What are these orange chocolate pastry bombs?

Rovney01

I did a 15 day cruise on Emerald Princess to Hawaii with my family a couple months ago and I can’t get these little pastry/cakes out of my mind but I have no idea what they are and they weren’t labeled at the buffet... it’s like a dense heavy cake but very moist, orange flavored with chocolate ganache on top... been trying to search the internet for a recipe of something that may be similar but can’t find anything... anyone know what these are called and/or have princess’ recipe? I’ll love you forever! 

26CB90EC-CFF8-4D3F-88BA-18EE7789ADDE.jpeg

798EEB8F-708F-4AE8-8C88-E9D072E04A5C.jpeg

8B327C1D-7086-47D6-A4C5-266B3EE7C162.jpeg

14B1FC7A-8973-4774-A58C-7FD9B140BB33.jpeg

• Like 1

This could be a pastry that is made in Hawaii bakery's and Princess made them for this sailing.  Hawaii bakery's are know for their dense cake style donuts; and some come with citrus flavors.  

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, EDDY0827 said:

Get in touch with Princess and ask for the recipe. I have heard that others have been successful getting a favorite dish's recipe from them. Good luck!

Just a moment of humor (humour for you Brits).  Many years ago, DW and I really liked the cold Strawberry soup on RCCL (now RCI).  When we returned home, DW wrote a letter (yes, this was in the days when people wrote letters) to the cruise line asking for the recipe.   A few months later we got a very nice personal letter from RCCL's  Executive Chef (for the entire company) with a recipe.  He explained that he had spent some time trying to figure out how to cut-down the company recipe since it was designed for 400 portions!  And no, it is not as simple as dividing all the ingredients by 400 :).

Hank

20 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Just a moment of humor (humour for you Brits).  Many years ago, DW and I really liked the cold Strawberry soup on RCCL (now RCI).  When we returned home, DW wrote a letter (yes, this was in the days when people wrote letters) to the cruise line asking for the recipe.   A few months later we got a very nice personal letter from RCCL's  Executive Chef (for the entire company) with a recipe.  He explained that he had spent some time trying to figure out how to cut-down the company recipe since it was designed for 400 portions!  And no, it is not as simple as dividing all the ingredients by 400 :).

Hank

Princess did the same for me in the 90's.

I also had a restaurant give me a recipe in Japanese (as a joke) - I told them not to worry, I have friends from Japan and then he handed me the English version.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

This could be a pastry that is made in Hawaii bakery's and Princess made them for this sailing.  Hawaii bakery's are know for their dense cake style donuts; and some come with citrus flavors.  

I have a friend who has lived in Oahu for most of her life. She said, "absolutely NOT a Hawaiian treat".