Want to Know Which Production Shows Are On Each X Ship?

vtcruising

OMG  wish you had not posted the link.  If it is accurate we will soon have an evening on the Summit when they perform Chandelier.  It seems like this show has been around for 20 years (exaggeration on purpose) and it ranks as one of the worst production shows we have ever witnessed :(.  Sounds like that will be an evening for the piano bar.

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

OMG  wish you had not posted the link.  If it is accurate we will soon have an evening on the Summit when they perform Chandelier.  It seems like this show has been around for 20 years (exaggeration on purpose) and it ranks as one of the worst production shows we have ever witnessed :(.  Sounds like that will be an evening for the piano bar.

Hank

Yes, I would definitely go to the piano bar! 🙂

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

OMG, also fell asleep twice on Summit  with this show, first one was on Celebrity second one on me for going.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

Likely not classified as a  "production show", but I wonder what happened to American Ballet Theater on the Summit.  I read it had started right after dry dock, but I  didn't see it on last week's dailies.

I was on the Silhouette in 2011 and on the Summit in 2012, 2013, and 2015, and I never saw Chandelier.  Maybe I should sit in the last row in case I want to make a speedy exit.

Yes, I would definitely go to the piano bar!

Does the Summit still have a piano bar?

7 minutes ago, Julie MacCoy said:

I was on the Silhouette in 2011 and on the Summit in 2012, 2013, and 2015, and I never saw Chandelier.  Maybe I should sit in the last row in case I want to make a speedy exit.

Does the Summit still have a piano bar?

Good question!  When Hank mentioned it, I assumed he had been following the renovation. I remember a piano in Rendezvous a couple of years ago, but not sure if it is still there. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Good question!  When Hank mentioned it, I assumed he had been following the renovation. I remember a piano in Rendezvous a couple of years ago, but not sure if it is still there. 🙂

To be honest, I have no clue if they have anything close to a piano bar.  We have not been following along on the renovations and actually had taken Celebrity off of our travel radar until we did this last minute Summit cruise.  We have had a lot of "issues" with X in the past 3-5 years and had been avoiding the cruise line until a 3 weeks ago when we booked this cruise.  Part of the fun, for us, will be not having any idea what to expect on this newly renovated vessel.  We are hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised when it comes to the quality of food and the entertainment.  For us, Celebrity has just been one long downhill trend for the past few years and we want to be "wowed" and put more X cruises on our future booking list.

Hank

• Like 1

We were on Solstice last April and saw Broken Strings, Rock City and Euphoria.... we will be on Solstice again in April 2020, so hopefully they will have some different shows on then.... otherwise we won't be too happy if they are the same

5 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Is there anywhere to find out which shows are done on which nights?

Probably the best way to get an idea is to see dailies from your ship/itinerary. Even with that, they may change it up some, depending upon the guest performers and their dates onboard (since they sometimes pick them up in one port and drop them off in another). I know on our last Edge cruise, there was a singer/violinist guest performer from Iceland who was just available for that one night so they may have moved the show from that night - one of the production shows was done once at 10:30 at night, instead of at 7 and 9.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, Muffinz said:

We were on Solstice last April and saw Broken Strings, Rock City and Euphoria.... we will be on Solstice again in April 2020, so hopefully they will have some different shows on then.... otherwise we won't be too happy if they are the same

I am on Solstice right now and they have the same shows you mentioned. There are also a couple comedians and Jason Bishop for illusions.

Hi all... We travel with Celebrity quite a bit and our one issue on the Spring break Reflection cruise this year was that all of the shows for the week were done at 7 PM for the later dinners. We also go to the Elite Cocktail Hour from  5-7 PM; we then go back to dress for dinner at 8:15 PM.  

When we are on vacation we do not like to rush to a show. We did not see one show that week.  We provided feedback to move those shows to after dinner (10:30 PM) -- we will hope for the best. 

Otherwise it was a wonderful cruise.

Edited by neilrr

39 minutes ago, julsngraham said:

Hiya

Could you tell me what the show times generally were?  7pm and.?

We would like an earlier dinner (as we have a child) then go along to a show?

Thanks so much

The shows in the main theatre are typically 7pm and 9pm (often only one on the first night). 

On 5/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, JFontaine said:

Likely not classified as a  "production show", but I wonder what happened to American Ballet Theater on the Summit.  I read it had started right after dry dock, but I  didn't see it on last week's dailies.

ABT performs only on a few sailings. They are listed on Celebrity’s website; click “view cruises” at the link below (I was happy to read that our upcoming cruise on the Summit is one of those cruises 🙂).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/entertainment/american-ballet-theatre

Edited by Turtles06

On 5/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, vtcruising said:

This brochure is good to see which production shows are playing on each Celebrity ship. A short description of the shows is also included. They are usually not my cup of tea, but a couple of them look interesting. 🙂

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Entertainment_Show_Matrix_May2_2019.pdf

We saw Broken strings and couldn't figure out the plot line

HA!

The Broadway montage was nice though their did Hairspray which is from the 80s.... could have found something else for the 60s imho

Haven't many of these been on the ships for more than a year?  I know Pearl was on the Silhouette in early spring 2018 

TY for the brochure post

Edited by Fogfog

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Haven't many of these been on the ships for more than a year?  I know Pearl was on the Silhouette in early spring 2018 

And still there in Nov 2018 for the Silhouette TA.  The best thing about "Pearl" was Cruise Director Sue Denning trying to explain the "plot" to everyone the night before.   🤣

• Haha 1