Amsterdam Lido Dining

miju4243

For Lido dinner, check the closing hours carefully, and expect that the serving staff will begin removing food and buttoning up before the stated closing time.  Most of the food served for Lido dinner is the same as in the MDR.  Enjoy, m--

My next cruise, Iam sailing alone.     I have never done that.   I   f for any reason  I am not happy in MDR, though my  late DH and I never had dinner in lido on any of our about 100 cruises,   I plan to give that a try if MDR is not 'right ' for me now.  It is nice to have the option to dine there  rather than retreat to room service

If MDR    does not  'work for me as a solo.  

image.png.9be2aebd084815addaa8d82e62883ee6.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, miju4243 said:

In the CC dining review they only mention breakfast & lunch therefore the question.

Thanks for responding.

Would you be able to alert CC to the incorrect or incomplete information?  Or give me a link and I will alert them.

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

My next cruise, Iam sailing alone.     I have never done that.   I   f for any reason  I am not happy in MDR, though my  late DH and I never had dinner in lido on any of our about 100 cruises,   I plan to give that a try if MDR is not 'right ' for me now.  It is nice to have the option to dine there  rather than retreat to room service

sail.noordam@gmail.com

May I just mention that I really admire the fact that you decided to continue cruising after your DH’s passing. I doubt that I would have the courage, and would probably wither at home if not working.

Have a great cruise!

Google Niew Amsterdam review youtube. Several are current and there are those that go into detail about the dining.

Most ships buffets close at 9:30 this one reopens at 10:30 PM till 1 or 2 AM depending on the night. Ships that do the late starting at 10:30 have usually just closed down what they will be takings way and leaving open the others.

Looking forward to cursing on this ship.

4 hours ago, sail7seas said:

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Sail, I don't know if you are one to join your roll call but on one of my cruises with 2 friends we met 2 women thru the roll call and we ended up dining together in MDR as well as doing some tours together....just a thought. Have a great cruise!

22 minutes ago, Love the beach said:

Sail, I don't know if you are one to join your roll call but on one of my cruises with 2 friends we met 2 women thru the roll call and we ended up dining together in MDR as well as doing some tours together....just a thought. Have a great cruise!

23 minutes ago, Love the beach said:

A good suggestion but I  don' get  involved in the roll calls

image.png

I have never eaten in the Lido for dinner.  As a widow, I can relate to Sail.  My first cruise after my husband’s passing I sailed with a female friend.  Then I booked a spur of the moment Alaskan cruise last August.  I chose a table for 4 and 2 nights of the 7 nights the other couple did not show up.  Fun sitting by myself—NOT!

For my cruise in October I have requested a table for 8.  Odds are better that I won’t be dining alone.

i did join the roll call for the Alaska cruise and met several other singles, and we made a great trivia team.  I plan to join the roll call for my upcoming October cruise.

Since my DH's passing, I sailed with a couple with whom we sailed in the past as two couples.  It was kind of them to ask me if I wanted to get a cabin and join the.  I did and it was fine.  they are busy elsewhere the (dates) of my cruiser. I also sailed once with the female   of that couple.  

I have done a huge amount of travel but never  totally alone.    wish me luck.  -:)  My Dh and I were a couple all of our adult lives.  We met  when we were both 18 and were together ever since ..   until his passing.    Very big adjustment.

image.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

There are a great many solo cruisers/ travelers these days and the hospitality business is  quite able to please most.  One will likely never please all of them  , all of the time.

image.png.9085f59b94f96a2d2ca0e8490cb703da.png

sail.noodam@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 2:01 PM, Cruising-along said:

According to the OP's thread title, he/she is asking about the Amsterdam, not the NA. 🙂 

Doesn't matter as the info given is the same for all HAL ships.

image.png.1449ad652e411e81145d7e9463fd0df9.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com