Equinox revolution - any changes to Aqua Class cabins, Spa and Blu?

UniPac

Hello everyone!

I know there a quite a few threads regarding the dry dock of Equinox. However, I didn't find answers on my questions - maybe because some threads are very long with dozen of pages. I apologize if this has been answered before.

1. Did the Aqua class staterooms get any upgrades or changes or only suites? From what I read, the balcony furniture changed for all staterooms and there might be new mattrasses.

2. Any changes to the Spa?

3. Blu - new menu maybe?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Ingo

On 6/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, UniPac said:

Hello everyone!

I know there a quite a few threads regarding the dry dock of Equinox. However, I didn't find answers on my questions - maybe because some threads are very long with dozen of pages. I apologize if this has been answered before.

1. Did the Aqua class staterooms get any upgrades or changes or only suites? From what I read, the balcony furniture changed for all staterooms and there might be new mattrasses.

3. Blu - new menu maybe?

Ingo

They eliminated the footstools on the balcony in the Aqua and Concierge cabins. This s a major disappointment for many.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, UniPac said:

Hello everyone!

3. Blu - new menu maybe?

Ingo

Guten tag, I don't know much about this cruise line but my wife follows an Equinox facebook group that's more active than this board. She was telling me they they're still preforming the re-fitment during certain port days. Literally throwing out furniture and materials at a port and installing new ones on the same day. She also said that Celebrity won't be done with the *total* refurb until 2021. We're booked for aqua class in Nov and with a toddler, we were hoping we'd have new carpeting in the room. I think the take away from all of this is that the Equinox will be changing over time, week to week. We're just sitting back watching the trip reports drip in.

Edited by ShipMonster
spelling

We just got off the 6/15 sailing of the Equinox. Aquaclass cabin on the hump. The ship looks terrific. Not a lot of significant changes in the cabins. We did have a new mattress that was very comfortable. Also new carpet in the cabin, and the new furniture on the balcony. Other than that, not much was changed in the cabins. Overall, the ship was very clean and in excellent condition. No new menus in Blu, and we never made it to the Persian gardens, so can't really comment on the spa.

I have read on other threads that suites were not touched except for new balcony furniture and that Aqua and Concierge cabins got new drapes, carpet and furniture. Other cabins only balcony furniture. 

51 minutes ago, ShipMonster said:

Guten tag, I don't know much about this cruise line but my wife follows an Equinox facebook group that's more active than this board. She was telling me they they're still preforming the re-fitment during certain port days. Literally throwing out furniture and materials at a port and installing new ones on the same day. She also said that Celebrity won't be done with the *total* refurb until 2021. We're booked for aqua class in Nov and with a toddler, we were hoping we'd have new carpeting in the room. I think the take away from all of this is that the Equinox will be changing over time, week to week. We're just sitting back watching the trip reports drip in.

This is intended as a polite question, not trying to be confrontational (at all). You mention being booked in AQ with a toddler. To my knowledge, AQ allows only double occupancy, so I'm wondering if there has been a change to that policy, overall, or in certain staterooms?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Member123 said:

This is intended as a polite question, not trying to be confrontational (at all). You mention being booked in AQ with a toddler. To my knowledge, AQ allows only double occupancy, so I'm wondering if there has been a change to that policy, overall, or in certain staterooms?

I was thinking the same thing!  These cabins, to my knowledge, only sleep two passengers and really not enough space for a crib or cot.  Perhaps, there have been recent changes and I'm hoping the OP will let us know.  Also, a toddler in Blu might be an issue for some folks looking for a quiet and child-free venue.

I also am wondering about 3 in a Aqua cabin.

I just tried to do mock bookings on a couple of ships and when I put in 2 adults and 1 child Aqua showed as unavailable.  Remove 1 person and Aqua was available.  

So looks like no change to occupancy limit if 2

1 hour ago, ShipMonster said:

Please let us know how you booked Aqua Class with a toddler.  These cabins are for two people only and perhaps you did not tell whoever you booked with (direct with Celebrity res agent or independent travel agent) and they are unaware that you would be bringing a child with you.

Yes, We’re thinking the same thing. Two to a room.  In all the sailing we have done in Aqua Class, we have never seen a child.

We hope they check with their ta for confirmation before any disappointments at the last minute.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Member123 said:

40 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I was thinking the same thing!  These cabins, to my knowledge, only sleep two passengers and really not enough space for a crib or cot.  Perhaps, there have been recent changes and I'm hoping the OP will let us know.  Also, a toddler in Blu might be an issue for some folks looking for a quiet and child-free venue.

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There has been no policy change regarding double occupancy restriction.  Perhaps there is another person involved but not named? A nanny or another relative so that there would be two staterooms booked?

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I also am wondering about 3 in a Aqua cabin.

I just tried to do mock bookings on a couple of ships and when I put in 2 adults and 1 child Aqua showed as unavailable.  Remove 1 person and Aqua was available.  

So looks like no change to occupancy limit if 2

5 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Please let us know how you booked Aqua Class with a toddler.  These cabins are for two people only and perhaps you did not tell whoever you booked with (direct with Celebrity res agent or independent travel agent) and they are unaware that you would be bringing a child with you.

4 minutes ago, albi said:

Yes, We’re thinking the same thing. Two to a room.  In all the sailing we have done in Aqua Class, we have never seen a child.

We hope they check with their ta for confirmation before any disappointments at the last minute.

Haha this forum is a trip. We never said it was just the 3 of us traveling. If this was a treasure hunt Cruisestitch would've won. Don't worry guys Celebrity knows how many people we're bringing, they even offered us a crib and a high chair. But thanks for your concern.

20 minutes ago, ShipMonster said:

Haha this forum is a trip. We never said it was just the 3 of us traveling. If this was a treasure hunt Cruisestitch would've won. Don't worry guys Celebrity knows how many people we're bringing, they even offered us a crib and a high chair. But thanks for your concern.

Lesson here folks.......... Never ASSume :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShipMonster said:

Shipmonster - I just joined the Equinox roll call and noticed we're on the same sailing!  Would you mind sharing the name of the Equinox facebook group that your wife has been following (is that against the rules on these boards?!) .  I'm excited to learn about the continued changes. 

Props to X for figuring out how to rework the renovations due to circumstances beyond their control!

8 minutes ago, mysparky said:

Shipmonster - I just joined the Equinox roll call and noticed we're on the same sailing!  Would you mind sharing the name of the Equinox facebook group that your wife has been following (is that against the rules on these boards?!) .  I'm excited to learn about the continued changes. 

Props to X for figuring out how to rework the renovations due to circumstances beyond their control!

Well hello shipmate. My wife says the group is called Celebrity equinox, and within that group is subdivisions for each cruise. I'm not into the FB groups as they're too much for me (it seems this forum is too haha) but the FB group has current photos and information for the cruises happened right now. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, UniPac said:

Hello everyone!

3. Blu - new menu maybe?

Ingo

This pic was updated on X site for the EQ. From what I have read from others experiences the AQUA and Concierge are updated with new drapes, carpet, mattresses, linens, art, etc... This should sum up the new look you can expect for Aqua.

X EQ SR.PNG

1 hour ago, ShipMonster said:

Would it have been so hard to share this information with us in your first post?  If we knew that you had booked more than one cabin, our responses would have been much different.  Just a little advice for the next time, no disrespect intended.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Would it have been so hard to share this information with us in your first post?  If we knew that you had booked more than one cabin, our responses would have been much different.  Just a little advice for the next time, no disrespect intended.  Enjoy your cruise!

I was addressing the OP, not you. My comments were about the cabins, and my statement about having a kid was in regards to the carpeting, not about how many people we booked. You took that duty onto yourself and garnered my response because of it. It looks like you're the one whom may need advice and what to post on the boards, not me.... No disrespect intended.

P.S. We will enjoy BLU with our toddler. If someone wants a "child free venue" they should've booked an adult cruise. 

• Like 1

Uh-oh. That cabin picture shows no above the bed head board storage. Please tell me that storage still exists in CC and Aqua class cabins. I saw a previous picture on another thread that showed that storage area still in cabins.

8 hours ago, DrivnMike said:

We just got off the 6/15 sailing of the Equinox. Aquaclass cabin on the hump. The ship looks terrific. Not a lot of significant changes in the cabins. We did have a new mattress that was very comfortable. Also new carpet in the cabin, and the new furniture on the balcony. Other than that, not much was changed in the cabins. Overall, the ship was very clean and in excellent condition. No new menus in Blu, and we never made it to the Persian gardens, so can't really comment on the spa.

Thank you for the information. 

On our last cruise, the art work about the ship was sparse.  Was not up to the "standards" on other S-class ships.  This may have been related to the upcoming renovation.  Did the art work appear to be refreshed?

8 hours ago, ShipMonster said:

P.S. We will enjoy BLU with our toddler. If someone wants a "child free venue" they should've booked an adult cruise. 

For the most part, with small exceptions like yours, Blu is pretty much child free.  To me, there's little risk and I enjoy the more quiet and relaxed atmosphere of Blu.  

9 hours ago, ShipMonster said:

Hopefully you’ll also remove said toddler if they start to be noisy or fussy? In Blu or any other cruise restaurant, it’s not nice to have one’s relaxing vacation dinner ruined by noisy children (whose parents are often so used to the din that they don’t realize how disruptive their darling is being for everyone else). 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Hopefully you’ll also remove said toddler if they start to be noisy or fussy? In Blu or any other cruise restaurant, it’s not nice to have one’s relaxing vacation dinner ruined by noisy children (whose parents are often so used to the din that they don’t realize how disruptive their darling is being for everyone else). 

Good grief. This place is not a parenting forum. ShipMonster came here to discuss the refurb and posit some legitimate questions. Somehow the sleuths here have uncovered a change to occupancy policy in AQ cabins and that he is also going to disrespect the other diners in Blu.

ShipMonster correctly pointed out that everyone took it upon themselves to find out how he had 3 guests in AQ. As a frequent cruiser with 2 children under 4 I may be overly sensitive but it gets old hearing how no one wants their meal or cruise ruined by some unruly children. In my experience the adults are more poorly behaved than any children I have seen on Celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1