Is Odyssey getting some work done?

Qld13

Hi

I have been tracking Odyssey and noticed she has been in Genova since 12 May. Is she in for some work? If so does anyone know what is being done?

All: I just saw pictures (posted on FB) where the Odyssey appears to be in dry dock. Now, it could be that the pictures are Photoshopped, but if not, then it counters the charter assumption. Does anyone really know? Jdk

4 minutes ago, jdk-atlga said:

All: I just saw pictures (posted on FB) where the Odyssey appears to be in dry dock. Now, it could be that the pictures are Photoshopped, but if not, then it counters the charter assumption. Does anyone really know? Jdk

It's chartered for the Monaco GP every year. Would be unusual if it isn't this year...

I have seen what occurs when it is taken over for the GP, several days of setup and takedown, they take over the entire ship and setup a lot on the pool deck and other places.  And yes Mr. Ferrari  charters it every year since the demise of the little sisters, which he used to charter one of - not sure which think It might have been the Legend, but  I COULD BE WRONG on that.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been onboard after the dry dock to confirm if anything was done onboard the ship as I would have thought any trip to dry dock they would try and do as much as possible and over a week they could do a surprising amount of work?

Dear all, Odyssey has indeed had some work done to the public areas in dry dock. We just got off the ship in Civi aka Rome. First of all, the ship looks completely new again from the outside - as white as on the first day. Inside the staterooms, new white marble furnishings were installed on the shelf facing the bed, inside the showers as well as the addition of automatic night lights under the nightstands, which were new as well. Also inside the hallways a lot of wooden walls were renovated, etc etc... so indeed they are trying to keep her in shape... what a lovely ship she is...

• Like 1

Hi

We are on Odyssey in 3 weeks, great to know she has been spruced up for us!! As a matter of interest Encore has been in Palermo for 10 days and on vesselfinder was actually shown as being on land, she has just got back into the water now and back into it. we are also on her at the end of July so maybe she had a spruce up as well. Interested to know what she had done if anyone knows

We were on the Encore last month. Hubby had a nosebleed in the suite which unfortunately stained the carpet. Our stewardess told us not to worry as part of the refresh was to be new carpets in the suites. I don't know what else is being done.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, Qld13 said:

Hi

We are on Odyssey in 3 weeks, great to know she has been spruced up for us!! As a matter of interest Encore has been in Palermo for 10 days and on vesselfinder was actually shown as being on land, she has just got back into the water now and back into it. we are also on her at the end of July so maybe she had a spruce up as well. Interested to know what she had done if anyone knows

There was a dent at the stern which was being sorted