Silver Shadow Refurbishment

zigtraveller

22 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It's always been pretty easy to avoid the boutiques.  Not now.  😉

to illustrate Stumbles ' point perhaps, after each enjoying drinks DW & I found ourselves unintentionally among the boutiques. I found a nightgown that I really thought she should have, fortunately (I think), she declined.  Admittedly  I had no idea of the price 😊

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbBar 5 with all new furniture, bar fittings, bar stools and a new mirror picture of  "Our Leader !"

IMG_20191205_155955.jpg

IMG_20191205_160031.jpg

IMG_20191205_155935_burst_01.jpg

IMG_20191205_160213.jpg

IMG_20191205_160157.jpg

And isn't it nice to have manfredi looking after you...he is on all of the ships...

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much Beaujolais and Others for providing us with a clear sense of how the Shadow now looks following the Refurbishment - in my opinion it looks great and now largely conforms to the Musified Palette . Certainly the Ship seems to have been modernised well and the results should give her a new Spring in her Step.

I am somewhat surprised that she is not being used for the forthcoming World Cruise as The Whisper in comparison is now showing her age in the Style Stakes. The Picture that was posted elsewhere showing the Codged Up Pool Steps merely indicates that she is outdated and needs attention. I know The Ship has a substantial following and has received some Museification but The Shadow must now be regarded as a more attractive option.

• Like 1

We are thinking of returning to Silverseas after a break of a couple of years (apart from a short trip on Wind we we enjoyed). I note Sliver Shadow has been refurbished. Can anyone explain what the dinning option are now and which have to be reserved? Grateful thanks for any help and apologies if people have already covered this

Thanks for onboard guests posting photos to allow us to see the changes. 
Have the meals been ‘musified’ in terms of plating and content?

Also can I ask who the Cruise Consultant and Executive Chef are onboard. 
Thanks

Thank you all for these terrific Shadow pix! They make me eager to sail her again.

I had mistakenly thought they would be adding an Arts Cafe, but it looks like the Coffee Connection is different. In addition to coffee and bar drinks, does it also provide little nibblies throughout the day?

50 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

It serves coffee, tea, sandwiches and snacks from 6.30 am to 11.00pm , alcohol from 10.00am

Excellent! Thank you for the clarifications! Sounds like a terrific addition to a beautiful ship.

5 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

I am somewhat surprised that she is not being used for the forthcoming World Cruise as The Whisper in comparison is now showing her age in the Style Stakes. The Picture that was posted elsewhere showing the Codged Up Pool Steps merely indicates that she is outdated and needs attention. I know The Ship has a substantial following and has received some Museification but The Shadow must now be regarded as a more attractive option.

I think Whisper is very up to date.  Carpets, soft goods, drapes, lots of furniture were updated a couple of years ago.  What's more, Whisper has Zodiacs and the necessary infrastructure for them.  Shadow does not.  Though I as a lap swimmer regret the Whisper pool stairs, I am certain that many guests will greatly appreciate them.  Of course, Shadow has the much renovated Deck 5 midship space.  It looks nice, but time will tell how well it works out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Agree !!

I too agree that it would be nice if Silversea limited smoking on external decks.  It only takes one person with a cigar or several people smoking cigarettes outside of Panorama to make that entire aft deck unusable for me.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Observer said:

I too agree that it would be nice if Silversea limited smoking on external decks.  It only takes one person with a cigar or several people smoking cigarettes outside of Panorama to make that entire aft deck unusable for me.  

+1

There are not many things that have annoyed me when I’ve been onboard, but smoking in places you shouldn’t is certainly high in my short list.

Treats currently in the cabinet at The Arts Cafe

IMG_20191206_115726.thumb.jpg.c55c1af41e510a8cea962c498a6814a6.jpg

The temporary signage does not include "Arts Cafe" which has confused me a bit (surely it hasn't been due to rediscovering rum drinks here in the tropics)

IMG_20191206_120013.thumb.jpg.ab9dfd8abbabcbb668e35325bb4ee2a6.jpg

So I asked the crewmembers the name of this place & was told Arts Cafe.  I also asked if they would have the cake we had enjoyed there yesterday, response was they would have them there shortly. 

trying to hold to one dessert a day...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Treats currently in the cabinet at The Arts Cafe

IMG_20191206_115726.thumb.jpg.c55c1af41e510a8cea962c498a6814a6.jpg

The temporary signage does not include "Arts Cafe" which has confused me a bit (surely it hasn't been due to rediscovering rum drinks here in the tropics)

IMG_20191206_120013.thumb.jpg.ab9dfd8abbabcbb668e35325bb4ee2a6.jpg

So I asked the crewmembers the name of this place & was told Arts Cafe.  I also asked if they would have the cake we had enjoyed there yesterday, response was they would have them there shortly. 

trying to hold to one dessert a day...

Are there still chocolate truffles every night about 830? Along with some other confections worthy of taking back to your suite in a to go cup just in case one needs chocolate during the night?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

For @DCCruiser57 fitness center pic carefully shot around 2 people there

IMG_20191206_140140.thumb.jpg.66934dfb4c346f1dfcc03d9017287359.jpg

and the Library or observation room

IMG_20191206_135844.thumb.jpg.4144f8fcc4fcad5a9226517aa8c1b803.jpg

Will be researching truffles availability, bedtime snacks & get the answer for you Spins hopefully before you leave for your turn aboard this fine ship.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

@swindy

IMO dinners have been elegantly presented and of first quality, just as we found them to be on Muse.  The executive chef is De La Marcelino (I did not get a first name); the cruise consultant Natasjha was busy with customers when I went to ask her last name moments ago. Couldn't help but overhear they were closing the deal.  I think cruisers satisfaction quite high on the ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

The executive chef is De La Marcelino (I did not get a first name).

I'm pretty sure you have the first name, Marcelino, and are missing the last name.  From what I understand, his full name is Marcelino De la Cruz. 

I believe he comes from the Expedition fleet where he has spent time aboard both the Discoverer and Explorer.  Maybe some of the long time expedition passengers here like Dr. Ron, Rojann, RachelG, or JPAlbany, can confirm.

• Like 1