Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

Really great blog from Cruisin Princess re life on and off the ship, that is what we want.😀

I hope ye old Bay of Biscay is kind to ye olde Sea Princess, on our journeys through there we have hit some really big swells coming in from the Atlantic.  Makes the ships creak.

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

They have just gone through the Straits of Gibraltar and next call is the historic port of Cadiz. 

Agree with you Les the blog is excellent and love that it is kept so up to date.

Thanks young David, Cadiz is great too.  

Apparently more passengers offloaded as openings for Berlin tours available.  Have not heard of so many people being offloaded and not allowed to continue cruise due to Princess not giving medical clearance.

i know demographic leads to this and maybe FB allows easy notifications of issues but it seems to be an issue. 

Leaving in 2 weeks to join her in Dover.  Hope it is sorted.  Some people on board do not seem to be happy campers.

28 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Apparently more passengers offloaded as openings for Berlin tours available.  Have not heard of so many people being offloaded and not allowed to continue cruise due to Princess not giving medical clearance.

i know demographic leads to this and maybe FB allows easy notifications of issues but it seems to be an issue. 

Leaving in 2 weeks to join her in Dover.  Hope it is sorted.  Some people on board do not seem to be happy campers.

Yeah, must be more to the story, hopefully you can enlighten us once you join her.

Just now, icat2000 said:

What is the age demographics for this cruise. You always get misery cruisers. Every sailing. Complaining to them is part of everyday life. 

I would say the upper limits of the cruising elderly by all the medical issues.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I would say the upper limits of the cruising elderly by all the medical issues.

Like a lot of 80 plusers?

This is why I need to go on World Cruise before I retire. I just have to use long service leave and Pete can either quit his job or stay at home  haha.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Like a lot of 80 plusers?

This is why I need to go on World Cruise before I retire. I just have to use long service leave and Pete can either quit his job or stay at home  haha.

I don’t think they would be quite that old. A World Cruise needs a lot of planning and you need to be reasonably fit....

I think the cruise would appeal to those who are still active and have just retired . 

Just now, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I don’t think they would be quite that old. A World Cruise needs a lot of planning and you need to be reasonably fit....

I think the cruise would appeal to those who are still active and have just retired . 

When I did 4 day sector on the PO UK world cruise. They lost 8 on the journey over to Australia and the demographic was pretty old. 

In 2009 when I did the golf world cruise, Sydney to Southampton, I was among the younger set!  I was 58.  We also lost quite a few of the older cruisers.  So sad to see ambulances lined up as we docked in various ports.

i will not be spending my time seeking out details on this cruise, if someone lets me know I will pass it on, but my goal is to enjoy every port and every sea day.  I cannot indulge the whiners, suck it up and move on.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Confirms what my friends on board are saying, lot of sickness and unhappy pax.  I reckon a few more will jump ship at Dover and head to Heefrow.  Bit of a worry.  There was almost a riot at Trivia, some pax resenting others 'sitting in their seat.'  The CD had to intervene and threatened to cancel all trivia unless behaviour improved.  Now there would be a riot then.  So now we have 'Trivia Rage' in addition to Laundry Rage, Sun Lounger rage, etc, etc.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Gwendy said:

In 2009 when I did the golf world cruise, Sydney to Southampton, I was among the younger set!  I was 58.  We also lost quite a few of the older cruisers.  So sad to see ambulances lined up as we docked in various ports.

i will not be spending my time seeking out details on this cruise, if someone lets me know I will pass it on, but my goal is to enjoy every port and every sea day.  I cannot indulge the whiners, suck it up and move on.

Same in 2012 when we did Arcadia - Sydney to Southampton, lot of crook pax, including me, but I avoided the ambulances.  On that they were not super old, most were in the 65 - 75 bracket, I suppose that is 'old to some.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Confirms what my friends on board are saying, lot of sickness and unhappy pax.  I reckon a few more will jump ship at Dover and head to Heefrow.  Bit of a worry.  There was almost a riot at Trivia, some pax resenting others 'sitting in their seat.'  The CD had to intervene and threatened to cancel all trivia unless behaviour improved.  Now there would be a riot then.  So now we have 'Trivia Rage' in addition to Laundry Rage, Sun Lounger rage, etc, etc.

Taking a bit of a shine off my expectations. Never mind I’m happy with my own company so might need to do this.

9 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Not sure, I haven't done a world cruise but have done some segments and the average age seems to be closer to 75 or more. Of course there are many fit and energetic people of this age but there are also a lot of walking sticks, walkers and gophers.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I have seen trivia rage but mainly directed at the host who may have a different answer to what the passengers have.

11 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Taking a bit of a shine off my expectations. Never mind I’m happy with my own company so might need to do this.

I am sure you will be fine and still have an enjoyable time. Avoid the whingers and it will be grand.

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

That is really childish behaviour by the Trivia crowd. Its not YOUR seat. I avoid Trivia on cruise ships now as it brings out the worst in people. CD should have cancelled the trivia for a month to give them really something to whine about. 

4 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

That is really childish behaviour by the Trivia crowd. Its not YOUR seat. I avoid Trivia on cruise ships now as it brings out the worst in people. CD should have cancelled the trivia for a month to give them really something to whine about. 

Last year on CMV the trivia host threatened to call security when an elderly “gentleman” refused to accept the answer that was given. He became very agitated, shouting, and at one stage wanted to shape up to the trivia host. . Seriously this is supposed to be entertainment, well it was only not in the way it was intended,

Edited by Gwendy

7 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Last year on CMV the trivia host threatened to call security when an elderly “gentleman” refused to accept the answer that was given. He became very agitated, shouting, and at one stage wanted to shape up to the trivia host. . Seriously this is supposed to be entertainment, well it was only not in the way it was intended,

He should have been put off at the next port. 

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have seen trivia rage but mainly directed at the host who may have a different answer to what the passengers have.

It is frustrating when the host has an incorrect answer, but you just have to accept it during the quiz even when it means you miss winning. I go to the host afterwards and politely mention the error. I do mean error. A couple I can recall - that Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio is on Sugarloaf (its on Corcovada); that the Golden Pavilion in Japan is in Osaka (its Kyoto); that Pluto has been 're-instated' as the smallest planet.