Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

13 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Now that I got my OR app finally working about a week ago, and got all the data entered, and took screen shots of our passes, and printed off the passes and luggage tags online......... I ain't touchin' Nuthin'!🙂

SMART 👍😁

Tony

On 9/16/2019 at 7:09 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Oh no say it ain’t so 😳 I went crazy to get it to work the first time.

Tony

Well, now I got it to work again but now it says it isn't complete because we have to enter a PIN code (which we did before).  So, I went to the section to enter the same PIN for both of us, did that, confirmed it and the next screen deals with the medallion and accessories which we can't access if we wanted to because we board in three days which means we try to close the app but it still show we need to put in a PIN code.

I am not going to mess with this at this time, we have other things to do in preparation for the flight to London.

32 minutes ago, Times Prince said:

Has anyone had issues with the format of the pictures ?  e.g. I uploaded an avatar photo from my phone and it squashed it making me look like an Oompa Loompa .   

Do you need to crop photos into a square format before uploading?

Yes, cropping your photo into a square shape first works out the squashing!

I posted this in the Medallion questions but then solved it and realized that I should have posted it here instead. I hope this helps someone....

I wasn't "OCEAN READY" because there was an exclamation point on the PIN code circle on the app on my LG G5 phone. I had set up the PIN code 20 times and it was always "completed" but then this would happen. Then I was able to fix this....I downloaded the app on our other phone Samsung Galaxy S5, signed in, and fixed it there. Then opened the app on my LG G5 phone and the PIN was showing as completed. So either that one function wasn't compatible on my LG  phone, or it fixed itself in the time between.

Nevertheless.... OCEAN READY NOW on both phones!!!

Well, mine is still messed up.  I was able to download the app on hubby's iPhone and it looks right, so I put our travel documents in there.  I got everything completed, except the stupid PIN.  I reset it 20 times and it kept saying it needed to be done.   Then I signed out on my phone and tried to sign back in and my app, which only showed my reservation before with only 3 circles available (not 6), now shows nothing.  I click on Get Ocean Ready and the whole screen turns blue, with no words on it.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:49 AM, wrongwaywatson said:

I click on Get Ocean Ready and the whole screen turns blue, with no words on it.

8 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

Was all set then checked to see if my new Sky December 1st was in my Ocean profile. Now it has renamed my Regal Thanksgiving to the Sky and The actual Sky cruises are not listed. 

Hmmmm.... Seems like there are a few problems?! We became "Ocean Ready" a couple of weeks ago and I'm not going back in to "check" on anything.... :classic_rolleyes: We don't have any other OM cruises booked.

Edited by OzPilot

It still doesn't work on my iPhone 10R, but it works on my husband's iPhone 8 and it also works on my work iphone 7.   I put in all of our info on my husband's phone and then signed in on my phone and it still showed only me and only 3 circles.   I have the latest version and my phone is all up to date.   I signed out, signed back in and the screen where I had 3 circles is now totally blank and it freezes up.

10 hours ago, OzPilot said:

Hmmmm.... Seems like there are a few problems?! We became "Ocean Ready" a couple of weeks ago and I'm not going back in to "check" on anything.... :classic_rolleyes: We don't have any other OM cruises booked.

Me too, and I ain't opening that app for any reason unless I'm standing at the check in counter. I have printed all documentation I could possible use to gain access to the ship......just in case.😉

Doug

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

It still doesn't work on my iPhone 10R, but it works on my husband's iPhone 8 and it also works on my work iphone 7.   I put in all of our info on my husband's phone and then signed in on my phone and it still showed only me and only 3 circles.   I have the latest version and my phone is all up to date.   I signed out, signed back in and the screen where I had 3 circles is now totally blank and it freezes up.

I am unable to enter anything because as soon s I enter my login info, the app shuts down!  Every single time.  Did all the things to get my phone up to date, and still the app is shutting down.  Have done a medallion 3 times already and not one issue till now.  Help!!!!  lol

Ok i got say this...Why would they make us get Ocean Ready?  They don’t make us do that with our cruise cards. Order accessories sure but why don’t they take the info from the personalizer? This making the customer jump through hoops is BS. Just add a line on the personalizer asking where to mail the coins to and check here for each trinket you wish to buy. 

• Like 2

This app is still buggier than ever, when I open it the main screen says that I'm on day 10 "At sea" of my cruise. My next cruise in on 12/4 on the Sky - LOL. I've been checking it almost daily, whatever "cruise I'm on" must be one heck of a sea day cruise, so far it's been 10 straight sea days. LOL! 

Is anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot_20190923-091608.png

On 9/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, Notonboard said:

Was all set then checked to see if my new Sky December 1st was in my Ocean profile. Now it has renamed my Regal Thanksgiving to the Sky and The actual Sky cruises are not listed. 

Hi @Notonboard. Pls accept our apologies for the challenge you're currently experiencing. Pls send us an email at AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com so that we can get a bit more information about your voyage and troubleshoot to get you back on your way. Thank you!

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

This app is still buggier than ever, when I open it the main screen says that I'm on day 10 "At sea" of my cruise. My next cruise in on 12/4 on the Sky - LOL. I've been checking it almost daily, whatever "cruise I'm on" must be one heck of a sea day cruise, so far it's been 10 straight sea days. LOL! 

Hello @CruiseVA. We apologize for the challenge you're experiencing and are currently researching to resolve. Thank you for your patience.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

Hello @wrongwaywatson. Pls accept on apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing. Would you pls send us an email at AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com so we can learn more about the challenge you're having and troubleshoot to get you back on course? Thank you in advance.

Ask Ocean Medallion-Dude they already have a ticket in place. Can you give us information as to when this will get fixed?  I for one have printed off my boarding pass.

Why don’t you people just take the information from the personalizer with an option to buy clips and what not from the site?  This get ocean ready stuff is really putting the customer out.

26 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

Ask Ocean Medallion-Dude they already have a ticket in place. Can you give us information as to when this will get fixed?  I for one have printed off my boarding pass.

Why don’t you people just take the information from the personalizer with an option to buy clips and what not from the site?  This get ocean ready stuff is really putting the customer out.

give and take ...

complete info on cruise personalizer as before ... go thru regular boarding as before ... get OM instead of card .. proceed to buy accessories on board, if not pre-purchased thru a 3rd party knock-off vendor for clips, bands ...

or take time to get O Ready ... including loading a security pic and a copy of passport, order OM and accessories, have OM in hand when you board

give and take ...

27 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

@Notonboard ... if you could pls send us an email, we can align it with the ticket you reference and get you an answer directly. Unfortunately, we're unable to synch it based solely on your Cruise Critic handle. Many thanks for your patience.

9 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Hello @CruiseVA. We are pleased to report that we have resolved this issue that was tied to a cancelled booking.  This should no longer be viewable in your timeline. Should you experience any more challenges, feel free to email us directly at AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com.