Sydney Ports update

Moving away from breakfasts for a moment ( I only had cereal & coffee this morning), I would be very interested in RCI cruises post the regular April season end. I may be getting old, but it seems to me that, despite global warming/climate change etc, Sydney winters are becoming more bleak, and a week or two cruising in May or June in warmer climes would be a big attraction. Maybe they can have some PNG/Solomons or similar itineraries?? Or even a Top Ender ending in Freo, before relocating to Asia??

I will keep my eyes peeled.

29 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Moving away from breakfasts for a moment ( I only had cereal & coffee this morning), I would be very interested in RCI cruises post the regular April season end. I may be getting old, but it seems to me that, despite global warming/climate change etc, Sydney winters are becoming more bleak, and a week or two cruising in May or June in warmer climes would be a big attraction. Maybe they can have some PNG/Solomons or similar itineraries?? Or even a Top Ender ending in Freo, before relocating to Asia??

I will keep my eyes peeled.

Mr walker

did you see the cruise to PNG 21/3/20 hosted by Bob Wurth going to ww2 battle sites.with some entertainment of the time 

That would be a good one.

Unfortunately  It’s with Princess, Be good if RC did something like that.

Edited by Chiliburn

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

It is only $35 mate, but it will keep you going for 24 hours, steak, chop, snag, bacon, chicken, mushroom, tomato, chips.  You could share it.

grill.jpg

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

It is only $35 mate, but it will keep you going for 24 hours, steak, chop, snag, bacon, chicken, mushroom, tomato, chips.  You could share it.

Obviously you have not met Gut......pretty sure he does not share his food with ANYONE😂😂

42 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Mr walker

did you see the cruise to PNG 21/3/20 hosted by Bob Wurth going to ww2 battle sites.with some entertainment of the time 

No, haven't seen that one, thanks for the heads up  - sounds very interesting. But to do that we would have to swap out a RCI cruise already booked around that time - can't get enough leave for all on our wish list. We would do it on Princess, but yes would like to see RCI do these types of cruises.

The one I had seen is P&O Dawn hosted by Matt McLachlan in Aug/Sep 2020

5 minutes ago, mr walker said:

No, haven't seen that one, thanks for the heads up  - sounds very interesting. But to do that we would have to swap out a RCI cruise already booked around that time - can't get enough leave for all on our wish list. We would do it on Princess, but yes would like to see RCI do these types of cruises.

The one I had seen is P&O Dawn hosted by Matt McLachlan in Aug/Sep 2020

There will be others, I’m afraid I wouldn’t bother with P&O.

In my younger years I did a WW2 tour of Micronesia which took in a lot of scuba diving.

That was to date my best experience.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah with Maxy.

You and Maxy would like to get your chompers into this full English brekkie, then, spare Maxy a snag, plenty there.

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 6/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, Chiliburn said:

Mr walker

Back in 2005, we did Pacific Princess 'Theatres of War Cruise.'  Brisvegas, Rabaul, Honiara Iwo Jima, Guam, Saipan, Okinawa, Hiroshima, ending in Osaka. Great, loads of war history and visits to sites.

BTW, what is wrong with Princess, it is my favoured cruise line, 22 and counting.  You 'Come Back New.' 

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Back in 2005, we did Pacific Princess 'Theatres of War Cruise.'  Brisvegas, Rabaul, Honiara Iwo Jima, Guam, Saipan, Okinawa, Hiroshima, ending in Osaka. Great, loads of war history and visits to sites.

BTW, what is wrong with Princess, it is my favoured cruise line, 22 and counting.  You 'Come Back New.' 

Think you mean “Come back Fat” (tm)

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

If you have built up some loyalty status on one line, the perks are hard to give up when you have to pay for the same stuff on another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

If you have built up some loyalty status on one line, the perks are hard to give up when you have to pay for the same stuff on another.

True, you pay a lot for the perks over the years, you may as well grab them.  I had $550 obc for Majestic in February, just devoured it booking our shorex.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

True, you pay a lot for the perks over the years, you may as well grab them.  I had $550 obc for Majestic in February, just devoured it booking our shorex.

On Royal, the Diamond club is Fantastic and there is free drinks between 5-8.30pm, and I can tell you, it takes a lot to give up and cruise on another line where drinks need to be bought over the same period.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

On Royal, the Diamond club is Fantastic and there is free drinks between 5-8.30pm, and I can tell you, it takes a lot to give up and cruise on another line where drinks need to be bought over the same period.

I bet the Diamond Club is jam packed on the Aussie cruises.🍷🍸🍺

Belive it or not with 28 cruises under my belt we have never set foot on a Royal Caribbean Line ship, closest relative was Celebrity Solstice.

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Belive it or not with 28 cruises under my belt we have never set foot on a Royal Caribbean Line ship, closest relative was Celebrity Solstice.

Nor had we, now got 44 nights booked with them.

Personally I’ve never seen much value in the perks, doubt I will ever get enough cruises up with Princess to get the few bucks OBC, if it was nights I’d be fine.

Diamond/platinum/elite lounge, as a non drinker nothing really there for us. Free laundry, have the detergents they use, much prefer to do a load myself with my own detergent, free mini bar, again as a non drinker who always has the soft drink package nothing really there for me.

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Personally I’ve never seen much value in the perks, doubt I will ever get enough cruises up with Princess to get the few bucks OBC, if it was nights I’d be fine.

Diamond/platinum/elite lounge, as a non drinker nothing really there for us. Free laundry, have the detergents they use, much prefer to do a load myself with my own detergent, free mini bar, again as a non drinker who always has the soft drink package nothing really there for me.

You can exchange the Elite mini bar for 'softies.'   I exchange most of it for little bottles of Dewars Scotch - for medicinal purposes, mixed with Canada Dry for when the seas play up.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes, they can get full. X and Royal have reciprocal rights so Elite gets you into the club.