Draught beer package?

AndyMichelle

Morning,

Does anybody know any more about the draught beer package we saw last week on Aurora?

Is it a trial or is it fleet wide?

Can it be used in any bar as only saw it advertised in Champions?

It was offered to us too late in the holiday so didn't look too closely at the details.

I think it was 10/20 pint packages for up to 15% discount.

This seems good value considering the already reasonable beer prices.

Note to self.... Pay more attention!!!

Andy

54 minutes ago, dazlight said:

Unlucky mate. I’ve not read about it though. I’ll ask when I get on mine 

Just seen a post on Face ache of somebody on board Aurora now, I didn't imagine it, it does exist.

A pint of Peroni would equate to around £4 after discount and Fosters about £3.40. Hope it is more than a trial.

Andy

17 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

I wonder whether this works like a coffee card ie you can share one? Thanks for posting 

As it is a discount on individual drinks, I think you could, but I ain't sharing with anyone!!!

Andy

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Hopefully this will be rolled out to other ships.  As an aside, who on earth drinks John Smith's  - probably the worst beer in the world!

Just because you do not like it doesnt mean that everyone else should feel the same and this forum is not the place to make personal silly comments. I am sure there are drinks that you like that others think are horrible but all being different makes the world go round and would be a funny place if we all liked and disliked the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Just because you do not like it doesnt mean that everyone else should feel the same and this forum is not the place to make personal silly comments. I am sure there are drinks that you like that others think are horrible but all being different makes the world go round and would be a funny place if we all liked and disliked the same.

You obviously did not get the allusion to Carling, did you? Next time I make a semi- humorous comment, I'll write "joke"  after it, so you will not take it as seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

Hopefully this will be rolled out to other ships.  As an aside, who on earth drinks John Smith's  - probably the worst beer in the world!

you have my vote on john smith's being swill massed produced cheap beer,reminds me of brew 11 another dish wash beer.

Edited by Bazrat
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

P&O Aurora this is the life.

It seems like it is only Aurora at the minute, but hopefully it will spread across the fleet.

Andy

image.png

Although the screenshot lists some beer, it was being offered on all draught beers.

Other passengers were drinking something that resembles pond water, I think it was called Ghost Ship?

Andy

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

You obviously did not get the allusion to Carling, did you? Next time I make a semi- humorous comment, I'll write "joke"  after it, so you will not take it as seriously. 

If you are going to try and make a joke do try to get the punch line right, its Carlsberg not Carling you were imitating.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Although the screenshot lists some beer, it was being offered on all draught beers.

Other passengers were drinking something that resembles pond water, I think it was called Ghost Ship?

Andy

ghost ship was in there outlet it was on special offer the party seven size so i bought a couple to try,than doing a bit of shopping the wife was smiling never a good sign because it was cheaper in tesco's it was not very good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you are going to try and make a joke do try to get the punch line right, its Carlsberg not Carling you were imitating.

both are made in big sterile factory's without any love involved.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Probably the worst joke I have ever tried to make!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

At least its better than having to drink Budweiser on a US ship!

Simon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sddsddean said:

At least its better than having to drink Budweiser on a US ship!

Simon

I still have nightmares of when we visited the states for the first time Ice cold beer which tasted of nothing,

Ghost Ship is made by Adnam's of Southwold in Suffolk, a relatively small UK brewer but not what you would call artisan.  It is apparently named after one of their pubs which is 600 years old and reputedly haunted.