Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

2 hours ago, CZEE said:

The MedallionClass app does not recognize that my iPhone XS Max is connected to the internet. It says off line and directs me to connect to MedallionNet and my WiFi settings.  Clearly, we're not on board as the cruise isn't until next year.  I've restarted the phone, reset the network settings, reinstalled the app.  Nothing works.  Is anyone else experiencing this also?

Thanks.

Lani

What version of iOS are you using...12 or 13?

Yesterday the new version of the MedallionClass worked fine with 12.4.1 but today experiencing the same Offine problem on iPhone/iPad.

I’ve previously experienced some app snafus on weekends which was attributed to their techs working on problems.

Edited by Astro Flyer

19 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

I have the same “offline” problem. I am guessing it is on Princess end.

I do have a question, when I can connect. Can the security picture, not the image picture, be taken with my glasses on?

Thank you

I have never been asked to take my glasses off for a Princess security photo. 🤓

My apologies, I was referring to the security picture for the Ocean Ready security picture. I didn’t know what the rules were for the app, as opposed to the security picture taken when embarking check in. I know in passport photos that you cannot have glasses on.

Edited by BIGADORF
Added content

16 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

My apologies, I was referring to the security picture for the Ocean Ready security picture. I didn’t know what the rules were for the app, as opposed to the security picture taken when embarking check in. I know in passport photos that you cannot have glasses on.

I knew you were asking about the app. I have not seen any “rules” published. My point is that there should be no difference between the rules for the photo that ship security takes and the rules for the app photo. Does anyone else have any information? In any case, if ship security doesn’t like the photo they’ll just take a new one. 

Edited by OzPilot

Looks like they fixed the offline problem, but now it gives a error message under travel documents. “Unable to show travel document recommendations “ I had previously uploaded the passports. Well we we see what tomorrow or Monday brings.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, Doug R. said:

1. You can replace the picture, we used pictures of our pups.

I am trying to upload photos for the profile photo but when they upload they only have a small part of my photo showing in the circle.  I've reduced the pixel size a lot but it just makes the same part of the photos blurry.  How did you get your full photos to show in the circle?

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I am trying to upload photos for the profile photo but when they upload they only have a small part of my photo showing in the circle.  I've reduced the pixel size a lot but it just makes the same part of the photos blurry.  How did you get your full photos to show in the circle?

Magic I guess 😎, the angry gods of IT must of had a day off. The photos were taken on my IPhone and did require a bit of resizing using the crop editing feature on my phone.

3 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Magic I guess 😎, the angry gods of IT must of had a day off. The photos were taken on my IPhone and did require a bit of resizing using the crop editing feature on my phone.

Thanks, I cropped and resized 3 times but It just keeps showing what is in the very center of the photo.  Imagine if I was trying to use a Jack o' Lantern for my profile photo and no matter what I did, it only shows the triangular nose of the pumpkin in the circle.  Nobody would have any idea what it is a photo of.

I just downloaded the Medallion app (I think this I relatively new compared to the 4-5 Ocean Ready apps I previously downloaded?).  I am able to log in, I see my profile and all my personal data.  I am not able to link my cruise.  I thought it was because I am not yet 90 days out (I will be in about 2 weeks) - but then I saw your post about adding your February cruise.  So now I am confused.  Do I need to wait 90 days to link my cruise, or is there a problem? When I try to link, I get the message that my booking number is invalid.

I hope  someone can help me.   I have uploaded everything to the app but I cannot get ready because it shows red in Cruise Personalizer and Pin Number which I have tried to input many times  Does anyone have any advice?  I have all the pictures and passports entered but am stuck as to why I can't get ocean ready,

thank you

I completed everything  a few days ago and today it shows red for documents (previously scanned) and red for personalizer.  Then I get a message saying they are having tech problems.  My cruise is still six weeks away, but I am already finding the Medallion 'Experience' to be a ROYAL pain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jangor said:

I completed everything  a few days ago and today it shows red for documents (previously scanned) and red for personalizer.  Then I get a message saying they are having tech problems.  My cruise is still six weeks away, but I am already finding the Medallion 'Experience' to be a ROYAL pain.

16 hours ago, atdahop said:

I hope  someone can help me.   I have uploaded everything to the app but I cannot get ready because it shows red in Cruise Personalizer and Pin Number which I have tried to input many times  Does anyone have any advice?  I have all the pictures and passports entered but am stuck as to why I can't get ocean ready,

thank you

The App is super glitchy.  As soon as you see Green do print screens of the OceanReady Pass. It is what we did.  It's gone back and forth from Green to Red to Green to Red... now it's Green again. I'm done looking at it. lol. Not sure what causes it to have these problems but they are a ROYAL pain 🙂 I like that 

3 hours ago, jennybenny said:

The App is super glitchy.  As soon as you see Green do print screens of the OceanReady Pass. It is what we did.  It's gone back and forth from Green to Red to Green to Red... now it's Green again. I'm done looking at it. lol. Not sure what causes it to have these problems but they are a ROYAL pain 🙂 I like that 

I have never seen it turn green.  What a pain!!

3 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Did you fill out the passport information on both the personalizer and the app? Take the security and profile photo on the App?  You should call support.  

Yes, I did all that.  Would you please give me that phone number, I am sure that it is here but can't find it.. Another strange thing, the pin on my husbands profile is now complete yet my is still not showing green and it's the same.

5 minutes ago, atdahop said:

Yes, I did all that.  Would you please give me that phone number, I am sure that it is here but can't find it.. Another strange thing, the pin on my husbands profile is now complete yet my is still not showing green and it's the same.

On the App, the contact OCEAN number in the USA is 844-525-0942. Good luck!

All of this pre-cruise work and angst seems like a waste of time for me when I can just print out my boarding documents in a matter of a few seconds and show up at the pier.  So what if it takes a few extra minutes to get on board?  What percentage of the total cruise time does that entail if I'm going to be on a week-long cruise?  What's the rush?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

All of this pre-cruise work and angst seems like a waste of time for me when I can just print out my boarding documents in a matter of a few seconds and show up at the pier.  So what if it takes a few extra minutes to get on board?  What percentage of the total cruise time does that entail if I'm going to be on a week-long cruise?  What's the rush?

that of course is the fallback plan .. we may try to get the OM ready and order to have in hand ... but really, if it happens OK, if not OK, not gonna stress out over 5-10 minutes pre-cruise ... don't 'have' to rush on board to make any reservations for anything ... only thing, is the clock is ticking on the PBP :classic_cool:

14 hours ago, jennybenny said:

On the App, the contact OCEAN number in the USA is 844-525-0942. Good luck!

Thanks for the number, I did call but did not get anywhere.  She is submitting some kind of ticket and I should get a response in a week.  It's just so annoying...