Silver Shadow Refurbishment

zigtraveller

8 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Just watching the Shadow sail into Port Everglades.  Looking good.

I believe that it is very superficial to obsess over the appearance of Shadow as she moves into her berth at Port Everglades.  😀🤓😃

Yes, she is looking lovely as always from the outside. But what counts is what’s within.  And that remains a mystery that I am certain many of us are eager to see addressed.  Yes, it is always nice to see this lovely Silversea lady from the outside. But the substantial changes, I understand, are internal.  I can’t wait…

• Like 1

Thank you spinnaker for the lovely photos. The shot with the sunlight is certainly a good omen.   There is just something about seeing that it's really "there" that makes the excitement grow for the interior photos which will follow.  You were so kind to post them.  To all who are sailing soon, safe travels & keep those updates coming, interior & exterior.  I just know that the crew will be so proud of their new ship! 

Delayed flight to FLL but we are here now, think I saw the ship as we flew in.  Loved your photos Spins, was just sharing them with DW as we try to figure out how to order some decent food at almost 10 pm.  Very excited to see the inside tomorrow!

15 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Well gosh darn it. 

I guess I am superficial and to boot obsessive.

Silly me and about a ship,  no less.

I am not having a good day on these boards.

I already ate worms.

Enough already, I call uncle.

🙂

LOL...... So you're a stalker too! 😉

(Not just me then!) I do so enjoy checking up where the Wind is and watching / visiting for lunch when I can. I't might be considered odd.... but we don't care! 😂

Those photo's look good. I had thought about bypassing Shadow and Spirit in favour of Muse, Moon, Dawn and Spirit.... but maybe not!

Unable to post photos but be assured the new Shadow is magnificent

All the upgrades are all in the finest taste and a pleasure to see. SS has got it all right with this drydock

There was a problem with lunch as the local health officers ( 2 only) insisted on checking everything out in the galley, causing massive hold ups. The US Cost Guards were also having to check everything out which also caused a lot of problems

• Like 1

Agree with beaujolais, this ship looks great, and our cabin does as well.  The only unfinished bit I've noticed is the detergent dispenser was not hooked up in the laundry. There were 3 sets of washer dryers! Safety drill soon.  I count 2 available 110 outlets with clock plugged in a 3rd, 1 220 v, and 5 powered USB ports for charging

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

The only unfinished bit I've noticed is the detergent dispenser was not hooked up in the laundry. 

This is outrageous. How can Silversea presume to board passengers on a. ship in this condition? What compensation is being offered? 🤓

• Haha 2