Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Hello again.  If you have a chance, there was a premium wine that I loved but I forgot to write down the label.  I think the sommelier called it Cherry Tart and it's a Pinot Noir (California?).  If you happen to see this wine, could you let me know who makes it?  Thanks so much. 

Did you make it to St. George on the last leg?   We love walking around St. George.  Such a quaint little town.  Enjoy your 3 day stay in Bermuda!

Yes it is Cherry Tart Pinot Noir made by Cherry Pie in California.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Trish, Karen And George had the opportunity to dine at the Chef’s Table last night. They sent these photos.  We were able to get a booking for the first formal night.  Unfortunately for us The Chef won’t be onboard. 

Thank you so much for posting these.  I've been looking desperately for any info on the new Chef's Table (the Daniel Boulud one).  Awesome to see pics of him on board!

I can't wait to read your impressions when you attend.

If it's not too much trouble, can you inquire what the policy is as far as the wine pairings with the Chef's Table dinner?  Initially when I signed up for this (on an upcoming Alaska cruise) it seemed like the wine pairings were included.  Then some later changes on the website made it seem like the wine pairings might be an additional $60 on top of the $139 for the Chef's Table.  If you're able to find out and share any info on how that's working (especially for non-Zenith), I would be very grateful!

Thanks for all your work on this incredible live thread!

18 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

One thing I'm missing seeing on the Dailies - the drink of the day.  Don't they have that any more?  It was always a good way to try something I'd never have ordered.

Keep up with telling us of your wonderful experiences day-by-day!  Love following along.

Donna

Donna

I haven’t seen them in the daily.  The do however have a couple listed nightly on the dinner and lunch menus.    

14 hours ago, hcat said:

Cellar masters looked nice..is that newer furniture? 

What goes on around there at night or is it just a pass through to the dining areas and  a lounge?

Can't recall M Class layout that well...

Yes the have refreshed the furniture and carpet there.  Looks nice.  

In in the evening they use it for numerous things. They have live music - usually the guitarist or a duo.   They also have wine and whisky tastings.   

On  the occasion of special dinners like Captains Table and Chefs Table you meet there at the big table near Sushi on 5. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ariyel said:

Thank you so much for posting these.  I've been looking desperately for any info on the new Chef's Table (the Daniel Boulud one).  Awesome to see pics of him on board!

I can't wait to read your impressions when you attend.

If it's not too much trouble, can you inquire what the policy is as far as the wine pairings with the Chef's Table dinner?  Initially when I signed up for this (on an upcoming Alaska cruise) it seemed like the wine pairings were included.  Then some later changes on the website made it seem like the wine pairings might be an additional $60 on top of the $139 for the Chef's Table.  If you're able to find out and share any info on how that's working (especially for non-Zenith), I would be very grateful!

Thanks for all your work on this incredible live thread!

That is what is currently being charged. You have the option of pairing for $199 or  139 without.     Since I don’t drink I opted for non pairing and selected pairing for Iain.  I have been told but will verify it also includes his cookbook. 

Being Zenith or not has no difference for dinners like this.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

Dinner menu from Blu

615F456F-D005-43E0-9F81-5C878D15F1F6.thumb.jpeg.45c1acaee6b5b702f29fe045a987c998.jpeg

67B626DD-0D71-45E4-869C-AFBD09E17027.thumb.jpeg.19737d29e5a609ae20d02a0c923d7967.jpeg

ill try try to shoot some pix of meals but often start eating then realize I forgot to take a picture. 

We both ordered the scallops and lamb, both excellent and cooked to perfect medium rare as ordered. 

Reagan asked us if we liked Chicken Liver which we do.   He brought us an extra starter of a beautiful pate. 

C7EF3AB2-4914-4E73-9445-FE0F3DD2E8A9.thumb.jpeg.06aa2059f446538fb424e33c114a1201.jpeg

A design Failure to be careful of.  They put two fabric sofas in the smoking area under the tenders on deck 4. For    Unfortunately lubricant from the wench drips on them.  Also WAY to deep to sit comfortably on. 

96EF0640-2099-495D-8488-B87F83480180.thumb.jpeg.d5315555fe6999f8bc8ced291beef9ff.jpeg

Captain’s Club Reception today.   11 Zenith’s on this cruise. Due to the large number of CC members they have 2 receptions. 11:30 and 1:30.   Assignment is by Port or Starboard. 

1431AF3D-03DE-4D41-A5F3-7E4AEFA33CA3.thumb.jpeg.9c3d9de04290fe3e1768fe4871be64fb.jpeg

60F92208-4F49-4247-93C3-7487301A430C.thumb.jpeg.5cbc647c652a909a7e100fa7eaded7dd.jpeg

34EC64D1-5F5A-46F0-B9D9-3FD8A01166FE.thumb.jpeg.f6f727451ec7f83e4735aca8878ea8e3.jpeg

18A44D78-8465-4CB9-AF2C-B736A6689037.thumb.jpeg.1aed273065418b36d3216461bdfca7fc.jpeg

E202F30D-0215-4C7E-B055-724830FFB805.thumb.jpeg.4a9cc38129041c30d59e2a1ae995f80e.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Regarding Chef Daniel Boulud Dinner. 

$199 with Wine Pairing

$139 without 

0CC5D23A-D74C-432B-92C7-0259080563FA.thumb.jpeg.d903d1445c08c9e9273fe5a4ff83b5b2.jpeg

If I  book without wine but have The Premium Drink package can I just order my own glass of wine for each course that would be included in the package?  $199 is a bit steep.  For that much money I would want the meal to make me look 20 years younger.

On another note The Captain posted an incredible pic of the full moon on Instagram.   Did you get to witness that?

Anne Maria 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Yes you are correct.  The haven’t had bar seating in a couple years.    They did install  2 tall tables adjacent to the curved glass window next to the bar.    The also installed 2 coffee / tea machines.  

August of 2018.  Rondevous bar.  I recognize the indentation in the chair from sitting there most of the week 😨

DSC_7475.JPG

Edited by kenevenpar
forgot picture
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Regarding Chef Daniel Boulud Dinner. 

$199 with Wine Pairing

$139 without 

0CC5D23A-D74C-432B-92C7-0259080563FA.thumb.jpeg.d903d1445c08c9e9273fe5a4ff83b5b2.jpeg

How much was Chef’s Table prior to this change? My younger daughter is a foodie but underage, so having a no-pairings price is a nice new option on one level. But $200 to have it with pairings is more than I’m willing to pay unless this is a Michelin-star-level meal I’m getting.

I did Chef’s Table on Freedom of the Seas by myself for $90, and felt that was a bargain after the wines and food we were served; I would say the food was on par with a land restaurant I’d been to that cost me $75 for dinner with no alcohol. I know Celebrity is a cut above Royal for food, and wouldn’t object to paying a bit more; let’s say $150 for a round number, assuming the wines are also a cut above.

But $200 for me and another $140 for my will-be-16-year old daughter is just too big a pill to swallow on a trip that’s already going to be stretching all kinds of budget boundaries. Maybe they’ll adjust the pricing over the coming year as they get guest feedback, but I’m not holding my breath.

19 minutes ago, Aralim said:

How much was Chef’s Table prior to this change? My younger daughter is a foodie but underage, so having a no-pairings price is a nice new option on one level. But $200 to have it with pairings is more than I’m willing to pay unless this is a Michelin-star-level meal I’m getting.

I did Chef’s Table on Freedom of the Seas by myself for $90, and felt that was a bargain after the wines and food we were served; I would say the food was on par with a land restaurant I’d been to that cost me $75 for dinner with no alcohol. I know Celebrity is a cut above Royal for food, and wouldn’t object to paying a bit more; let’s say $150 for a round number, assuming the wines are also a cut above.

But $200 for me and another $140 for my will-be-16-year old daughter is just too big a pill to swallow on a trip that’s already going to be stretching all kinds of budget boundaries. Maybe they’ll adjust the pricing over the coming year as they get guest feedback, but I’m not holding my breath.

We have done it before and cost was $279 per couple or $199 pp including wine pairing.    When we did it last they did not have option for non-pairings.  You should be able to find in cruise planner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

So fun to see the picture if Alexandra. I have been on several cruises with her. She worked the  Elite Happy Hour .

We thought she was a riot. 

She is certainly entertaining and pours a mean drink.   I brought Iain back a glass of Chardonnay last night and he claimed she poured a half bottle in the LARGE glass.  He wasn’t even able to finish it.  

She he should do Stand Up Comedy. 

Thanks for posting that...we will make res  when they become available. Not much open for booking yet on our 2020 cruise...just a few Bermuda excursions.

How has the weather been? Has turned rain here in NY.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:11 PM, Charles4515 said:

Select is downstairs on 4. Traditional is on 5. I have select on this sailing. If they can’t do 12 upstairs I think they will accommodate you and give you a table downstairs. 

Interesting. Before makeover it was other way around! Selects were on deck 5.

Jim_lain, I am enjoying your review a lot!  I will never be Zenith.. and not sure about suites, but I would love to attend this exclusive talk with Jim Kennedy. Maybe I need to book a suite once. 🙂

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1