Scarlet Lady - Virgin’s debut cruise ship

Erik101

2 hours ago, nhsails said:

Already booked and we're far from 20 something 🤣 love the new ships coming out such a nice change

Would you mind posting a review when you return?  I’m sure there will be reviews but I learn so much more from experienced cruisers on these boards. 

• Like 1

I‘m curious about what impact it will have on Carnival sailings.  I see that it is aiming for a hip, fun vibe, but I wonder who it will really attract.  Will it be the new “fun” ship, or will it take on a snooty, pretentious, we’re too sophisticated for that type of thing vibe?  I can see it going either way.  

I’m also interested  to see how this 18+ thing works out after a few sailings. People complain about the drinking on CCL and NCL, but it seems like an 18+ Virgin cruise could get wild really quickly.

I’m youngish with no kids but it’s not my crowd. I’m glad to see another option for cruisers though. Maybe this will shake up the industry enough to make some changes in decor (looking at you Carnival), dining options and entertainment.

4 hours ago, NauticalNeophyte said:

I‘m curious about what impact it will have on Carnival sailings.

One ship with 3400 guests will no affect CCL one iota. They are building more ships but they are a completely different demographic, age and financial.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, NauticalNeophyte said:

I‘m curious about what impact it will have on Carnival sailings.  I see that it is aiming for a hip, fun vibe, but I wonder who it will really attract.  Will it be the new “fun” ship, or will it take on a snooty, pretentious, we’re too sophisticated for that type of thing vibe?  I can see it going either way.  

I’m also interested  to see how this 18+ thing works out after a few sailings. People complain about the drinking on CCL and NCL, but it seems like an 18+ Virgin cruise could get wild really quickly.

I’m youngish with no kids but it’s not my crowd. I’m glad to see another option for cruisers though. Maybe this will shake up the industry enough to make some changes in decor (looking at you Carnival), dining options and entertainment.

I think the only people that it will take away from Carnival will be people like me. My wife and I are in our late twenties, no kids, both have six-figure jobs, but have no interest in the snooty/boring/elderly vibes on the more luxury lines. Though even if I love sailing Virgin I'll probably continue to sail Carnival as well just because there are more itineraries and date options with a product that we know we like.

• Like 2

Looks good to me. I don't like the fact that it's only one ship, only out of miami, and only short cruises. I haven't looked at price but I'm sure that would be an issue. The line would probably have to grow before I'd consider it. I can't see me flying to Miami for a 5 day cruise to Costa Maya.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Looks good to me. I don't like the fact that it's only one ship, only out of miami, and only short cruises. I haven't looked at price but I'm sure that would be an issue. The line would probably have to grow before I'd consider it. I can't see me flying to Miami for a 5 day cruise to Costa Maya.

5 day balcony is $3400, alcohol not included, everything else is including tips and high speed internet

I was more interested with Cuba on the itinerary. I am however, still very interested, but at this point I want to wait until they have a second ship. I'm hoping the prices will come down and they'll have some longer itineraries.

5 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I think the only people that it will take away from Carnival will be people like me. My wife and I are in our late twenties, no kids, both have six-figure jobs, but have no interest in the snooty/boring/elderly vibes on the more luxury lines. Though even if I love sailing Virgin I'll probably continue to sail Carnival as well just because there are more itineraries and date options with a product that we know we like.

Luckily you’re allowed to buy a bargain/value product even if you can afford “better.” Some folks seem to think that’s a terrible error in judgment. If you try Virgin, hope you love it!!

Cruising has a few less now choices as it had been all inclusive before, even in High Cost NYC, NY which has out priced it self in HIGH Port fees and Parking..

The way before everything except Low Cost Alcohol /TIPS were included. even Bon-Voyage parties, were meals of the highest quality beef and seafood were given to visitors or people brought the own too..

Choice is vital in a Free and Capital society.

You may have seen the Cruise Lines shares today went Down to the Low End too, on projected earnings..

CCL :NYSE/ LSE

CUK :NYSE/ LSE

RCL: NYSE

NCLH : No Dividends still..

If the Cruise Line(s) gave better values and NOT NIckle and Dime Cruisers they would get more bookings and thus profits..

On New built Cruise Lines how did the Viking ship(s) do?

Virgin is aiming like Viking for a High Costing Market now.

Now , but, like here how many Pizza Places can you open? We had one owned by 3 Graduates of the CIA ( Culinary Institute of America ) I asked them what is going to set you apart from the nothers.. they each replied , Quality.. but lacked the Low Pricing..

Another had been in 40 locations in 40 yerars still his Gravy ( Sauce) is aweful..

Anoither gentlem an Irishman Chef from a Deli opened a Pizza place too and he had a low price per pie $5 and all the toppings.. he set the standard here.

Another has a 18 Inch pie ..

Same as Cruise Lines what makes each one better?

Those that do well succeeded well.