Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

OMG how did you print the one with the QR code...I am using an android and cant find a way to print it...believe i dont recall seeing how to print on my ipad either....

On my Samsung J3 Android phone, which is about 2 years old, I hold the Power and Volume Down button for maybe one second. I hear a 'click' and then a screen shot is in my cameras default album. But there is a lot of variations with Android phones I understand.

But this only does a "screen dump", it does not create a photo/document of the entire 3 pg on the OR app.

Edited by PaperSniper4

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

Here's a link to several methods. However, the easiest is the 'palm swipe'. 

Bring up the desired screen. Swipe the edge of your hand across the screen from left to right. It make take a couple of attempts because it is sensing a swipe of the entire screen and your hand may not be flat. Note that this 'palm swipe' feature is the default setting on most Samsung phones. The image will be stored in your Gallery. You can then access it from Gallery and edit the image, saving it in whatever way you wish. I copied the entire screen, showing the green circles and QR code, and made a second image that's just the QR code.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy

Thanks so much, I now have a screenshot of DH and my OR passes!!

9 minutes ago, kapsgp said:

If you receive your medallion in the mail you don't even need the screen shot of the QR  code. At check in you just scan your medallion and show your passport and you are good to go!

Thanks for the info. It will be very helpful.

Tony

On 9/11/2019 at 5:53 PM, kapsgp said:

If you receive your medallion in the mail you don't even need the screen shot of the QR  code. At check in you just scan your medallion and show your passport and you are good to go!

We received the medallions despite not completing all check-in items on line.  This resulted in processing through check-in at the pier.  Even many with fully completed on-line portfolios were required to check-in through the Princess reps.  This was Copenhagen.

I was finally able to get the Ocean Ready app loaded and my profile set up.   It finally loaded the section to add in my travel documents (yesterday it kept closing on me).  I took a picture of my passport and uploaded it and took a profile pic.   However, that section still shows orange, even though I have everything entered.   Very frustrated.

Hello!  I've read all 14 pages of this thread and haven't found an answer to my question.  I've downloaded the single Medallion app, entered all required pics/docs, everything is green on OceanReady, medallions are ordered.  But in upper left hand corner of OceanReady screen by my profile picture and name, it says "Off-Ship" and "Profile Incomplete".  I click the menu bubble and I see OceanProfile and Profile Incomplete.  I click on Profile and get to My Account, which leads me to My Profile (username, password, PIN).  When I try to enter the required info, set password and security question, I get "bookingnumber not entered".  What am I doing wrong?

Please excuse me if answers to my questions are somewhere on this thread, I don't want to read through 46 pages to see if it is. I'm currently booked for October 2020 on they Sky.

Do we HAVE to download the app to our phones to be able to cruise? I don't like apps on my phone (because I'm paranoid). Yes, I know my information is likely everywhere because I use the internet and DO have 2 or 3 apps downloaded, but the fewer I have, the more comfortable I am.

Mostly, though, I prefer to turn my electronics off and leave them in the safe when I'm cruising. I relly dislike being tied to my phone.

Will we eventually have to do a full-on Medallion thing in order to cruise with Princess in the future?

2 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Do we HAVE to download the app to our phones to be able to cruise?

no ... just fill out your cruise personalizer on the Princess website ... print your boarding passes ... bring your passport if required for your specific itinerary

I spent over an hour on the phone with 2 different Ocean Navigators as it appears my app isn't working right.  They had me send screenshots of what mine looked like and then they sent me what it SHOULD look like.  I have the latest version, it just isn't working right.  They made a ticket and someone will call me back by the end of the week

I posted this elsewhere,but, it's knoda funny, so I thought I'd share it here.

Our next cruise is in December on the Sky (the 'original' inauguration cruise).  When I fired up the MedallionClass App a week ago it said I had a cruise coming up in a week. Well, When I fired it up yesterday it said that I was on Day 2 of our cruise, a Sea Day. 

If I knew which which cruise we are "on" and where we are"going" I'd post a Live From 🙂  

So, tell me how the App & Ocean Ready are not buggy? LOL.

• Like 1

I installed the ocean ready app. on my Samsung J7 android phone and used it to get ocean ready on our Regal cruise this past Feb.  Can I just use this same app to get ocean ready for our Dec cruise or do I need to download the new medallion app. that has the other apps combined in one app and get ocean ready using that app?  

2 hours ago, nailsmhc79 said:

Ocean Medallion keeps telling me my booking number is empty or has already been used so I cannot complete my profile.  Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a solution?    Thanks....Kevin

Nobody here can help you with this. Call Princess. That is your best option.

Has anyone had the experience of their Ocean Ready app crashing after entering in the email address and password.  It had been operating just fine for the past couple months and now it crashes on both the iPhone and iPad while it does still work on the MacBook Air.

10 hours ago, Grego said:

Has anyone had the experience of their Ocean Ready app crashing after entering in the email address and password.  It had been operating just fine for the past couple months and now it crashes on both the iPhone and iPad while it does still work on the MacBook Air.

Oh no say it ain’t so 😳 I went crazy to get it to work the first time.

Tony

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Oh no say it ain’t so 😳 I went crazy to get it to work the first time.

Tony

Now that I got my OR app finally working about a week ago, and got all the data entered, and took screen shots of our passes, and printed off the passes and luggage tags online......... I ain't touchin' Nuthin'!🙂

8 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Now that I got my OR app finally working about a week ago, and got all the data entered, and took screen shots of our passes, and printed off the passes and luggage tags online......... I ain't touchin' Nuthin'!🙂

Damn straight, bro!! 😎