Nice upsell

We received an offer to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for our Alaska cruise on the Island departing in 2 weeks, $189 pp. I took it. Balconies in that location are selling for $1618 pp. Thank you Princess. This will be our 19th cruise, but our very 1st balcony. Excited!!

• Like 4

Very Cool!  On our Alaskan cruise last year we sat on our balcony when the ship was docking in Juneau and the thrusters were churning the water. Our balcony faced the water and we watched about a dozen bald eagles swooping around for fish.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FineAsFrogsHair said:

Good for you!  Hope your balcony is in a great location.  IMHO a balcony is a great thing on the Alaskan Cruise.

I had read that exact sentiment on cruise critic many times. 12 days & away we go. 😁

1 minute ago, marden1970 said:

Very Cool!  On our Alaskan cruise last year we sat on our balcony when the ship was docking in Juneau and the thrusters were churning the water. Our balcony faced the water and we watched about a dozen bald eagles swooping around for fish.

Oh my gosh! How amazing!

18 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Pretty sure that all balconies face the water😇.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Pretty sure that all balconies face the water😇.

Not when you're docked in Juneau.  Ours faced land, but we still saw a mess of bald eagles. Ours were in the trees.

BTW, 1965, I agree. Nice upsell indeed.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

I’m little confused so please help me understand the upsell for $189pp.

1) Are you paying an additional $189 for a balcony (which is on top of your “inside” stateroom price)?  Example:  $800 + $189 = $989pp total.

2) You’re only paying $189pp – total cost for a balcony?

3) Or it’s something else?

9 minutes ago, John99 said:

1) Are you paying an additional $189 for a balcony (which is on top of your “inside” stateroom price)?  Example:  $800 + $189 = $989pp total.

#1 is the correct answer.:classic_biggrin:

Wow, excellent upsell! We've booked an oceanview obstructed for Hawaii in November - I'm really hoping for an upsell. A balcony would be great, but even a regular oceanview would work for us! 

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

We received an offer to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for our Alaska cruise on the Island departing in 2 weeks, $189 pp. I took it. Balconies in that location are selling for $1618 pp. Thank you Princess. This will be our 19th cruise, but our very 1st balcony. Excited!!

Really nice!!!  I always say, if there is one place to splurge on a balcony, Alaska is the place!!  Enjoy your cruise!  

3 hours ago, John99 said:

We paid $375 for our inside cabin through an email offer a few months ago, which was an amazing price for a 7 day cruise. We added $189 to that. Our mid aft balcony cabin total cost is $564. 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

We paid $375 for our inside cabin through an email offer a few months ago, which was an amazing price for a 7 day cruise. We added $189 to that. Our mid aft balcony cabin total cost is $564. 😊

So happy for you

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

You are very lucky.  We paid full price for a B2B inside cabin when the itinerary first became available.  Had my TA call 3 weeks ago to see if any upsells were available and was told no.  Had my TA call last week and said I was even willing to pay the difference between what we paid and what the balcony pricing was showing on the website and was still told no.  I could clearly see that cabins were available.

I assume you did not get any perks (OBC or drink package) with your original purchase????

We also received an upsell offer this week for our Ruby cruise beginning July 5th.  We originally booked an inside cabin.  I love balcony cabins as much as anybody else, but for about $1000 more pp, I don't love them that much.  That's about the difference in cost between an inside and a balcony when we booked about a week before final payment date.  The upsell was for $279 pp.  We jumped on it.  The balcony is actually a premium balcony, mid ship on deck 10.  We are more than excited.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

You are very lucky.  We paid full price for a B2B inside cabin when the itinerary first became available.  Had my TA call 3 weeks ago to see if any upsells were available and was told no.  Had my TA call last week and said I was even willing to pay the difference between what we paid and what the balcony pricing was showing on the website and was still told no.  I could clearly see that cabins were available.

I assume you did not get any perks (OBC or drink package) with your original purchase????

No perks. 

Balconies on my 7/13 iceland cruise are 2k more per person than inside.  I have an obstructed view with no obstruction for not much more than inside. Would like a balcony and am hoping for an upsell but so far no one has been offered. 22 balconies still for sale. 

Maybe the cruise is really sold out 

Having anb UpSell is very well.

Alaska , our largest US State is such a greeat place , no other place is like her in the world.

My youngest nephew is as well a USMA Gradate and n officer in the US Army staioned ion Fairbanks, Ak. now.

You have so much wildlife , if going to Skagway take the Train. They own them pier and you may bioard next to it too. The Retail prices inb shopping are the Lowest too. A PX is located about Two-34 blocks from the Pier area.

May your cruise be well and not many swells..