deal ever...we had 6 balconies in December on the Crown and were offered free upgrades to 6 mini-suites.  I'm guessing Princess had too many folks reserving rooms for a balcony guaranteed and they didn't have enough of them left.  It would have to be a really good deal though to move from a balcony to a mini if I'm paying extra dollars! 

• Like 1