Any Difference when Itinerary lists "Holiday"?

I am shopping for a Royal Caribbean cruise this coming Christmas. I noticed that some of the itineraries are duplicated, some listing "Holiday" in their title and some not. That is to say, the exact same cruise with the same sailing date, destinations, ship, price, everything is the same, except that one lists "Holiday" and the other doesn't. (See attached.)

Is there any difference between selecting these two itineraries?

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 8.58.28 PM.png

13 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

This. Plus more rug rats on board. 

Would be kind of hard to have more kids on board one sailing over the other, since they are the same ship and same dates. Unless this is some sort of new quantum rugrats 😛

OP, it's most likely either an IT glitch, or they're doing some sort of testing to see if more people click on a cruise with the holiday in the name vs. without.

• Like 1

i thought the word "Holiday" was added to sailings over the Christmas and NYE holidays.  I have seen this quite often in the past.  The price is definitely more for these sailings and will probably have more school aged children because the dates are during school break. 

That does look like an IT issue. Generally a cruise that is over major holidays will be slightly higher. And, there are some complementary cruises that cannot  be taken during a cruise that says “holiday“ In the title. 

M

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Price.

4 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

The price is definitely more for these sailings

Funny you say that since the screenshot in the OP shows the same exact price for both versions...

22 hours ago, hallux said:

Funny you say that since the screenshot in the OP shows the same exact price for both versions...

Sailings over holidays tend to be more expensive, which was my point regardless if "Holiday" is in the title or not.

Edited by crusinthrough

I think the glitch is that they are trying to let people know that this is a holiday sailing.  While the cruise pricing is the same, some of the on board specialty restaurants charge more.  The IT or whom ever can't merge the two listings under the "holiday" listing so you know that some of the on-board amenities cost more for this sailing vs a "normal" sailing.

Edited by gatour