Pinnacle Grill for lunch?

kaymoz

14 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

For those of you that say you prefer PG for lunch than dinner, can I ask why? TIA

For me:  I can eat a bigger meal at lunch than at dinner.  The price of lunch is less.  I love the windows with the view during the daytime.  I love having a leisurely lunch with excellent table service and a glass of wine.

• Like 4

Just adding my vote to the positives for lunch in the PG.  I'll have lunch there nearly every sea day.  Love the calm ambiance and the good menu --- and (everyone knows I'll ALWAYS say this) the strawberry pavlova for dessert.

Thank you all for the great recommendations about lunching at the PG -- of course I had to look at that menu and promptly started salivating.  Sounds like as soon as we are on board and settled we should find the right people and line up a few lunch reservations.  

But I have one question -- what is the new cruise planner some have mentioned?  I looked on my HAL account and did not see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qoap24 said:

For those of you that say you prefer PG for lunch than dinner, can I ask why? TIA

These are our lunch photos at the Pinnacle Grill for lunch Dec 2018. As you can see, it is quite worth it for $10.00. Hope you get to try it out. We usually eat there a few times each cruise!

DSCF2119.JPG

DSCF2121.JPG

DSCF2122.JPG

DSCF2124.JPG

DSCF2125.JPG

DSCF2128.JPG

DSCF2129.JPG

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Just adding my vote to the positives for lunch in the PG.  I'll have lunch there nearly every sea day.  Love the calm ambiance and the good menu --- and (everyone knows I'll ALWAYS say this) the strawberry pavlova for dessert.

OMG!!  I think DW suffers through lunch (she is not a big lunch eater) just so she can get to that strawberry pavlova :).  By the way, at the risk of insulting the gourmets I love the burger they serve in the Pinnacle.  At one time it was absolutely fantastic because it was made of Wagyu Beef.  But alas, that Wagyu was the victim of another HAL cut-back...but even the current burger is one of the best at sea.

Hank

• Like 1

We also prefer the Pinnacle for lunch rather than dinner. It's enough food and a true treat. My favorite is the bleu cheese crusted steak - yum!! DH loves the burger. We cruise Alaska yearly and I love the lunch on the Victoria Day. I have time to walk it off that evening! 

Karen

7 hours ago, cruises42 said:

What is the cruise planner?

Well I'm not sure if I gave it the correct name.  For the first time we rec'd a 'calendar' page charting main events on any day for the week.  For the 30 days this was four pages.  I found it so easy to identify sea days and then book Pinnacle lunches and a dinner or two.

From teaching days, I'd call it a day planner.

Miss G has the correct name for the booklet showing future cruisers.

Sorry for the confusion I created.

Ruth

Oh, sorry, BTPT!  You’re referring to the sheets that are in your room!  Yes, you’re right.  I would call it a planner too.  I think I saw where someone posted one in a LIVE thread.  I’ll see if I can find that post for reference. 

It’s a Voyage Planner!

Sheesh.  That took forever to find.  🧐

On 4/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, kazu said:

Here is the Voyage Planner for this segment

I like this for “planning” purposes 😉 

232DA0CD-416C-43B7-8E22-02474BDB9B16.thumb.jpeg.3262c45860fa0f2b75a7f218091e24dd.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

It’s a Voyage Planner!

Sorry about the long, LIVE thread Miss G 😉 

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sorry about the long, LIVE thread Miss G 😉 

😂 No. It wasn’t your thread, Jacqui!  It was the fact that I couldn’t remember where I saw it. Thank goodness you posted it because it would have made me crazy knowing what BTPT was referring to and not being able to have an example!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

OMG!!  I think DW suffers through lunch (she is not a big lunch eater) just so she can get to that strawberry pavlova :).  By the way, at the risk of insulting the gourmets I love the burger they serve in the Pinnacle.  At one time it was absolutely fantastic because it was made of Wagyu Beef.  But alas, that Wagyu was the victim of another HAL cut-back...but even the current burger is one of the best at sea.

Hank

Well, here's a trick for your DW.  I've posted this before but you may not have seen it.  When I'm having dinner in the PG I politely ask if the chef would consider constructing a strawberry pavlova for me.  About 50% of the time this is all I need to do.  But if they demur, then I pout and tear up and whimper "Well, they always do it for me on Amsterdam and Maasdam (or any couple of ships except the one I'm currently on)".  This has worked every time!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, qoap24 said:

Lunch is 3 courses -- dinner in the PG is a heavy meal for us so late in the day.  We really like the appetizers at lunch, and they will allow you to have 2 (ie crab cakes and some kind of delicious shrimp).  They offered lobster twice last year on our 14 day Alaska.  I think the upcharge was an additional $20.

16 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

Well I'm not sure if I gave it the correct name.  For the first time we rec'd a 'calendar' page charting main events on any day for the week.  For the 30 days this was four pages.  I found it so easy to identify sea days and then book Pinnacle lunches and a dinner or two.

From teaching days, I'd call it a day planner.

Miss G has the correct name for the booklet showing future cruisers.

Sorry for the confusion I created.

Ruth

13 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It’s a Voyage Planner!

Is the voyage planner in your cabin?

7 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

We'll be on the Amsterdam 14 day Alaska in August and would like to try the Pinnacle Grill for lunch. This will be our first time on HAL. What would you recommend for lunch (I don't eat fish/seafood)?

The filet. Always excellent. Try Roger Jett photography. Lots of info there and menus. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ

7 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Is the voyage planner in your cabin?

YES - it arrived the second day as I recall; though given my 'recall' of the correct name, take that answer loosely.

Whatever it's called, we relied on it for quick checks daily.  And wrote any reservations on it.

Ruth

13 hours ago, cruises42 said:

We'll be on the Amsterdam 14 day Alaska in August and would like to try the Pinnacle Grill for lunch. This will be our first time on HAL. What would you recommend for lunch (I don't eat fish/seafood)?

Along with the filet, the hamburger is really quite good.  It’s huge but good 😉  There are appetizers that are not fish related and they are delish too. 

5 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

YES - it arrived the second day as I recall; though given my 'recall' of the correct name, take that answer loosely.

We received ours on the 2nd day too, so your ‘recall’ is just fine 😉 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, travel302 said:

Do you know the charge for lunch if you are in a Neptune Suite?

Breakfast is complimentary in the Pinnacle on most ships for Neptune Suite pax, but lunch and dinner are same for everyone. 

15 hours ago, cruises42 said:

See you in the Pinnacle! I'll be on that cruise as well, and looking forward to steak for lunch!