JUST FOR FUN...working on the ship

sgttami

Along with several others, I'd be working on their IT, but not hands-on fixing, more the planning of upgrades etc (I'm an IT Program Manager)...

But if it were based on preference, not experience, I'm with Bingomamma19- bartender, but at Alchemy Bar!

• Haha 1

I'm pretty good at dealing with unhappy people so guest services would be a good fit. I've done a lot of retail so gift shop would be good too. And the perk of no hours during port is awesome.  And then, I have also directed a daycare center and have spent many years tutoring groups of teens so I could probably be in charge of all the kids' groups-like a manager of the people actually in the clubs etc.

Based on what we regularly experience around the Carnival forums, I'd say a few people really shouldn't be dealing with complaints face to face. LOL They probably wouldn't last long.

Once upon a time, I could be a bartender. But that was a long time ago and I've forgotten most of those drink recipes. That and there's probably a whole lot of new drinks out there that I wouldn't even recognize. I have experience in security/law enforcement, but scanning S&S cards while in port would be boring. I've done plenty of entry control and it stinks. How about creating an "enforcer" position, where I can yell at people, especially the unruly kids, who break the rules. LOL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Based on what we regularly experience around the Carnival forums, I'd say a few people really shouldn't be dealing with complaints face to face. LOL They probably wouldn't last long.

Once upon a time, I could be a bartender. But that was a long time ago and I've forgotten most of those drink recipes. That and there's probably a whole lot of new drinks out there that I wouldn't even recognize. I have experience in security/law enforcement, but scanning S&S cards while in port would be boring. I've done plenty of entry control and it stinks. How about creating an "enforcer" position, where I can yell at people, especially the unruly kids, who break the rules. LOL

I like the idea of the Enforcer position:

- chair hogs

- wild children

- food touchers

- non-sanitary people

- seat savers

- line intruders

- elevators snobs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hotdog 52 said:

Chair hog monitor or entertainment support.

I honestly think a "Chair Boss" position would be great.  Reasonable rules, posted clearly, and enforced politely but uniformly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sean_B said:

I like the idea of the Enforcer position:

- chair hogs

- wild children

- food touchers

- non-sanitary people

- seat savers

- line intruders

- elevators snobs

As punishment for hitting all of the elevator buttons, I'd make the kids clean & polish all of the chrome on the elevators, inside & out.

If you're in a dripping wet swimsuit/trunks without a cover-up around the buffet, I hand you a mop. The crew member assigned to clean that area sits down and watches with a cold drink.

5 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Carnival's first female captain!!

look-at-me-im-the-captain-now.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

Stage manager!  It would be so cool to be backstage and running the shows on a ship, and I would be staff so I can go (and eat in) guest areas!

Not all staff get to eat in guest areas though, so this would be highly dependent on what you did. I don't think the stage manager gets to eat with guests but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Just have to say this is the best thread I have seen in a while. That being said I am afraid my experience might put me in the kitchen as a pastry chef, but what I would really like would be working the future cruise desk. Spending the last 15 years searching and researching constantly and being glued to these boards, I do believe I know more than most I have seen on board.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, sgttami said:

You just got a job on a Carnival ship based on your area of expertise.

Where would you be working?

😍😄 I'd love to be a comedy headliner!

I would love to be the PA announcer for all the sales  events. Just sit at my desk onboard pick up the microphone , here the page tones  and make announcements in return for pay, food and a good cabin!

Edited by travelplus

Based on my 20 years of experience as a computer programmer, systems analyst, and database manager, I'd definitely be sitting behind a computer somewhere.  Now, if I could sit behind that computer on the navigation bridge that would be heaven for me! I would love to experience the day to day operations on the bridge.  

Another dream job would be if Carnival employed me as a "secret shopper".  They could pay all of my expenses and I could cruise all of the time and report back to them about my experiences.

1 minute ago, RoperDK said:

Now, if I could sit behind that computer on the navigation bridge that would be heaven for me! I would love to experience the day to day operations on the bridge.  

It would put you to sleep.

Just now, RoperDK said:

Say it isn't so...….I guess ideas we have about jobs don't always hold up in real life.  You can't beat the view from the bridge though.  

The view is outstanding, but the work is actually pretty boring and mundane. Being in the Navy, the bridge can be a little more exciting with large weapons and missiles being fired, but otherwise during peace-time sailing...I left for a reason.

• Like 1