Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Most cruising through Europe is port intensive. Last year we did Baltics/Scandinanvia B2B on Sapphire Princess. A few days break in Southampton then British Isles on Royal Princess.  I had to have another couple of weeks rest in England to get over it all before we headed to Heefrow.  But of all European cruising, The Med is the most port intensive, but then again you are not there for a haircut, you are there to see the places, not just the inside of a ship.

Exactly, you want to see as much as you can while there.

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our last Med cruise was 21 nights and 5 sea days. We mostly did half day shorex and/or just pottered around the ports by ourselves. The sea days were nicely spaced out on that cruise so we didn't feel like we were overdoing things.

It is certainly something to consider when booking these cruises, itinerary may be great but you also need to consider how well your body can take it. In addition, you may have weather playing a major part, like the current heat wave in Europe, or last years' Beast from the East.

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It is certainly something to consider when booking these cruises, itinerary may be great but you also need to consider how well your body can take it. In addition, you may have weather playing a major part, like the current heat wave in Europe, or last years' Beast from the East.

Perhaps a 6 month gym contract to get into shape before you leave. 

All that touring is hard wok....

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Perhaps a 6 month gym contract to get into shape before you leave. 

All that touring is hard wok....

yes, I try and keep fit by playing 3 to 4 games of soccer each week., but cruising soon loses any fitness I may have.

Next port is Helsinki , Finland. Its only a short ferry ride from Tallin. From her track Sera Princess had plenty of time to spare on the way across. 

When we were on the HOHO bus in Helsinki our driver told us us he was from Tallin and comes over to work.

1605483296_1seamap.jpg.fc7bf85662ecfe1cceefed2140afe2f3.jpg

3 ships in Helsinki today 

Brilliance of the Seas 2,112
Costa Magica 2,716
Sea Princess 1,998
3 Ships  6,826 passengers

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

yes, I try and keep fit by playing 3 to 4 games of soccer each week., but cruising soon loses any fitness I may have.

Tis the full English brekkies, Uncle Mic.

Nice pics, we were in St Petersburg last year for a couple of days on Sapphire Princess.  The portside officials, police, security, immigration etc, are very serious people.  They made it so hard for the crew to go through the process to get ashore, the crew gave up in the end. They had about 5 security points for pax, but made the crew wait hours.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Nice pics, we were in St Petersburg last year for a couple of days on Sapphire Princess.  The portside officials, police, security, immigration etc, are very serious people.  They made it so hard for the crew to go through the process to get ashore, the crew gave up in the end. They had about 5 security points for pax, but made the crew wait hours.

So that hasn't changed then.

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

So that hasn't changed then.

Has not and the blogger, Cruisin' Princess mentions rude Aussies, argy bargy trying to get off the ship for the front seats of the tour bus, as they do.  Not pleasant.

So ye olde Sea Princess sails on to Stockholm.  Many pax will visit the Abba museum there, worth a look.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Has not and the blogger, Cruisin' Princess mentions rude Aussies, argy bargy trying to get off the ship for the front seats of the tour bus, as they do.  Not pleasant.

So ye olde Sea Princess sails on to Stockholm.  Many pax will visit the Abba museum there, worth a look.

Not good for the aussie reputation.

Must be overbooked from Dover, have now had FIVE emails with a moveover offer, full refund of cruise fare as OBC, hard to think how I could spend over $20,000,$800 air credit and free cruise up to 52 days.

Hmm let me think, bedroom looks like a bomb hit it, big decisions what to pack and what to not.  All organisational things such as currency, DFAT, banks, blog started etc done.  Probably too old to do another long cruise on my own.  

Not taking it but will accept upgrade to balcony. Lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Must be overbooked from Dover, have now had FIVE emails with a moveover offer, full refund of cruise fare as OBC, hard to think how I could spend over $20,000,$800 air credit and free cruise up to 52 days.

Hmm let me think, bedroom looks like a bomb hit it, big decisions what to pack and what to not.  All organisational things such as currency, DFAT, banks, blog started etc done.  Probably too old to do another long cruise on my own.  

Not taking it but will accept upgrade to balcony. Lol

Wow, I would be very tempted.

Yeah 3 days away from flying out, bit too close.  This is probably my last long cruise on my own, will have to convince the “kids” (in their late forties) to come with me.

I am doing a very basic blog for my trip from Dover to Brisbane, mainly so I don’t overload Facebook.  Main purpose is to let my kids know what I am doing.

Anyone is very welcome to have a look as the trip progresses, website is

https://gwenkelly51.weebly.com/

Also it is best viewed on a mobile phone, doesn’t display well on an IPad.

I fly out tomorrow morning 2.35 am and get to Heathrow at 8.15 pm so no posts until I board on Tuesday.

Edited by Gwendy