Celebrity Equinox

attitudeda

22 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Have you checked out the S class cabin sticky at the top of the page?  That's what it is there for.  EM

It doesn’t include much detail. It’s mostly just a listing and A few very brief comments. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the S Class Cabin Sticky.  Go to the first page where you will find the link to the spread sheet that has been in use for years. If you don't know how to filter it you will find the instructions in the spread sheet.  I found at least 11 reviews of Aft C1 cabins on Equinox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in a C1 aft cabin before .... nothing beats the view from the aft of the ship.  Plus, it is very nice and quiet back there as the only passengers in that hallway are usually your immediate neighbors.  Now, take note the passengers on the decks above you will be able to look down upon your balcony (we were on deck nine).  For the most part, this shouldn't be an issue as people usually respect that space is yours.  We were on our balcony once, though, where this clown, that we didn't even know, stated he wished he had a bucket of water to dump on us .... there is one in every crowd, isn't there?  

BTW, no vibrations, noise or soot on our balcony.  We were in one of the middle ones, right there overlooking the wake.  I can think of no negatives whatsoever unless you consider those that can look down on your balcony a negative.  It should be just a minor inconvenience, if at all.    

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were in a C1 aft cabin before .... nothing beats the view from the aft of the ship.  Plus, it is very nice and quiet back there as the only passengers in that hallway are usually your immediate neighbors.  Now, take note the passengers on the decks above you will be able to look down upon your balcony (we were on deck nine).  For the most part, this shouldn't be an issue as people usually respect that space is yours.  We were on our balcony once, though, where this clown, that we didn't even know, stated he wished he had a bucket of water to dump on us .... there is one in every crowd, isn't there?  

BTW, no vibrations, noise or soot on our balcony.  We were in one of the middle ones, right there overlooking the wake.  I can think of no negatives whatsoever unless you consider those that can look down on your balcony a negative.  It should be just a minor inconvenience, if at all.    

Do you recall if there were lounge chairs as well as two chairs and a table. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Are the balconies not covered very much?  That is what it appeared from the photos I’ve seen.

We love the aft on ships, like Princess, but on X there didn’t appear to be much cover.  

Not much cover on "S" class ships and the balcony is normal size so not enough room for lounger.  Before the Revolution there were comfortable chairs and foot rests in Cx cabins.  They seem to think foot rests are a thing of the past when they replace the balcony furniture in these "upgrades".

12 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Are the balconies not covered very much?  That is what it appeared from the photos I’ve seen.

We love the aft on ships, like Princess, but on X there didn’t appear to be much cover.  

The aft cabins are tied down so there is some covering to offer shelter towards your cabin but as you reach the railing, those above you are able to look down onto the area of your balcony by the railing.  I hope the photo below depicts how much covering you can expect.  

Image result for photos of celebrity solstice

On 5/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the S Class Cabin Sticky.  Go to the first page where you will find the link to the spread sheet that has been in use for years. If you don't know how to filter it you will find the instructions in the spread sheet.  I found at least 11 reviews of Aft C1 cabins on Equinox. 

Agree, I don't know what that poster is talking about Library Lady (Sandy) kept that thread and its the same thread.    

Edited by dkjretired

1 hour ago, attitudeda said:

Thanks everyone for all your input. So if I have this right the C1 Aft balconies are the same size as a C2 Balcony. The only difference is the location. 

The center ones are wider.

In contrast to some other's post, we did encounter soot there.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I know how to download and search a spreadsheet, but only found one review for our 1403 on deck 10 and it was quite terse. It’s a Sky Suite and I picked it mostly for the location, but what I want to know is how much bother the pole by the bed is and I keep hearing things about window cleaning equipment on the balcony.  The one reviewer said it didn’t bother him/her, but I would love a picture so I could see what it looks like. 

We really like corner afts and I picked the one on deck 10 because it looked bigger than some of the others, and it has cabins above and below. 

You can’t ask questions in the sticky and I always have questions. In the past I have been able to find videos, but there don’t seem to be any for this room. 

The layout for the other S class ships, with the possible exception of Reflection, is the same  so don't limit your search to one ship.  Also, port and starboard will be similar.

I've seen videos on You Tube and there are a lot of cabin photos on Cruise Critics under the Celebrity review section. Select the ship then photos.  They are broken down by type.  There will probably be a lot of photos of Equinox when she sails after dry dock so keep checking. Hope this helps. 

34 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The layout for the other S class ships, with the possible exception of Reflection, is the same  so don't limit your search to one ship.  Also, port and starboard will be similar.

I've seen videos on You Tube and there are a lot of cabin photos on Cruise Critics under the Celebrity review section. Select the ship then photos.  They are broken down by type.  There will probably be a lot of photos of Equinox when she sails after dry dock so keep checking. Hope this helps. 

Thanks. From what I have seen the placement of this pole varies. In the middle of the room is not bad, but right next to the bed is going to be awkward. I’m thinking of trying to do some sort of glow in the dark arrangement. One would think if they put a pole next to a bed, Celebrity would have thought of that. 

I have looked at other cabins in similar locations both on Equinox and other S class ships and I’m not finding much information about this mysterious window cleaning equipment. I read one review that simply stated that it didn’t bother them and 1 who said it was a bother. So now I’m perplexed. 

We are nearly a year away, so I could upgrade or try to change rooms, but I love the location. I don’t want to listen to DH complaining about it the whole time 😆. I need to prepare him! 

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone posts post revolution pics of this cabin!

I did my first aft balcony (1200) on Equinox in March.  Honestly, I missed the view from a side balcony and decided I'd rather get my aft view from a public area.  Just my opinion.

FYI 1200 is a great cabin for quiet.  There is a door in the hallway to let you into a little lobby for 1200 and the last suite on the side.  Absolutely NO hallway traffic noise.

• Thanks 1