Potential Edge Modifications Revealed By Cruise Critic Editor

vtcruising

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This article was interesting - talks about the delicious earnings from the Edge, generating significant onboard revenue. Maybe prices won't be coming down....

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20800-celebrity-edge-performing-at-exceptional-level.html

awwww, they didn't include the 4th quote from the CFO: "So Celebrity Edge has just been going gangbusters ..."

hopefully it will come down once the apex and whatever number 3, 4, and 5 come out.

and probably also when the next generation of ships come out, ncl leonardo, dcl trition, rci icon, etc.

I think there just isn't much in the way of competition for those that aren't attached to the traditional cruise experience. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here is a newish Edge Hyperlapse video (4/19). You can see that they taped on a windy day (can see the plants swaying).

I did learn something about the Edge. It labels the Magic Forest as "Avalon", which I think I did see in the Edge art book, but had forgotten. I tried to figure out why and found this info on Wikipedia: "Avalon was a legendary island where King Arthur's sword Excalibur was forged and later where Arthur was taken to recover from his wounds after a battle.  Avalon was associated from an early date with mystical practices and figures."  I guess that is why it is called Avalon since it is on the road to Eden, with its mystical practices.  And now you know!  You are welcome!  😉

Thanks for the video...and background on the "forest"

.. As you know,  I am not a fan of that space.. it does not set any mood other than very dark ...too busy watching our step and looking out for speeding scooters...on our way to BLU and Eden multiple times per day.. 

When we are in the SV and not dining in BLU..we'll have fewer trips through per day..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the video...and background on the "forest"

.. As you know,  I am not a fan of that space.. it does not set any mood other than very dark ...too busy watching our step and looking out for speeding scooters...on our way to BLU and Eden multiple times per day.. 

When we are in the SV and not dining in BLU..we'll have fewer trips through per day..

Similar in concept and function to the Anteroom prior to the Ensembles Lounge on the S-Class ships. 

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Here's your Lemon Drop, Katie! It was quite tasty😊

20190503_182828.jpg

Yum, looks tasty.  I only drink those on cruises but they are delicious.  Big adventure tomorrow night.  We’re having a Kentucky Derby dinner party and serving mint juleps for the first time.  It will be interesting to see who in the gang gags first.

Enjoy your dinner and evening!  K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Just checked on prices for some future EDGE sailings. over $200.00 a day pp for ocean view plus the taxes and port charges. OUCH!

Better than Disney that is 300 pp for an inside. Our cut off is usually 150, which our Edge cabin met, but we bent that rule a bit on the Apex with our Oceanview and 2 perks. When we figured in the value with the perks we were comfortable with the cost. 

I am surprised with your comments on the food, we loved the buffet food and the MDRs were some of the best cruise food we have had. I do realize food is subjective, I just hope the dining room service has sped up, it was super slow when we were on.  

7 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

I am surprised with your comments on the food, we loved the buffet food and the MDRs were some of the best cruise food we have had. I do realize food is subjective, I just hope the dining room service has sped up, it was super slow when we were on. 

I have to agree 100%. So farThis year I've been on the Allure, Anthem, Carnival Horizon and the Edge and the MDRs on the Edge beat all those other ships by a mile. The special pasta at Tuscan rivals any land based restaurant IN ROME! Also love the special fish dish in Cyprus (along with the Greek salad, the cheese dip, and Greek yogurt dessert!) 

The buffet is a beautiful setting and the right side with the double height windows is quite a beautiful setting. I definitely feel it's the best cruiseship buffet;the hand tossed pizza is excellent. The rest of the food is varied, and tasty. Lots of choices for breakfast! 

I am assuming they changed the chief since we were on there. I am very happy that the buffet food is now good food. It certainly was not when we cruised. They are malinger changes for the good. However, no mater what they do it is not worth $200 plus a day not including tax and port charges. Way to many other choices out there.

How can they justify this plus Tax and port charges plus the extremely high prices for specialty anything.

Taken from a discount site. These are pp for a 9 night cruise. 

9 nights departing November 15, 2019 on
Celebrity's Celebrity Edge

Brochure Oceanview

$3,378

Our Oceanview

$2,379

You Save

30%

Brochure Balcony

$4,178

Our Balcony

$2,622

You Save

37%

Brochure Suite

$7,978

Our Suite

$6,749

You Save

15%

Oceanview Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $50 per cabin onboard credit.

Balcony Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $50 per cabin onboard credit.

Suite Offer! Book select categories and receive ALL of the following amenities:
1. A total of $350 per cabin onboard credit,
2. Pre-paid gratuities for two,
3. A Premium Beverage Package for two, which includes top shelf alcoholic beverages and select non-alcoholic beverages onboard, and 
4. Unlimited Internet access for two.

Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Similar in concept and function to the Anteroom prior to the Ensembles Lounge on the S-Class ships. 

Yes , familiar with them all...but  those were much easier and fun to pass through...and take photos in....The forest is too dark and the pathway narrow..Makes me want to get through it...rather than linger...  will be glad we only need to go through for EDEN, cafe  etc,  

We are excited about the 4 mdrs and are keeping a list of everyone's favorites!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Katie..

Enjoy your Kentucky Derby Party....so much fun!

51 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I hope to see pictures of the hats! 🙂

Oh no, 10 minutes ago I said to Jeff I’m not going to mess with a hat.  Also I realized around 6:30 tonight that days ago I had printed off the wrong set of horses for the betting grab, currently corrected.  Fortunately I’ve got Hors d’oeuvres, Mint Juleps and dinner under control so now I have to be hat creative, not my strong suit.😉😖😀.  It will be great fun but can’t promise any pix.  Marilyn I may hide all J’s video/picture taking devices.🤣

Has anyone had a Mint Julep?  I can’t stand cough medicine or mouthwash but will give it a whirl.

Katie

Edited by Oville

1 minute ago, Oville said:

Oh no, 10 minutes ago I said to Jeff I’m not going to mess with a hat.  Also I realized around 6:30 tonight days ago I had printed off the wrong set of horses for the betting grab, currently corrected.  Fortunately I’ve got Hors d’oeuvres, Mint Juleps and dinner under control so now I have to be hat creative, not my strong suit.😉😖😀.  It will be great fun but can’t promise any pix, I may hide all J’s video/picture taking devices.

Has anyone has a Julep?  I can’t stand cough medicine or mouthwash but we’ll give it a whirl.

Katie

LOL. I won't refuse an occasional  mojito, but otherwise don't do mint in my drinks. They are probably good, but maybe you should have a back up to go with the "horse" d'oeuves.  Sound like fun and J needs to video for posterity! 😉

15 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

LOL. I won't refuse an occasional  mojito, but otherwise don't do mint in my drinks. They are probably good, but maybe you should have a back up to go with the "horse" d'oeuves.  Sound like fun and J needs to video for posterity! 😉

Oh no, I hate mojitos, I may have to cheat😉, busy in the kitchen.  No worries, plenty of vino.

• Like 1

Just finished lunch at Le Grande Bistro. OMG I ate too much. I had the daily special (Coq au Vin) and DH had the trout. Attaching photos of our mains, both of which were very good. We spent part of our honeymoon "á Paris" and we're celebrating our anniversary on this cruise:-)

• Like 1