Concierge or Aqua

ptreese21

Currently booked in a concierge class cabin on Equinox for 7/13 sailing.  Got room 2106, which has a massive balcony on the hump angle, and is just down from the pools.  Really love room location, and balcony size, but I got an invite for a move-up bid today.  Can't afford any of the suites, but the aqua one was $50pp.  Is it worth it to get dining at Blu?  Don't really care about the spa stuff, and I would have to go down to deck 11.  Is blu that special to give up the massive balcony???

$50 per person per day?  For the cruise?

Per day, no way.  For the cruise, well worth it for Blu if dining is more important to you than the balcony.

We've had Family Balconies on M class ships (largest non-suite balconies in the fleet by a huge margin) but probably give it up for Blu, especially mid summer in the Caribbean.

You're going to get a lot of different answers here.  For me, I would choose to keep my well located balcony on the hump.  We were underwhelmed by Blu and would prefer to save our $ and go to the MDR and maybe a couple of specialty restaurants instead.  But that's just us, others seem to love Blu.  Keep in mind that AQ also gives you access to the thermal suite in the spa.  If that's important to you it may be worth it.  Different strokes for different folks...

• Like 2

Avoid move up bid for Aqua. You may end up in a room with noise from above. If you pay for an upgrade that you can pick the room, then it is a good deal for $100. Otherwise, I would keep the room with large balcony and enjoy the embarkation lunch with CC.

• Like 1

We've done Aqua twice.  For us Blu was worth it.  Didn't have any problems with either A1 or A2 cabin.

Next cruise we are doing concierge with a hump cabin but only because the price was reasonable (and because we are travelling with a little one). You'll have a great cruise either way; enjoy.

We would go with Aqua for $50 per person.  However, as others have noted, you could end up in a bad location.  Many Aqua cabins on Equinox are under busy public areas, such as the pool deck and the buffet area.

Edited by cruiserchuck

For us AQ at $50pp would be a no brained. We much prefer Blu to the MDR and would bid more than the  minimum.  Are there a lot AQ cabins available?  If so $50 may win an upgrade but if they are sold out or almost sold out a $50 bid probably won’t get it.  

We would definitely chose Aqua for a reason amount.  We usually eat in Luminae as we usually book suites.  On the Edge, on our last cruise, we actually ate in Blu with friends in Aqua and enjoyed it more than Luminae.  It is a quieter atmosphere and the service was excellent

I have the same cabin but on deck 10 (#1132).

There was a price drop and was offered to move to A1 for free. Declined, since the remaining cabins were under the public areas and far from the hump. I like the central location and the huge balcony, don''t care for the spa and Blu 😁

17 hours ago, ptreese21 said:

Currently booked in a concierge class cabin on Equinox for 7/13 sailing.  Got room 2106, which has a massive balcony on the hump angle, and is just down from the pools.  Really love room location, and balcony size, but I got an invite for a move-up bid today.  Can't afford any of the suites, but the aqua one was $50pp.  Is it worth it to get dining at Blu?  Don't really care about the spa stuff, and I would have to go down to deck 11.  Is blu that special to give up the massive balcony???

Same dilemma for us on the 29th June sailing. According to the deck plans not only is the balcony larger but so is the cabin size. As $50pp is unlikely to get the upgrade we have opted to keep the original cabin of 2106.

10 hours ago, clianmel said:

Same dilemma for us on the 29th June sailing. According to the deck plans not only is the balcony larger but so is the cabin size. As $50pp is unlikely to get the upgrade we have opted to keep the original cabin of 2106.

We are gonna stay where we are. Let me know how the room is. With pics if possible 😃😃

Good  choice..

We are long time AQ Class fans but recently  BLU is not always better  and  lately  Concierge guests are getting good perks..like the boarding lunch  a true concierge,   invites to events etc...

Persian Garden is nice but not worth a big upcharge..

Have never sailed in the Aqua or concierge cabins,but have eaten in Blu.  The cabins are the same size withe same size balconies.  We stopped eating in the MDR some time ago and always enjoyed a meal in Blu.  But food is subjective no matter where you eat.

We always book the RS and eat in Luminae and specialty restaurants, and occasionally in Blu.

I would take the upgrade to Aqua in a heartbeat just to eat in Blu.  But who am I as a stranger to advise you what you may like.😃

Having sailed in both multiple times, my DH and I aren't impressed with Blu.  We would book the CC cabin and enjoy most dinners in Speciality restaurants.  The perks with Aq don't work for us- we do not enjoy the persian garden- trinkets you get in the room- in fact we really disliked the smelly items and horrible tea we got in the cabin.  In addition, often the CC cabins have much better locations. The AQ cabins are typically under the gym and pool.

• Like 1

I approach the AQ cabins a bit differently.  We've only done AQ once (we are Elite Plus) and we did not care for Blu.  In retrospect we should have tried harder to find things to eat by ordering more courses.  The service was very good.  But the main reasons we've booked AQ again is I love the A1 cabins that have the large overhang.  I'm fair and I'd had Mohs surgery and I avoid the sun.  But I love spending hours on my balcony and the A1 cabin under the Solarium (not as far forward as the Spa Cafe) mean I can use my balcony 2/47.  It is always shaded and yet there is a breeze.

The second reason we like AQ is those cabins are only double occupancy.  Having been unfortunate to have screaming toddlers next to us on our past two cruises this is another unexpected benefit of AQ!

• Like 1

Actually we had a good location directly under the hair salon on a slant- I think 1152.  It was very quiet- but slightly obstructed as a cleaning cage was parked next door sometimes.

However, it was shady and quiet.  So IMO a great choice if you want shade and quiet.  I agree, no kids next door- unless a couple take two AQ cabins and put two kids in the second cabin.  However the odds are slim.  The over the head pool noise would really bother me.  So choose wisely!

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic