Where do I see proof I got my perks?

CardRock

I can see where we have our OBC in our cruise planner.  We just completed our online check-in, but I do not see that our other 2 perks (prepaid tips and classic drink package) are listed anywhere.  Where can I find proof of these perks on our account?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CardRock said:

I can see where we have our OBC in our cruise planner.  We just completed our online check-in, but I do not see that our other 2 perks (prepaid tips and classic drink package) are listed anywhere.  Where can I find proof of these perks on our account?  

Other than OBC our other perks we've selected as part of the cruise fare have never shown up in our CP order history.  You can request a copy of your guest invoice from Celebrity and all your perks you've selected will show there. 

Edited by davekathy

If you booked with Celebrity direct you should have been emailed a Booking Confirmation, the perks should show on that document.  If you booked through a travel agent they can send you a copy of the Booking Confirmation if they haven’t already done so.  

It used to be that the beverage package and wi-fi would be shown in the Cruise Planner under Order History but that doesn’t happen much any longer.  We book with a TA and the pre-paid gratuties have never shown on-line.   We have 20+ cruises with Celebrity and our perks have always been correct when we boarded the ship.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you booked with Celebrity direct you should have been emailed a Booking Confirmation, the perks should show on that document.  If you booked through a travel agent they can send you a copy of the Booking Confirmation if they haven’t already done so.  

It used to be that the beverage package and wi-fi would be shown in the Cruise Planner under Order History but that doesn’t happen much any longer.  We book with a TA and the pre-paid gratuties have never shown on-line.   We have 20+ cruises with Celebrity and our perks have always been correct when we boarded the ship.

I booked through a TA and had the EXACT same question- we even upgraded classic to premium drink package. The TA sent me confirmation of our perks as stated above and the upgrade. Good to go. All printed out and in my cruise folder. 

Edited by Dom G

For the perks, only OBC would show up early so that you can use it to purchase excursions and other packages. Even this policy is rather new. Other perks like drinking package would not show up until much later. Mine showed up within the last few weeks before the cruise. Someone had called the Captain Club to request having the perks listed in the purchase history earlier, but that is YMMV (just like any response from the customer service at Celebrity). Anyway, they should be shown on your booking confirmation from your TA (or Celebrity if you booked direct).

• 2 weeks later...

If I go to purchase anything on the site it will show me my OBC amount that can be used to purchase or pay with a charge card for them. I deal with a cruise adviser and she sends me there invoice and Celebrities so I can see everything. Years ago I learned never to book on line. My cruise adviser can usually get a far better price and able to get more perks and add perks from there company and from her also. Have them email or snail mail you the invoice.

I was just looking in my Cruise Planner for my On Board Credit, and I do not see it anywhere.

I went to my email from the large on .line travel agency. In the email it says that my OBC will show

up on the first day of my cruise.  So that means that it will be on our account to use once

we are onboard?

I do plan on printing out my email with the specifics in case it does not show up.

I WILL say one thing ………..    This is the first time that we have used this on  .line   travel agency. Never, ever, ever , ever

again. No Way.  They are so deceptive when I have called.  When trying to book, telling me that I can't get the price I'm seeing on my screen because I must be in the middle of a price change.

Then called back, and did get the price on my screen. Next morning, large price drop while I was still under the 24 hour window for price guarantee. Called and was told NO there has not been a price drop.  Insisted it's on my screen. Got price drop.  

Had a $200 refund coming.  Checked my online banking.  They gave me $118.00 refund.  

This place is dishonest and I will never use them again and will steer anyone away from them that I can.

Any OBC from a TA is not available until you are on the ship.  Generally it will show up on your onboard account on day 2 or 3.  You can check your account on the television in your stateroom.  The only OBC that shows online In the Cruise Planner is the non refundable OBC from Celebrity.

I’m sorry you are unhappy with the online TA.  We have worked with a few different ones and have settled on 2 that we are happy with.  If you are looking for recommendations I would suggest you ask those you meet on your next cruise.  In particular ask those that have cruised a lot and have booked with the same company multiple times and are getting between 7-10% back in refundable OBC.

Enjoy your Cruise.

We just booked a cruise for the first time through a TA. I worked hard to convince my DW it was the right thing to do. Extra perks, almost double OBC and gratuities besides the Bev Pkg and more OBC.

We have always booked directly through cruise line. So this is virgin territory for us..

There are alot of things that are totally different booking directly through the cruise line compared to booking with a TA. The fellow cruisers that get the great deals really never tell you how you find out about or where the perks you get appear.

Normally  if you book directly through the cruise line you get a invoice from them with all your perks and info and that is that.

With a TA you get an invoice with your pricing and perks but what you get from where is another story. May get some from Celebrity  or some from TA. What shows up on what invoice? Hmm and when? To me nothing is black and white. Some perks like OBC from the TA doesn't show up till days after you are on board? Yes you can roll the dice and say yes it will show up but if yer a retired engineer like me I like it black and white no guessing and waiting.

So as far as my first time booking through a highly recommended TA. Not happy at all.

i personally don't want to get onboard haggling with customer service as to what we have or don't have as far as perks.

Yes we will take our TA's invoice any emails from her but should we have to?

my issue is it doesn't show up on Celebrity’s site like TA’s.. so should we ask for a Celebrity invoice with all of our perks on it? Any tips?

5 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

i personally don't want to get onboard haggling with customer service as to what we have or don't have as far as perks.

Yes we will take our TA's invoice any emails from her but should we have to?

my issue is it doesn't show up on Celebrity’s site like TA’s.. so should we ask for a Celebrity invoice with all of our perks on it? Any tips?

As I quoted above, we had both the TA’s invoice and X’s invoice showing all of our perks and they were still wrong when we boarded. I’d even rang to check pre embarkation and was assured it was correct. So it doesn’t matter what anyone says, what is printed on a TA invoice or X’s official invoice, you can still board and find things are missing. I’ll repeat, ‘take all the hard copies with you’, just in case you need to fight your corner. Ask your TA for the customer’s copy of X’s invoice to be on the safe side.

Sorry, I thought it was this thread where I posted our recent experience on Silhouette. I’ll attach it below. 

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:53 AM, villauk said:

We are two families just returned from Silhouette. Before we left, I checked that both prepaid gratuities were on our accounts, even though we’d had it in writing from both our TA and X. I was informed that ours wasn’t showing on the account 🤷‍♀️ but the other family’s was. It was rectified, however, I still took all the hard copies with us.

Second day onboard, we were only charged for our third occupant (correct), but the other family were all charged grats per day. They went down to Guest Services, with their paperwork showing the prepaid gratuities, and advised the staff. Ten minutes later, and after a few phone calls, guest services agreed they had prepaid and would reimburse. Next day, more grats added to the account and no credit! Off they went again to Guest Services with their paperwork. Another twenty minutes of discussion, even though they could see on the computer screen that the family had been the previous day, they agreed the amount should be credited but they were still waiting on a code from Head Office. By 6pm that day, the gratuities we’re still showing on the account and as this was a mini cruise, the family had to return again to GS as it was the last evening. They are reasonable people and didn’t cause a scene, but it took this many visits to get their account straight, even though they had both X’s and their TA’s paperwork showing the prepaid gratuities. They were also charged for their Elite happy hour drinks too and had to explain to the representative at the desk what Elite drinks were and how they are complimentary between 5pm and 7pm!

Moral of the day: it’s a MUST to take a hard copy of your paperwork, no matter what X, your TA or Captain’s Club say is on your account - have it in writing with you!

Above is the copy of a post of our recent experience on Silhouette regarding missing perks.

Always bring your "proof of perks" with you. 

On our last Summit cruise last January, our OBC from TA did not show on account until day #2 of the cruise.....but it did arrive correctly.  Lots of things don't show up pre-cruise.....but somehow X usually gets it right.

Villauk,

Very sorry to hear about your experience. This is exactly what I want to avoid and is why I am unsettled with the way the TA and Celebrity show and dont show what you have coming.

I know this can happen even if you have all hard copies which we will most definitely take along.

i want to avoid any stress on this November vacation.Thanks for sharing your story. 

• 1 month later...

I usually book with Celebrity and then move it to a TA but have gone directly with a TA especially when they can you a group rate discount.  Definitely have to pay attention and get documentation with the reservation.  Luckily all my experiences have been really good but I also worked in the hospitality industry for many years and have dealt with TA's for many years overall. 

Crazy thing is how do I know what perks came from who?i see my beverage pkg and $400 OBC (from Celebrity) on the Celebrity site so do I assume the gratuities came from TA which does not show on Celebrity site. Unless Im looking in the wrong area. Should be under- order history? The $275 OBC from TA is a no brainer and will show up on my account after a day or so onboard.

First time booking thru a TA has not been easy but appreciate everyones help.. Im getting this..

Thanks to the OP for asking this question and all those who replied.  As I was reading the thread I realized that the confirmation I received for the booking I made during the recent 3 Perks sail didin't include details of any of my perks.  Called Customer Service right away and had them send me a full invoice.

We always use a large online agency that easily has the best deals, and they always send out the offer and price based on the ships offer combined with what the're offering. Then in a day or so they send out another email with some bonuses there giving you.  Just the perks the ship is giving is seen at this time on there website. The additional offers from the online agency show up the first day your on your cruise.  Ten cruises with them and they have always been right-on.  Needless to say the info has always been sent right after booking.