Honeymoon Ship Suggestion

NTC0624

Hi all, I've been trying to research the best cruise to choose for a honeymoon!  I think I've narrowed it down to a Celebrity ship. I've been on Royal 4 times and love them, but not the best for romance with so many kids.  However I've never been on a Celebrity cruise.  I love how the new Edge looks, but that may be just a bit out of our price range.  We are both in our mid 20s and looking for something fun, but also romantic.  I am also open to other cruise line suggestions, I've just found Celebrity may be the perfect balance between romance and fun for our age!  We do know we want it to be a summer time cruise in the Caribbean! Any suggestion will help! Thank you!  

Edited by NTC0624

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

What time of year? How long a cruise are you wanting? What part of the world do you want to cruise in?

Since the OP said they were interested in the Caribbean in the summer I would say the Equinox.

It is a beautiful ship.  Our 1st Celebrity Cruise was on the Equinox.  I would suggest, if possible you book a Aqua Class cabin.  Blu would be your dining room and it is smaller than the MDR and IMHO food & serve are a step above.  Plus you have access to the Persian Garden with tge heated loungers and amazing sea views.

We prefer the Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

We happen to really like Celebrity and have sailed all three classes of their ships (Millenium, Solstice and Edge).  From your post, my thoughts of what might be a nice fit for your may be the Solstice class.  Still a beautiful class of ship and more budget friendly than the E class. 

One of my favourite "romantic" memories from an S class sailing was being docked in San Juan until 11:00 p.m. and they had "Jazz Under the Stars" on the lawn club.  It was beautiful....smooth jazz, laying on a blanket with a "candle" (faux of course) on real grass on the top deck of the ship with your loved one looking up at what seemed like a million stars while wine and appies were served to you listening to a live jazz trio singing/performing smooth jazz.  Now, that being said, I don't know if they still offer the Jazz Under the Stars entertainment ?

I would love to hear your final decision on what cruise line/ship you choose!  Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! 😊 

Whilst I agree Equinox is a great option you could also look at Virgins stay and cruise options in Barbados. They offer a  cruise on the Royal Clipper (really different) and a weeks cruise is combined with a week all inclusive....I presume you can just book the cruise, but I have only seen it as part of a package.

I rarely suggest things I haven’t done but I saw this option when browsing the other day and for a honeymoon it could be fantastic....

Also agree Summit is a good option.

Book the Equinox.   I think when you are planning on sailing it will be Revolutionized ( totally refurbished to be like the Edge). 

If possible and something to consider is to get a Sky Suite.   It comes with all the perks such as premium drink package, $300 Ship board credit, unlimited internet and paid gratuities.   Plus it will have the retreat area that is a private area for suite guests.  The more upscale  Luminae restaurant, for breakfast, lunches on sea days, and dinner.  It is a smaller more intimate dining experience with great service.

The cabins are larger and you get very good service from the Butler.  Almost anything you want.   Just ask and they will within reason accommodate.  The few times we had a suite they would stock our refridge with beer that we like and etc. and also bring us drinks from the bar or Cafe al Bacio ( the special coffee bar similar to Starbucks).  You also have access to Michael’s Club that is a private bar that has some special events along with the host that can do a lot for you.  We were surprised on our last cruise in a Sky Suite where it was a reception with the the officers.   They took our picture with the captain and the next day the photo was in our cabin with no charge.  

If that that is out of your price range go for the Aqua class.  That category has the Blu restaurant that is almost as good,and sometimes better than Luminae.  Plus it gives unlimited use of the Persian Garden.  Has a very nice shower panel that has spray jets.  The cabin also comes with a few other perks that the other cabins don’t have.

Knowing what I know today I would definitely book a Sky Suite for a honeymoon if It was a cruise and might go into debt to do it.  It will be a little or lot  more than what you are planning on but  am sure that you will love it.   It would be very romantic, relaxing,  pampered and special.  Being in a suite has a lot special privileges starting with the embarkation and ending when disembarking and everything in between.   

disclaimer.  .The cost of the honeymoon or what it is, is no guarantee of a successful long happy marriage.   My wife and I had less than  a $100 and drove to Niagara Falls and got the cheapest room we could find.  No credit cards as they weren’t popular or anything we wanted or considered.  We  had a fabulous time and may have done the same things or more than those on a more expensive honeymoon.   We ate, drank, partied, and 🥰😍😜 at every  chance we had,  at anytime and any place.   I am sure today that with all the cameras we would be posted on many adult sites.    We drove home when our money was running out and were  running on fumes in the gas tank.    

We have been married almost 50 years.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

disclaimer.  .The cost of the honeymoon or what it is, is no guarantee of a successful long happy marriage.   My wife and I had less than  a $100 and drove to Niagara Falls and got the cheapest room we could find.  No credit cards as they weren’t popular or anything we wanted or considered.  We  had a fabulous time and may have done the same things or more than those on a more expensive honeymoon.   We ate, drank, partied, and 🥰😍😜 at every  chance we had,  at anytime and any place.   I am sure today that with all the cameras we would be posted on many adult sites.    We drove home when our money was running out and were  running on fumes in the gas tank.    

We have been married almost 50 years.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by shofer

There weren't that many, if any, options for cruising 50 years ago as I recall.  DH and I were fortunate that his company owned a condo in Ft. Lauderdale and let us use it for 2 weeks at no charge.   We had to pay for our plane tickets which cost $232.00 for both of us (I still have the receipt.) and spending money but it was a great wedding gift.  

8 hours ago, shofer said:

There weren't that many, if any, options for cruising 50 years ago as I recall.  DH and I were fortunate that his company owned a condo in Ft. Lauderdale and let us use it for 2 weeks at no charge.   We had to pay for our plane tickets which cost $232.00 for both of us (I still have the receipt.) and spending money but it was a great wedding gift.  

I think the show “The Love Boat” started to air in 1977.  It would still have been out of our price range.   

My cousin got married in 1963 and they honeymooned in Bermuda for a week.  One of the only couples that I ever knew that did anything like that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅