Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

14 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Just saw mention that the current Captain, Captain Lye, on Sea Princess is leaving when they reach Sydney and from all reports he has been a brilliant leader of this little ship.

How or when do they find out who will be the new Captain? Who will know?

Again, just curious as I personally think that a good Captain can make all the difference to just how great an individual ship can be.

I don’t know , but the new Captain is more than likely on board now , getting to know the ropes and the staff .

17 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Just saw mention that the current Captain, Captain Lye, on Sea Princess is leaving when they reach Sydney and from all reports he has been a brilliant leader of this little ship.

How or when do they find out who will be the new Captain? Who will know?

Again, just curious as I personally think that a good Captain can make all the difference to just how great an individual ship can be.

We probably won't find out until we board on the 29th for the Hawaii cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:36 AM, Gwendy said:

https://gwenkelly51.weebly.com/

seems to be working again if anyone is interested.

No posts by Gwen for 3 weeks, hope she is OK.  Gwen, where art thou m'lady. !!  Then again she may have 'burnt' her complimentary Captains Circle internet minutes.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

No posts by Gwen for 3 weeks, hope she is OK.  Gwen, where art thou m'lady. !!  Then again she may have 'burnt' her complimentary Captains Circle internet minutes.

Hope it is the later about the wifi minutes and not the former about being ill..

According to latest bridgecam, now at sea.  We will have to wait for reports re Easter Island, I am not so sure they got ashore.  If so, those pax who booked private shorex could lose 50% of their ticket price, that is how the tour operators work there.

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

According to latest bridgecam, now at sea.  We will have to wait for reports re Easter Island, I am not so sure they got ashore.  If so, those pax who booked private shorex could lose 50% of their ticket price, that is how the tour operators work there.

It is quite a risk booking a shore tour where you would lose 50%. With the limited tourist infrastructure on Easter Island, tours are not cheap. It is not unusual for ships not to be able to tender passengers ashore at Easter Island. The captain has to be sure he can not only tender pax to the island, but get them back later in the day. They cannot easily fly to the next port.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It is quite a risk booking a shore tour where you would lose 50%. With the limited tourist infrastructure on Easter Island, tours are not cheap. It is not unusual for ships not to be able to tender passengers ashore at Easter Island. The captain has to be sure he can not only tender pax to the island, but get them back later in the day. They cannot easily fly to the next port.

Exactly.   At the moment it looks bumpy, a fair swell.

sea_bridge.jpg

I found another blog re Sea Princess 'Worldie.'   blog.bretthandy.com

So, despite 2 anchorages, Sea Princess did not take any pax ashore due to unsuitable conditions for tendering.  Unhappy campers on board, or is it unhappy cruisers?   12 sea days Lima to Tahiti.    Lot of sickness aboard.

Edited by NSWP

It sounds like new flu viruses are being brought onboard at each of the various embarkation ports.

I'd better double check my medical kit to make sure I have enough stuff to survive the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I found another blog re Sea Princess 'Worldie.'   blog.bretthandy.com

So, despite 2 anchorages, Sea Princess did not take any pax ashore due to unsuitable conditions for tendering.  Unhappy campers on board, or is it unhappy cruisers?   12 sea days Lima to Tahiti.    Lot of sickness aboard.

That does not sound good .

All 500 mins of complimentary internet gone but I gotta good deal on unlimited internet for remainder of cruise however internet is very patchy, no news channels available on tv due to where we are middle of nowhere.

Disappointing we couldn’t land at Easter Island wind was very strong with moderate swell and undercurrent.  I am sure the demographics swayed Captain’s decision not to tender.

If I get coughed on or sneezed over one more time you nay read of a murder at sea,  there are only a small number who are ill but they are of the caring, sharing kind.  One woman sat behind me on a bus on a shore excursion and coughed non stop.  She looked really ill, flushed.  Why not stay in cabin?

Lots if whinging, complaining about everything.  Lots of know it alls   The ship could have put tenders  out, etc etc 

ports visited so far, I have found them interesting and enjoyed all my visits, sorry I didn’t get to see any monkeys in Costa Rica but the aerial tram ride through the treetops was fantastic.  Callao, Lima a bit ho hum but that could gave been my choice of tour.  Still saw lots of great things.  Local sellers at markets on,pier were delightful and their goods were so cheap.

in the middle of 12 TWELVE sea days.  I may go insane, can’t work out whether activities remind me of a retirement village or nursing home.

i will retire to my cabin for a few hours each day to become as my daughter says fit for human company instead of a grumpy puss

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gwendy said:

in the middle of 12 TWELVE sea days.  I may go insane, can’t work out whether activities remind me of a retirement village or nursing home.

i will retire to my cabin for a few hours each day to become as my daughter says fit for human company instead of a grumpy puss

I hope they have good lecturers on board with 12 days at sea.

Edited by Aus Traveller

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Here’s the map from the call at Pitcairn . Looks like they circled the Island . Wonder if the locals got a chance to come on board .

EA9A3748-FBC4-4DC9-ABB0-3F24312CCF76.thumb.jpeg.ac1f226787be8287933aad8723ead4ac.jpeg

I don't think the Islanders come on board the circling cruise ships anymore, diseases and all that.