Diamond benefits

We are returning to RCCL after a few years away and find that we are on Diamond level due to reciprocal benefits from Azamara and Celebrity. Having searched this forum, I think that I've got my appreciative head around most of the benefits but have a couple of queries. 

Are the the three free drinks preloaded onto your card for use in any bar or restaurant at any particular time in addition to access to the Diamond Lounge, or am I confused?  What additional services are available in the Diamond Lounge?

I think that I am up to speed with the pre-ordering of Coke/Sprite or water and availability of the Diamond breakfast area but are there any other benefits that I should be aware of?

We are sailing on Explorer of the Seas this August, which hosted our first cruise 11 years ago, and have booked a guarantee ocean view cabin so hope that the upgrade fairy may visit us, but it seldom does!

Many thanks to you for all of the help and advice which I hope will come flooding in. 

Rob

The 3 drink vouchers per evening can only be used during the same time as the Diamond Lounge free cocktail period.  The DL also offers specialty coffees, hot/cold snacks during the free cocktail period, continental breakfast, and the services of the Diamond Concierge.

2 hours ago, rojojacko said:

I think that I am up to speed with the pre-ordering of Coke/Sprite or water and availability of the Diamond breakfast area but are there any other benefits that I should be aware of?

Not sure what you are meaning about pre-ordering of soda or water... that's not a Diamond benefit that I am aware of... are you just purchasing the Refreshment package or something like that?

3 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

Not sure what you are meaning about pre-ordering of soda or water... that's not a Diamond benefit that I am aware of... are you just purchasing the Refreshment package or something like that?

Guessing they are referring to the "Welcome Aboard" beverage.

3 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Hello......Diamond Concierge?  We've been Diamond for the last couple of cruises without knowing the existence of a Diamond Concierge.......so, someone in the know, please elaborate........unsure what l may have missed out on!

The Diamond Concierge has a desk in the Diamond Lounge and is there to help you with basically whatever you need (random questions, reservations, issues with your onboard account, etc.).  I haven't had a ton of interaction with them but I have used them to fix erroneous charges (much faster than customer service) as well as get last minute MDR seats when our dinner plans changed.

Thanks for all of your help so far. Really whetted my appetite to get on board!  

Sorry, just one more query. We have opted for freedom/anytime dining and read somewhere that you have to pre-pay your gratuities when you do this. Is this really the case?

Rob

Just now, rojojacko said:

Thanks for all of your help so far. Really whetted my appetite to get on board!  

Sorry, just one more query. We have opted for freedom/anytime dining and read somewhere that you have to pre-pay your gratuities when you do this. Is this really the case?

Rob

No, that is old info.  Royal no longer requires prepaid gratuities in order to get My Time Dining.

1 hour ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Hello......Diamond Concierge?  We've been Diamond for the last couple of cruises without knowing the existence of a Diamond Concierge.......so, someone in the know, please elaborate........unsure what l may have missed out on!

Didn't miss anything... found them to be pretty useless.... GS is much faster and open 24/7👍

Have used Diamond Concierge to book the back stage entertainment tour and they usually offer to print your boarding passes. Have seen them arrange meetings with passengers & a rep for issues like shore excursions that were a problem.

Some are chatty & social while others are more let me know if you need me types ... have found them all to be pleasant & helpful if you need anything.

We are also returning to RCI after several years. Looking at the current Diamond benefits I see some things I would like to know more about...

What is the Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity?

Daily Breakfast with specialty coffee - is this in the Diamond lounge?

Entertainment Tour - Is this some type of behind the scenes thing?

I did not see the three complimentary drinks listed, so are there other benefits that I'm not seeing on the RCI website?

6 hours ago, maxxboy said:

We are also returning to RCI after several years. Looking at the current Diamond benefits I see some things I would like to know more about...

What is the Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity?

Daily Breakfast with specialty coffee - is this in the Diamond lounge?

Entertainment Tour - Is this some type of behind the scenes thing?

I did not see the three complimentary drinks listed, so are there other benefits that I'm not seeing on the RCI website?

The Chef's Choice amenity is a snack sent to your stateroom, usually once or twice per cruise, in the afternoon.  Could be chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate,fruit plate, etc.

Yes, the DL will have a continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.  Self-service specialty coffee is complimentary in the DL.

Yes, the entertainment tour is a behind the scenes tour of the theater /  production show.

There are also "coupons" loaded on your SeaPass card.  Scroll around this thread to see the coupons for the various C&A levels:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55875517&postcount=123

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The Chef's Choice amenity is a snack sent to your stateroom, usually once or twice per cruise, in the afternoon.  Could be chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate,fruit plate, etc.

Yes, the DL will have a continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.  Self-service specialty coffee is complimentary in the DL.

Yes, the entertainment tour is a behind the scenes tour of the theater /  production show.

There are also "coupons" loaded on your SeaPass card.  Scroll around this thread to see the coupons for the various C&A levels:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55875517&postcount=123

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Curious, why did you leave Celebrity? We are very close to pulling the switch an Celebrity Edge next year for Greek Isles. Our last Royal cruise in a Suite was disappointing. 

Sorry for late reply but we aren't loyal to any line. Just look for the right itinerary at the right price and this one came up at less than £75 pppn for an ocean view for a summer cruise. Will be back on Celebrity when the right deal comes up. The best UK prices I'm seeing for Edge are around £200 pppn but would love to give it a go when they come down. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Curious, why did you leave Celebrity? We are very close to pulling the switch an Celebrity Edge next year for Greek Isles. Our last Royal cruise in a Suite was disappointing. 

We are die hard X fans (Elite+) but also are trying RCI again this year because of Celebrity’s outrageous prices. The suite prices are insane, it’s hard to find any good deals anymore. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, godawgs227 said:

What level would Diamond + on Royal be comparable to on Celebrity?

Guessing Elite+, but there are two higher non-named levels of D+ on Royal, and I don't know if these have comparable levels on Celebrity.

This is the reciprocity chart. 

Royal Caribbean
Crown & Anchor Society
Celebrity Cruises
Captain’s Club
Gold
Not applicable
Platinum
Select
Emerald
Select
Diamond