LIVE Tauck: Amsterdam to Budapest 6/29/19-7/15/19

HBCcruiser

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Tauck hosted s fruit party in the afternoon. We also got to see the NEW imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377yet unfinished Tauck ship pass us. It’s just a hull. Weird!

D9A5249E-C46B-46A3-871F-1B71AFC02F65.jpeg

Exciting! Is this the MS Andorinha, their first ship for the Douro? She has been built at Vahali shipyard in Serbia in cooperation with Scylla in Switzerland. If it is her then she is being transferred to the Netherlands to get her interior fitted out.

notamermaid

HBC -  thank you for your ongoing review.  It is very helpful.  I have noticed that the dinner menu often includes an Indian entree.  While I see that you and your Mother have not chosen it, I am wondering whether you have heard any feedback from other passengers on those entrees.  

Also, one of your posts addressed a concern that I have.  Are you satisfied with the pace of the tours or do find them too slow and or sedentary?  Thank you for your input.

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ok so the waiter- he told he was still drunk because he celebrated a birthday with friends the night before 😳. He also forgot to bring soup to someone in our group then got upset when we asked him to remove it from our tab. He said he’d rather just bring the soup. We told him that we had to leave. He then started complaining about other wait staff who were supposed to bring the soup and said he’d have to pay for it. We wound up leaving him a large tip which more than covered for it. Just an odd experience.

The bakery was in town. You will walk right by it! So yummy! 

Interesting indeed!  He was not, thankfully, representative of restaurant service in Germany, at least as I have experienced it over the years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

The Melk Abby had marvelous views. We were not permitted to take photos inside, but the chapel was beautiful. All of that gold, glamour and paintings! 

D9BD8C8D-189D-4589-9822-11CB10AB45C3.jpeg

9D139366-E8D6-491F-8D4D-B9975B0E6F89.jpeg

E9CCF0B9-64AB-459A-82D7-A5DB91A4D72A.jpeg

B91A34C1-8E3B-4AF4-8F20-83B18FE2B10A.jpeg

748F886A-C184-4932-B294-0BB783C22ACF.jpeg

'But did they tell you WHY no photos inside??? Used to be able to ...until a few idiots decided to take selfies of themselves posing stupidly and even irreverently in front of some of the religious articles, statues, etc. There are signs that mention this as you come out of the library. So instances like that ruined it for everyone. Insensitivity and disrespect. Worst ever, though, are these fearless (more like clueless) people who decide to take a selfie REALLY close to the edge of a cliff in the National Parks.....ooops!!!  Oh well...

Edited by gretschwhtfalcon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, laverendrye said:

Interesting indeed!  He was not, thankfully, representative of restaurant service in Germany, at least as I have experienced it over the years.

I probably wouldn't have left any tip....though in his inebriated state he may have come after you....

On 7/8/2019 at 2:28 AM, HBCcruiser said:

We did the walking tour of Nurnberg which was ok. Our tour guide walked way too slow for us but it was nice to see the town. She did a nice job of showing us all of the damage done to the town during WWII and the rebuilding that occurred after the war. All of the shops were closed so no shopping for us. Boo!

96D0850F-14DB-4F8F-8D6D-26CE88B45A3D.jpeg

4D893A0B-46A1-4262-BDB0-314C412730C7.jpeg

88838940-F9F7-428F-9FF6-BDCEEC273970.jpeg

713A6FF3-8805-417E-82DE-D24775A82B98.jpeg

E79E477E-7A49-486C-A221-225544336882.jpeg

E2887900-A3C9-4F5A-AAD8-71E7387C63FC.jpeg

I totally applaud these towns in Europe who close shops on Sundays. It was like that when I was growing up - no gas stations on Sundays either. Nothing is sacred anymore in our 24/7 society the way it seems!  

27 minutes ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Worst ever, though, are these fearless (more like clueless) people who decide to take a selfie REALLY close to the edge of a cliff in the National Parks.....ooops!!!  Oh well...

The Darwin Awards were started for people like that. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Aww, I can't believe it's over - I have hurried to my computer every morning to read and enjoy your posts.  THANK YOU for taking the time to share your trip again !!  Very much appreciated.  Safe trip home !

Linda

• Like 2