RC Soda Package Cups

Hi all!

Upcoming cruise on the Harmony — just bought the soda package. Do we know which souvenir cups are currently being used? Mariner gave the new ones with the straw last month, but have heard HOTS still uses the tumbler. Can anyone give any info?

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Just now, 90007012 said:

Hi all!

Upcoming cruise on the Harmony — just bought the soda package. Do we know which souvenir cups are currently being used? Mariner gave the new ones with the straw last month, but have heard HOTS still uses the tumbler. Can anyone give any info?

Thanks!!!

We were on Harmony last month and they had both styles of cups available.

I believe if you pre-order you get whichever cup they pick as it is waiting in your cabin. Not 100% sure it can be exchanged, even if still wrapped, if the "table" selling the packages is offering a choice.

8 minutes ago, maryred said:

I believe if you pre-order you get whichever cup they pick as it is waiting in your cabin. Not 100% sure it can be exchanged, even if still wrapped, if the "table" selling the packages is offering a choice.

You can exchange an unused cup.  The straw cups were not wrapped like the older cup version.

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Image may contain: drink

Are they hard, thick plastic or thin plastic?  I never liked the way the old ones crack easily if dropped, but they were pretty darn sturdy and kept drinks cold.

7 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

Are they hard, thick plastic or thin plastic?  I never liked the way the old ones crack easily if dropped, but they were pretty darn sturdy and kept drinks cold.

Not as thick walled as the slide top ones were.  But mine lasted with a few tumbles.

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

They are not the same type of plastic at all and are much thinner.  Not sure how sturdy they are as we opted for the older version as I didn't like the straw top, it seemed very cheap to us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlanetX said:

One good thing about the new containers is the handle. You won't drop it as often.  It is much easier to carry and take along with you. 

I'll be on HOTS on July 21.  Hope I still have a choice as I much prefer the old one.  I'm guessing they are trying to be environmentally conscious and not use disposable straws.  The old style has a slider on the lid that I use any ways so straws not mandatory.  I prefer it to hold temperature rather than forcing you to use the new straws and having to clean that straw often.

At the end of the day, the new one looks very disposable so more plastic in the trash than the old one.

• Like 1

Oh no, these look horrible, like something from a cheap movie cinema. Those straws will be hard to keep clean if there are sugary drinks going through them. 

The old ones kept the drink so cold and were perfectly fine as they were. 😢

Can anyone report on whether they do keep the drinks cold at all? 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, 90007012 said:

Hi all!

Thanks!!!

Pipe down!!! 

EF2C28B4-3EBF-440C-99D2-03A593A75FB3.jpeg

17 hours ago, M-H-B said:

Oh no, these look horrible, like something from a cheap movie cinema. Those straws will be hard to keep clean if there are sugary drinks going through them. 

The old ones kept the drink so cold and were perfectly fine as they were. 😢

Can anyone report on whether they do keep the drinks cold at all? 

I agree.  Not a fan AT ALL.  Love my insulated cup on the pool deck!  

This looks like something you'd get at a theme park.  Blech. 

We had these on the symphony in April. I had previously had the other style in the past. I liked the new style, it kept my drink cold and I could fit a lot of soda in it. I would clean it out in my room each day.  We did not attempt to exchange colors, we just used a sharpie to put our initials on each mug.

• Thanks 1