Seattle Pier 91 to Sea-Tac airport

DaveOKC

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Photo of Taxis at Pier 91 forty five minutes before the first passengers are expected off the ship.  The line fills the driveway pick-up lane, and then there is another filled lane of taxis waiting to enter the driveway.  You may also get an idea of the number of Prius taxis v larger car/mini van type of taxis.  Hope this helps.

IMG_20190614_062242.jpg

IMG_20190614_062249.jpg

Do you know if the price is $47 if you need a bigger car than the Prius?

7 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Do you know if the price is $47 if you need a bigger car than the Prius?

The sign says "All cabs $47" I would have to say that all cabs are $47. If you use the port valet program for your bags you should be able to get everyone into a van. I just got off the Ruby yesterday and was a absolute cluster at Pier 91, but I have to say it was organized. They are pretty good at getting people in and out of the pier area. We were supposed to get off the Ruby Princess at 8:15 but didn't get off until 9:20. I was in my car and on my way home by 9:55.

10 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

The sign says "All cabs $47" I would have to say that all cabs are $47. If you use the port valet program for your bags you should be able to get everyone into a van. I just got off the Ruby yesterday and was a absolute cluster at Pier 91, but I have to say it was organized. They are pretty good at getting people in and out of the pier area. We were supposed to get off the Ruby Princess at 8:15 but didn't get off until 9:20. I was in my car and on my way home by 9:55.

Thanks. We are planning to use Port Valet but there will still be 4 of us with a carry on and a personal item (purse, etc.) so we didn't think we could all fit in a Prius but maybe a larger cab.

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The price will still be $47 regardless of the size of the taxi.

I was charged $57.80 plus tip on the 24th; used a credit card, is $47 the CASH price? "Orange Cab"

image.png.f83649d911f5ec1f3ef72bd7c62b46d0.png

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

I was charged $57.80 plus tip on the 24th; used a credit card, is $47 the CASH price? "Orange Cab"

image.png.f83649d911f5ec1f3ef72bd7c62b46d0.png

Did you find this flat rate sign that someone posted earlier showing $47 and then get one of those cabs?  It does not say cash only on the sign.  

IMG_20190518_101907.jpg

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Did you find this flat rate sign that someone posted earlier showing $47 and then get one of those cabs?  It does not say cash only on the sign.  

IMG_20190518_101907.jpg

Yep that sign was out and I got in the tax loading zone.

30 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Yep that sign was out and I got in the tax loading zone.

Well then, that's a bit misleading, isn't it.  Are you going to follow-up with the company and if so, will you post back here and let us know what the outcome was?  

Edited by zelker

5 minutes ago, zelker said:

Well then, that's a bit misleading, isn't it.  Are you going to follow-up with the company and if so, will you post back here and let us know what the outcome was?  

I was going to complain but then the pending charge on my CC was the $57.80, then it cleared at the $66 price. Probably too late to complain, don't have the taxi # or driver id. I was so frustrated with the long wait for a cab I just wanted to get to the airport.

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

AlanF65 - try reaching out to the folks who lease/run Pier 91 (Cruise Terminals of America): ops@cruiseterminals.com

Let us know what happens.

Sent them an email.

Thanks for the contact info. I know better, I was just worn out, my luggage wasn't in my group, and then the line, was yelling (so they could hear me) to United Airlines changing my flight out in the crowd. The flight change cost me over $400, I willing tipped the porter $50 or $60 ( he was with me for over an hour so per bag didn't seem fair to him)

I had a wonderful experience at  pier 91 last year. Everything was smooth, the difference was I drove from California and parked near by. If I leave out of or return to Seattle again  I will take a later flight and use port valet.

I thought a noon flight allowed enough time.

Edited by AlanF65

Well, reading this, I'm glad we're using Port Valet but still, we have an 11:10 AM flight so am praying things go more smoothly for us than they seemed to for you.  Sorry you had such a lousy experience.  Now I'm rethinking switching from a private sedan company as it sounds like it will be worth it over the flat rate taxi and at least we'll know upfront exactly what the charge will be including gratuity.

Our group of 6 decided to get a large SUV from a car service to get us back and forth to the pier since we have a flight out at noon.  It was just over $100 with gratuity each way from pier 91 to Sea-Tac on debarkation. 

Edited by Mallow

14 hours ago, zelker said:

Well, reading this, I'm glad we're using Port Valet but still, we have an 11:10 AM flight so am praying things go more smoothly for us than they seemed to for you.  Sorry you had such a lousy experience.  Now I'm rethinking switching from a private sedan company as it sounds like it will be worth it over the flat rate taxi and at least we'll know upfront exactly what the charge will be including gratuity.

I think it depends on what day you disembark. On Fridays you have Ovation and Solstice which is 7100 passengers getting off at the same time. Other days of the weeks may only have 1 or 2 smaller ships.

the 24th of May was the first time both those ships were disembarking at pier 91 at the same time, it was the beginning of Memorial day weekend, they are tearing down part of the old freeway nearby. The port has a vested interest in getting it right. The ships need to not allow early boarding as when we were coming out people were trying to board at 10 am.

You should check recent sailing of the ship /line you are on in that forum and or see what other ships are in port the same day as you.

A

• Thanks 1

In anticipation of long lines for the $47 flat fee taxi, we booked a private town car for $60, we gave the driver 15% tip  ($9)  However when we were in the airport we received a text from the company saying the standard tip was 20% and should they add the other 5% to our credit card. 😮

11 minutes ago, Penzance said:

In anticipation of long lines for the $47 flat fee taxi, we booked a private town car for $60, we gave the driver 15% tip  ($9)  However when we were in the airport we received a text from the company saying the standard tip was 20% and should they add the other 5% to our credit card. 😮

That's pretty ballsy if you ask me.  How did you respond?  And do you mind sharing which company that was with?  Thx.

17 hours ago, zelker said:

If you are talking about your next sailing you are on the only ship in port with 1380 passengers. I was on EOS last year and a cab looked like a 5 minute wait at the most in similar circumstances.

12-Aug-19  1380 Amsterdam

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/806-Seattle_Washington/August_2019/

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

If you are talking about your next sailing you are on the only ship in port with 1380 passengers. I was on EOS last year and a cab looked like a 5 minute wait at the most in similar circumstances.

12-Aug-19  1380 Amsterdam

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/806-Seattle_Washington/August_2019/

July 29th sailing and yes, I already know we're the only ship in all of Seattle that day which should make things pretty easy.  And if we take the flat rate yellow taxi, we'll be sure to confirm it's a $47 flat rate before we ever get it.  Thanks again for relaying your experience.

54 minutes ago, zelker said:

July 29th sailing and yes, I already know we're the only ship in all of Seattle that day which should make things pretty easy.  And if we take the flat rate yellow taxi, we'll be sure to confirm it's a $47 flat rate before we ever get it.  Thanks again for relaying your experience.

I think you will see something like this

image.png.21cceec4ee2f21be53eeff368828d859.png

4 hours ago, Penzance said:

Would this happen to be AlreadyThere Towncars? We just had an extremely poor experience with them...

6 hours ago, zelker said:

That's pretty ballsy if you ask me.  How did you respond?  And do you mind sharing which company that was with?  Thx.

I have to agree it is pretty ballsy to text someone and tell or ask them you didn’t tip enough, unbelievable. Penzanze was on the same cruise we were on. I believe they took a town car from Alreadythere town cars, that’s what they posted on May 15th.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Would this happen to be AlreadyThere Towncars? We just had an extremely poor experience with them...

Would be most interested to hear why before I possibly make a mistake and book them. 

11 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I have to agree it is pretty ballsy to text someone and tell or ask them you didn’t tip enough, unbelievable. Penzanze was on the same cruise we were on. I believe they took a town car from Alreadythere town cars, that’s what they posted on May 15th.

I must have missed their post but if it was with Already There, then no WAY will I do business with them.  @Penzance can you confirm it was or wasn't please?