Dresses for Vow Renewal

On 6/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, IrishLassie said:

Has anyone ever gotten anything from JJ's House ?

I never knew about them.  but I did a search to check the web site out.  Dresses look pretty.  but then looked for reviews, not so pretty.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/jjshouse.com

https://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1078389/jjshouse-scam

3 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I never knew about them.  but I did a search to check the web site out.  Dresses look pretty.  but then looked for reviews, not so pretty.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/jjshouse.com

https://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1078389/jjshouse-scam

Sounds like one of the many up and coming sites operating out of China or areas near China, that are plagued by complaints of clothing arriving and looking nothing like the picture on the website, delayed shipping, cheap materials and shoddy construction, inability to make returns or get refunds, and sizing that is way, way off.  For something as important as a wedding (or vow renewal) dress, I'd be wary of ordering from one of these "the price is too good to be true" foreign-based online retailers, and stick to brick and mortar stores, or established US-based companies.

Edited by waterbug123

13 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Sounds like one of the many up and coming sites operating out of China or areas near China, that are plagued by complaints of clothing arriving and looking nothing like the picture on the website, delayed shipping, cheap materials and shoddy construction, inability to make returns or get refunds, and sizing that is way, way off.  For something as important as a wedding (or vow renewal) dress, I'd be wary of ordering from one of these "the price is too good to be true" foreign-based online retailers, and stick to brick and mortar stores, or established US-based companies.

Ooh, I ordered something from one of those a couple of years ago.  Took forever to arrive and then was probably five sizes too small.

They are based in  150 Omicron Ct. Shepherdsville KY.  I get the $30. per year shipping.  Every thing that I buy for one year then gets ship to me at no extra cost.  I have also done returns, free.  If you don't like the product.  I love this site.  I got it from my cousin.  My orders come pretty fast.

my cousin ordered a pair of shoes and never got them.  They sent her another pair free.

51 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

They are based in  150 Omicron Ct. Shepherdsville KY.  I get the $30. per year shipping.  Every thing that I buy for one year then gets ship to me at no extra cost.  I have also done returns, free.  If you don't like the product.  I love this site.  I got it from my cousin.  My orders come pretty fast.

my cousin ordered a pair of shoes and never got them.  They sent her another pair free.

Thanks so much for the info.  Will check it out.

5 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

I ordered a Mother of the Bride dress from JJ House and ended up going to our local bridal shop to find a dress!!!  I was not happy with the dress ... sizing was fine ... workmanship was not.  Jan

Thanks so much.  I think I will try some of the bridal shops around here.

4 hours ago, IrishLassie said:

Thanks so much.  I think I will try some of the bridal shops around here.

If you have a Dillard’s or a  Macy’s give them a look. They have lovely dressy outfits. now that June  is over there are spectacular sales. We’re redoing our vows (50 years) on our Hawaii cruise.  I’m wearing this unless I find something I like better between now & September. I bought it for under $30 at Dillard’s 

9322C12F-7783-4627-8502-0509DD3DA95C.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, awhfy said:

If you have a Dillard’s or a  Macy’s give them a look. They have lovely dressy outfits. now that June  is over there are spectacular sales. We’re redoing our vows (50 years) on our Hawaii cruise.  I’m wearing this unless I find something I like better between now & September. I bought it for under $30 at Dillard’s 

9322C12F-7783-4627-8502-0509DD3DA95C.jpeg

Oh, that's so pretty & yes, we have a Dillard's & Macy's.  I'm actually looking for a tea length or knee length wedding dress in Ivory or a Blush, but will check out those stores too.  Thanks for the info.