Move Over- Move Down offer

SAN415

We are on the TA cruise on the emerald May 3rd. We got an offer to "move over" to a different cruise for free and a 100% refund. We couldn't take that offer as we have to many plans that this cruise is part of. Time in Barcelona and 2 B2B cruises out of Barcelona. But I said I would think about helping them with our balcony category if they needed me to. They offered us 100% refund, on this cruise if we would move down into an interior. We took that offer!

Not sure how we are going to do in an interior! Me, my Husband, and a granddaughter. But we will manage. If someone "gave" us a free 15 day cruise for 3 in an interior we would be super excited. FREE!! So that is the attitude we will have. We were in an extra large interior on Holland America. It was a long time ago. This is a standard interior. Deck 12. Any tips for us? To make the space work better?

Thank You Princess...so far everything has been flawless! Booking the cruise, excursions, and paying the cruise off online. All worked perfectly. I'm sure our cruise will be perfect also!

• Like 5

Definitely going to be tough! But our next two cruises, while we are in Spain, are in 2 bedroom suites. We are looking at this as a "fun" adventure? We decided we would rather do the TA cruise in place of flying to Barcelona. So at least the cabin is larger than a airline seat... not by much though hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on the free move down! I just did a 15 day in an interior after always sailing in balconies or above but it wasn't too bad, however I was a solo.

I wasn't in the room much, my cabin was just steps from the aft pool on the Emerald so I spent a lot of time out there.

One tip I love that I learned here on CC is, I use a battery powered candle for the bathroom at night. Its a soft light and you don't get blinded by the bright light when you try to go back to bed.

I would say if everyone is respectful of the small space and puts their stuff away, it should be fine.

Have a great cruise! 😊

We were in an inside for our 15-day crossing on the Royal last September. Just two of us instead of three. But it was fine. If necessary, your husband could go to the gym to shower while you ladies get ready for dinner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Congrats on the free move down! I just did a 15 day in an interior after always sailing in balconies or above but it wasn't too bad, however I was a solo.

I wasn't in the room much, my cabin was just steps from the aft pool on the Emerald so I spent a lot of time out there.

One tip I love that I learned here on CC is, I use a battery powered candle for the bathroom at night. Its a soft light and you don't get blinded by the bright light when you try to go back to bed.

I would say if everyone is respectful of the small space and puts their stuff away, it should be fine.

Have a great cruise! 😊

Thanks, I packed the battery powered tea lights. 

14 minutes ago, geoherb said:

We were in an inside for our 15-day crossing on the Royal last September. Just two of us instead of three. But it was fine. If necessary, your husband could go to the gym to shower while you ladies get ready for dinner.

Thank You, that is such a good idea!

• Haha 1

Congratulations on the movedown!  Hopefully you will be able to do something fun with all of the extra OBC.  You should get a refund check for the OBC balance back roughly 3 weeks after the cruise - or at least that was the timing for our moveover cruise in January!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

SAN415, how many days before your cruise were you offered this?

Also, 12 out of 14 of our cruises on Princess have been inside quads!! We sleep super well due to no light, & we’re only in there to sleep, shower & dress. Works great for our family!

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I'm guessing as the ships rotate through the latest refurbishments you won't need those tea lights.

Our last 2 cruises (Ruby & Star), they had added a motion-activated night light at the base of the desk. Made it very easy to see where you were going and it wasn't too bright.

• Thanks 1

We always hope for an offer. They aren't super common but maybe... someday... If they offered us a move over or our TA I'd try to get them to pay the airfare home from Barcelona as we leave from there.

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm guessing as the ships rotate through the latest refurbishments you won't need those tea lights.

Our last 2 cruises (Ruby & Star), they had added a motion-activated night light at the base of the desk. Made it very easy to see where you were going and it wasn't too bright.

That helps you get to the bathroom, but a night light of some sort is still needed once you close the bathroom door unless you want a very bright light.

• Like 1

We too just took a movedown offer after swearing off insides on future cruises after our last inside. Ah well, as you say, free is free, and with the obc we kept, we're getting paid to go on the ship! 🤑

As someone put it, one does tend to sleep better in a blackout environment, and with the time changes, that could come in handy. A light for the bathroom serves more than one purpose as well. One time there was an electrical outage while dh was in the bathroom taking a shower on an inside. 😮 Nothing like a head full of soap and no lights to teach one to keep a flashlight lying around. *L*

The other advantage is you are pretty much forced to go out and discover all those nooks and crannies on the ship as you find the perfect spots for reading and relaxing. 🙂 

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SusieS said:

SAN415, how many days before your cruise were you offered this?

Also, 12 out of 14 of our cruises on Princess have been inside quads!! We sleep super well due to no light, & we’re only in there to sleep, shower & dress. Works great for our family!

Hi Susie, 

The offer to rebook on a different cruise was on Friday the 26th. I called with in a few minutes and left a message that we couldn't cancel this cruise, but i was open to helping by giving up our cabin for a different one, depending on what they offered.

The call came from "corporate" and so I didn't here anything over the week end. On Monday the 29th I got the offer for a full refund and an interior cabin on the same cruise. That would be 4 days till we sail. We sail on May 3rd, Transatlantic on the Emerald Princess.

• Like 1