rci drinks packages

ninsim

New poster.  Was advised he/she should post with a title for better response.  Though not necessary, I think this thread was probably a reaction to that advice.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

New poster.  Was advised he/she should post with a title for better response.  Though not necessary, I think this thread was probably a reaction to that advice.  

Yep. My fault :classic_blush:

New poster & I advised they they include a title when posting.

I was kinda thinking about future posts :classic_biggrin:

No harm done, nothing to see here, move along please :classic_smile:

JB :classic_smile:

4 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Yep. My fault :classic_blush:

New poster & I advised they they include a title when posting.

I was kinda thinking about future posts :classic_biggrin:

No harm done, nothing to see here, move along please :classic_smile:

JB :classic_smile:

Yep, it was good advice!

8 hours ago, ninsim said:

Hi we have purchased a deluxe drinks package  for independence of seas can we use this in the main restaurant to order individual  glasses of wine?

Welcome to Cruise Critic, ninsim! Excuse our bickering, kids will be kids.

You can use the package in any dining room or drinking establishment on the ship, including from bar servers roaming the decks. Not on resort islands, for the minibar, or for room service. If in doubt, ask the server "will this be covered by my package?" Watch out for special glasses; on other lines we have been told "the drink is covered" only to find out there was a price for the pretty shot glass it came in! (I have a nice collection tho!) I'm not saying that RCI ever does this.

We also didn't eat in any specialty upcharge restaurants; on HAL you can get a drink from the covered list. Someone will correct me if it isn't so.

• Like 1

We always have that deluxe package, and order wine by the glass in the MDR. After a day or two, the waiter knows our wine order and has it ready as we sit (and brings refills......)

........and, yes, RCL do DO the 'fancy welcome aboard drink in a fancy (plastic) glass' trick. Two slurps into it and theres the chit to be signed to pay for the souvenir glass.

• Like 1

Realize that some wines by the glass are above the amount covered by the drinks package, so will have an additional charge.

But you only pay the difference, plus 18% service fee (on the extra only).

So if on your cruise, the drink cap is $13, if you order a wine that is $18 per glass, you would pay the $5 plus 18% of that $5.

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, ninsim! Excuse our bickering, kids will be kids.

You can use the package in any dining room or drinking establishment on the ship, including from bar servers roaming the decks. Not on resort islands, for the minibar, or for room service. If in doubt, ask the server "will this be covered by my package?" Watch out for special glasses; on other lines we have been told "the drink is covered" only to find out there was a price for the pretty shot glass it came in! (I have a nice collection tho!) I'm not saying that RCI ever does this.

We also didn't eat in any specialty upcharge restaurants; on HAL you can get a drink from the covered list. Someone will correct me if it isn't so.

Clarification for Royal Caribbean line -- ALL drink packages (booze and non-booze and soda/pop) include the "private islands" of Coco Cay and Labadee.   

This may not be the case on all cruise lines, but for Royal, your package works on the private island stops.

• Like 2

We found package covers almost every drink except extremely high end , covers all 12 year old scotch’s and some older , we do go over limit on some wines by the glass, independence of the seas has a 12 dollar limit I believe, so if we want to order a glass of wine that is 15 you pay the difference which would be 3 dollars plus 18 percent so 3.54. Package includes soda and water by bottle including sparkling water , we find this to be a good deal. Enjoy your cruise and drink package. There is also no limit to number of drinks. Some lines cut you off at 15 rccl does not. 

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Clarification for Royal Caribbean line -- ALL drink packages (booze and non-booze and soda/pop) include the "private islands" of Coco Cay and Labadee.   

Thanks Brillo! I believe it is not like that on HAL! Although I have not (yet) sailed the Caribbean where the Private Islands are.

COOL BEANS that RCI drink packages are valid on private islands.

I always welcome correction when I am in error. How else can I improve?!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks Brillo! I believe it is not like that on HAL! Although I have not (yet) sailed the Caribbean where the Private Islands are.

COOL BEANS that RCI drink packages are valid on private islands.

I always welcome correction when I am in error. How else can I improve?!!

I do think it was HAL or maybe Princess that I saw someone comment that the private island doesn't accept the drink package.  But Royal definitely does, which is a huge benefit to those who get a drink package. 

If you treat it like a beach day and don't pay for all the available extra excursions and activities, a private island stop can be entirely free... and who doesn't love free fun!

• Like 1