LIVE Tauck: Amsterdam to Budapest 6/29/19-7/15/19

HBCcruiser

The hotel exteriors look really grand. And a nice view from your room. But who put that Lego brick in the picture? 😉 Seriously, some architects.

Saw the Esprit sailing downstream the other day and thought of you. She must be in Amsterdam by now awaiting you.

Have a nice meal and a good night's rest.

notamermaid

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

The hotel exteriors look really grand. And a nice view from your room. But who put that Lego brick in the picture? 😉 Seriously, some architects.

Saw the Esprit sailing downstream the other day and thought of you. She must be in Amsterdam by now awaiting you.

Have a nice meal and a good night's rest.

notamermaid

Thanks! I know. Such an overall pretty city though. We board at 3:30 tomorrow.

at La Rive for dinner. Lots of yummy appetizers to start. Chef specialties. 

B1EA3264-3E1A-4E32-A5E7-4257B34784BB.jpeg

43D51317-46DA-4093-9887-11FF6463304A.jpeg

58C62CE7-061C-40B3-9207-EDFCAA958F0A.jpeg

C534C366-E929-42CE-A8EC-C8A376FD6D4F.jpeg

3B8F8E97-1C06-43B9-9973-B87490B6ECF4.jpeg

Which canal hop on hop off did you do? We will be in Amsterdam Sunday for precruise AMA Rhine cruise. 

I walk with a cane. Could you tell me if it will be difficult to board/unboard from the boats? Enjoying your report.

1 hour ago, Pompein said:

Which canal hop on hop off did you do? We will be in Amsterdam Sunday for precruise AMA Rhine cruise. 

I walk with a cane. Could you tell me if it will be difficult to board/unboard from the boats? Enjoying your report.

We booked it through Viator.com. As long as someone can help you on and off you should be ok. 

• Like 1

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

We booked it through Viator.com. As long as someone can help you on and off you should be ok. 

When I get back to the room I’ll take pictures of the brochure for you. Also, I’ll post from today.

3A1FCD19-4EFE-4BF7-87D0-BBA2F72ED825.jpeg

Enjoy your trip.  I will be reading your updates as I am in the same itinerary in September.

Which time did you select for you Anne Frank museum visit?  I am also playing to visit in Embarkation Day.

Thanks

Edited by jagoffee

Welcome on board the wonderful Esprit!  We were on a few  years ago , on a similar itinerary.  You have a fabulous cruise ahead of you, enjoy every minute!

And thanks for the great photos, really enjoying them.

Bob

On 6/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks! I give the food here a 5 out of 10 forks. It is an airport after all🤣🤣

8F77E5D8-FB61-40C5-BED8-788E87AF0DF6.jpeg

Seriously?? Just an airport?  I mean...you're in the business class lounge sipping on wine and eating some pretty nice looking food there AND also apparently flying first class. What about the average Joe that's waiting in line for 15 minutes to get fast food at the Chick-fil-A, then finding his cramped seat in economy sandwiched between 2 or 3 other people for the next 6-7 hours?  Or the throngs of folks who not in their wildest dreams could even begin to think about ever doing a trip such as a Tauck river adventure. All of us here should feel VERY fortunate that we're among probably the 1% of the world's population who have the means to do such travel. This was pointed out to me during a sabbath service message given by a cruise ship officer. His remarks changed my life and how I view luxury travel. Most of my friends and family would be tickled pink to be able to sit in comfort in a first-class lounge and airplane seat. My wife and I are the only ones out of anyone I know that have done it. I sort of feel just a tad guilty every time. Anyway, have a great trip....

Edited by gretschwhtfalcon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Enjoy your trip.  I will be reading your updates as I am in the same itinerary in September.

Which time did you select for you Anne Frank museum visit?  I am also playing to visit in Embarkation Day.

Thanks

We booked for 11:15-11:30. It worked out perfectly. We had to be at the hotel ready to depart at 3. Enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Seriously?? Just an airport?  I mean...you're in the business class lounge sipping on wine and eating some pretty nice looking food there AND also apparently flying first class. What about the average Joe that's waiting in line for 15 minutes to get fast food at the Chick-fil-A, then finding his cramped seat in economy sandwiched between 2 or 3 other people for the next 6-7 hours?  Or the throngs of folks who not in their wildest dreams could even begin to think about ever doing a trip such as a Tauck river adventure. All of us here should feel VERY fortunate that we're among probably the 1% of the world's population who have the means to do such travel. This was pointed out to me during a sabbath service message given by a cruise ship officer. His remarks changed my life and how I view luxury travel. Most of my friends and family would be tickled pink to be able to sit in comfort in a first-class lounge and airplane seat. My wife and I are the only ones out of anyone I know that have done it. I sort of feel just a tad guilty every time. Anyway, have a great trip....

Believe me I am very appreciative of the fact that I have a great job that allows me to take these trips with my mother. I work to live and to be able to make memories with those that I love.  Thankfully, Tauck offers GREAT deals when you book air travel through them. We are flying business class at an extremely reasonable rate. I rank/rate food so others may make their future food selections accordingly. It’s all in fun. Cheers!🥂

• Like 3