When to tip in Diamond Lounge

Have done both but it depends on the lounge. On Oasis there is a dedicated server later in the evening and multiple ones earlier in the evening. So it depends on the logistics ... though I had to be careful since I tipped one server $5 after the fist round and he decided to serve the DW champagne in a wine glass and kept topping it off for her ... she had a GREAT time but I had to babysit her the rest of the night ... LOL!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Ubiquitous Cruiser said:

Have done both but it depends on the lounge. On Oasis there is a dedicated server later in the evening and multiple ones earlier in the evening. So it depends on the logistics ... though I had to be careful since I tipped one server $5 after the fist round and he decided to serve the DW champagne in a wine glass and kept topping it off for her ... she had a GREAT time but I had to babysit her the rest of the night ... LOL!!!!

LOL!  I also have had unsolicited drinks served.

• Haha 1

We usually tip towards the end of the week, trying to make sure we find everyone.  Also make sure to find the morning waiter since we usually stop in during the am. On longer cruises we also might tip part way through. 

Another vote for as served. 

Exception: When we are doing back to back's, we try to find out if servers will be back on the second sailing.  If they are, then we tip at the end. (So we don't have to carry dollar bills every night.)  Then when they see us back again the second (or third) sailing, they greet us with a smile and a drink. 😉

Also as served.  Have never had to look for waiter/waitress when drink needed to be refilled.  Shared this $1 per drink tip when served with a friend and she tried it at pool and made a new best friend and never wanted for a drink.  She had awesome service and thanked me for the tip.

• Like 1

Tip when served. We give a dollar or two per order for the two of us. If we have stayed awhile and were well taken care of by a particular server, we will give a five beyond the other tips. There is no way to track down all who have served you at the end of the week. You might be served by two or three different people in the same evening.

2 minutes ago, loveheart said:

We tipped at the end of our last cruise but would prefer to tip as we go.Is this a dollar per drink or dollar per order for the pair of us.?

Personal choice.  Whatever fits your budget.

• Like 1

Just now, Snit13 said:

Personal choice.  Whatever fits your budget.

I don't want to appear mean but I guess some people don't bother tipping at all . Will play it by ear when we get  to the DL. 

• Like 1

We save our dollar bills between cruises! Each night, we tip $1 per drink - so $2 for the two of us for each round. The servers seem to appreciate this, and after the first couple of nights have our drinks ready as soon as we walk in the lounge. Since I am not sure if they have to pool their tips, we would rather tip directly as the drinks are served.

We always tip $1.00 per drink each night.  Some nights, we had different staff waiting on  us so we didn’t want to miss anyone.  They are so appreciative of anything you give them and we are always taken great care of.  Enjoy your first diamond cruise. 😊

• Like 1

We also tip $1 per drink when served.  Sometimes you will have different servers throughout the night.  Sometimes they are assigned to another venue mid cruise.  So tipping by tipping when served I make sure that I am not missing someone.  

• Like 1

Several years ago when we turned Diamond there seemed to be couple of dedicated servers that worked the diamond for the whole cruise so we tipped half way and at the end of the cruise. As other posters have indicated now there seems to be more switching and reassigning of servers so we switched to per drink tipping.

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Another vote for as served. 

Exception: When we are doing back to back's, we try to find out if servers will be back on the second sailing.  If they are, then we tip at the end. (So we don't have to carry dollar bills every night.)  Then when they see us back again the second (or third) sailing, they greet us with a smile and a drink. 😉

We did a B2B, and our favorite server was doing other things on the 2nd leg. 

• Like 1