Upgraded to Yacht Club Cabin!

nikkiw60

1 minute ago, Até said:

It's funny how you see some table mates at dinner for every meal until the last evening.

In my naivety I used to think that it was down to people doing final packing and having an early night!  🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

I thought MSC discourage tipping that’s the reason for the mandatory service charge.  Maybe we are all naive in believing that the service charge is distributed amongst the staff.  

That's a reason why some people prefer to have the DSC removed and tip individuals (and also an excuse used by others who have no intention of following up).

And, yes, you're right about MSC discouraging it.  This is what it states on the website:

TIPS
MSC recommends not tipping individual staff members 

However, they don't outright prohibit it.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, Até said:

NCL raised the prices of suites into totally unrealistic pricing just to drive the bidding process.  They hide the fact but a small percentage of people actually now book NCL suites at these prices, the majority are going to bids.  It became very unappealing to meet many people on a sailing that paid half as much as I did.  Sometimes I don't want to have to book a balcony and hope to win a suite bid to a mystery cabin.  As long as MSC keeps the higher cabins at reasonable rates where the majority sell outright and a small few might not get sold, it's fine with me if those go out to upgrades, or bids.

‘I agree completely!  I want to book a Haven suite at a fair price.. Not book a balcony and have to bid for a Haven suite. Especially since you can’t select the cabin. 

We we will never sail NCL again for this very simple reason (where wanting to be in the Haven, which would normally be the case.).  And I love their product!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Nikki...so how are you going to handle this?  “Inquiring minds want to know”.😁

With dignity!

We will go to the Yacht Club check in as the ticket shows that is where our cabin is,  if they say we can’t check in there I will put on my sunglasses and a hat and with Our heads bent in shame make our way to the regular check in area...

If we do not get the benefits (and the rules say you don’t), then thankfully  our new cabin still has the regular clear balcony and is not one of the metal ones - this is where I would not be happy having chosen our original cabin!

I can spend my mornings out there with a coffee and iPad whinging on this forum about how evil MSC are... 

Roll on next Saturday...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, nikkiw60 said:

We have just received email from MSC saying with have now been allocated a yacht club cabin on Divina next week...

It still says Fantastica experience which we booked plus deluxe drink package which we also booked. It does say anytime dining now though! So we know that you only get the upgraded cabin when you upgrade so what can we now expect re dining? Will it be in one of the usual MDR’s still?

Are you starting the Cruise today from Genova

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

With dignity!

I can spend my mornings out there with a coffee and iPad whinging on this forum about how evil MSC are... 

Roll on next Saturday...

Excellent answer 😂

You could do what some do: -

1. Go to Guest Services 

2. Wait in line

3. Complain long and loudly 

4. Tell everyone in the queue your gripe 

5. Tell every staff member & fellow cruiser 

6. Go back to step 1 above more aggressively 

At disembarkation clear your life so you can tell everyone on CC until the end of time 

Have a great cruise 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

With dignity!

We will go to the Yacht Club check in as the ticket shows that is where our cabin is,  if they say we can’t check in there I will put on my sunglasses and a hat and with Our heads bent in shame make our way to the regular check in area...

If we do not get the benefits (and the rules say you don’t), then thankfully  our new cabin still has the regular clear balcony and is not one of the metal ones - this is where I would not be happy having chosen our original cabin!

Roll on next Saturday...

Bravo Nikki,

I really think you will be treated royally.  Take your time when go through the lounge and have an extra flute of bubbly while you get ready to go on board...enjoy and think positively.  Do let us know the outcome.  

• Like 1

So, if we do get the benefits of Yacht Club and bearing in mind we have purchased the old deluxe drink package, what drinks in Yacht Club are included? And what about in the rest of the bars on the ship? 

1 minute ago, nikkiw60 said:

So, if we do get the benefits of Yacht Club and bearing in mind we have purchased the old deluxe drink package, what drinks in Yacht Club are included? And what about in the rest of the bars on the ship? 

You will have the equivalent...now called Premium.  This will allow you to have just about everything and your YC card is good in all the bars except the specialty restaurants.  

6 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Everything is included, within YC, apart from those listed in the Connoisseurs' collection and the same outwith YC.

Enjoy much!

I thought the premium was similar to the old classic? Are we able to get champagne by the glass which is included in the package we paid for? 

Yes, there will be one champagne available by the glass. It was not listed on our YC Preziosa cruise but we knew our entitlement and asked in all bars....nicolas feuillatte was the brand!

Just now, hamrag said:

Yes, there will be one champagne available by the glass. It was not listed on our YC Preziosa cruise but we knew our entitlement and asked in all bars....nicolas feuillatte was the brand!

Thank you! That is the one that’s included in the package we have booked. 

Your YC card (also your Deluxe package) will cover you for drinks in the Speciality Restaurants, too, Nikki.  The only package not honoured in SRs is the 'Easy' package.

Anything with a price next to it on the YC menus is not included and, as Hamrag has said, everything except items on the Connoisseurs' Selection page on the menus elsewhere is included.

If you do get to enjoy the YC benefits, you may have to accept that the items that should be included in your Deluxe package (such as the sundaes on the Piazetta and pool bar menus) may be forfeited.  I'm not sure that the Deluxe code will be inserted on your card.

However, IF you don't get access to the YC perks, then you should ensure that the Deluxe code 421 is included on your card.

18 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Your YC card (also your Deluxe package) will cover you for drinks in the Speciality Restaurants, too, Nikki.  The only package not honoured in SRs is the 'Easy' package.

Anything with a price next to it on the YC menus is not included and, as Hamrag has said, everything except items on the Connoisseurs' Selection page on the menus elsewhere is included.

If you do get to enjoy the YC benefits, you may have to accept that the items that should be included in your Deluxe package (such as the sundaes on the Piazetta and pool bar menus) may be forfeited.  I'm not sure that the Deluxe code will be inserted on your card.

However, IF you don't get access to the YC perks, then you should ensure that the Deluxe code 421 is included on your card.

Thanks will watch out for that, now to start getting things ready to pack as no time during the week!

I have also managed to pick up some of the Downy spray people have raved about...

44 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Oh ... I'll be really interested in how you get on with Downy!  I bought some in Miami in January but haven't used it yet.

I picked up a couple of small ones in Chicago last month so will let you know. If it’s worth it I will try and get more in October before Meraviglia.

I picked up a couple of small ones in Chicago last month so will let you know. If it’s worth it I will try and get more in October before Meraviglia.

It does work depending on the material - plenty available via ebay.co.uk

• Like 1