Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

4 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

I am doing a very basic blog for my trip from Dover to Brisbane, mainly so I don’t overload Facebook.  Main purpose is to let my kids know what I am doing.

Anyone is very welcome to have a look as the trip progresses, website is

https://gwenkelly51.weebly.com/

I fly out tomorrow morning 2.35 am and get to Heathrow at 8.15 pm so no posts until I board on Tuesday.

Safe travels. Enjoy your cruise. 🙂

1 hour ago, Gwendy said:

I am doing a very basic blog for my trip from Dover to Brisbane, mainly so I don’t overload Facebook.  Main purpose is to let my kids know what I am doing.

Anyone is very welcome to have a look as the trip progresses, website is

https://gwenkelly51.weebly.com/

Also it is best viewed on a mobile phone, doesn’t display well on an IPad.

I fly out tomorrow morning 2.35 am and get to Heathrow at 8.15 pm so no posts until I board on Tuesday.

Thanks. Safe travels and smooth seas.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Safe travels. Enjoy your cruise. 🙂

Enjoy your cruise, do not listen to the cranky old Aussies on board.  We like to hear what you do on and off the ship.  Above all have fun !!

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Enjoy your cruise, do not listen to the cranky old Aussies on board.  We like to hear what you do on and off the ship.  Above all have fun !!

I might be one of the cranky Aussies.  Don’t think so though.  I love to cruise and enjoy every moment.  Love seeing new places and things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

An interesting port at Dover, the battlements up on the ridge are worth exploring.

A visit to Dover Castle is a must, it is in the town. A load of WW2 stuff there as well.

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

And the Carlsburg brewery and Tivoli Gardens.

I am so glad you did not mention the 'Little Mermaid' A non event that was and swarming with Japanese tourists, without being racist.

Edited by NSWP

38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Well it is little.

It is miniscule and even though it’s over a fence and sitting on a rock in the water , it’s hard to get a photo of it due to all the tourists lining up to pose beside it .

8 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I note from the latest blog they were 3 hours late arriving in Dover due to propeller problems. It was fixed and they arrived only 2 hrs late , but let’s hope this is not an ongoing problem .

Yes, if it is a recurring issue, there are segments where it will really affect the itinerary.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

WOW.

One day in the English Channel, I counted 50 ships around us, they need a few floating roundabouts out there, although they have their systems.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I note from the latest blog they were 3 hours late arriving in Dover due to propeller problems. It was fixed and they arrived only 2 hrs late , but let’s hope this is not an ongoing problem .

I hope no disembarking pax  missed their flights home from Heathrow or Gatwick if they had lunchtime or early arvo flights, as some do book. Too tight a window in the event of a late arrival.

Next stop, Portland, I suppose they will have shorex to Portsmouth or Plymouth or Salisbury/Winchester Cathedrals.  Perhaps a visit to Aldi or Lidl to procure some necessary items.  Perhaps even try a pork pie.

Edited by NSWP