Pickleball on Carnival ships?

mikenbon

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah. On Conquest class, the sports deck is tucked between walls forward and aft.

Carnival_Glory_Sports_Deck.jpg

I don't know why Carnival decided to put a huge observatory-sky-dome-thingy when they could have easily made a full sized sports court.

19 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

When I was in physical education quite a while back in middle school (5+ years), I never played Pickleball. Schools must be beginning to implement this. 

giphy.gif

Grasshopper, you do put reference on history for me, “quite a while back”.........5 years (LOL).  That said,  pickle ball is something they should consider, thanks Op for asking.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I don't know why Carnival decided to put a huge observatory-sky-dome-thingy when they could have easily made a full sized sports court.

I believe that is ambiance to lido below........

Now I am intrigued!

Sounds like fun and decent exercise for the aging population (ie me!).

Had never heard of this and both my husband and I are PE teachers.

Hope to to see this in some ships we will be sailing soon!

I love pickle ball!  There are companies that now run "pickleball cruises" and pickleball land vacays.  I was on the CCL Conquest this past March, and right next to us at one of the ports was a P & O cruise ship-  a line which I had never heard of until I researched it and found it was a Carnival brand.  As I sat on my balcony, I saw they were setting up a pickleball net on their volleyball/basketball court, which was also lined for pickleball.  Unfortunately, we left before they started playing.  I would have sat watching for a bit. 

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Grasshopper, you do put reference on history for me, “quite a while back”.........5 years (LOL).  That said,  pickle ball is something they should consider, thanks Op for asking.

SHHHHH! I'm not thaaaat young! Lol!

10 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

observatory-sky-dome-thingy? Is that the official technical name?  if not, it should be! :-) 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, jbethel11 said:

The only way this could work would be on like an Oasis Class Ship, where the wind is minimal as the multi-sports court is located at the back of the ship covered in netting. 

We were on Holland America recently and my husband played every chance he got.  It was windy, and made it pretty difficult at times, but they changed sides regularly to even out the disadvantage to both teams.

2 hours ago, Eclipse ecs said:

We were on Holland America recently and my husband played every chance he got.  It was windy, and made it pretty difficult at times, but they changed sides regularly to even out the disadvantage to both teams.

It's  on HA.....that proves it's a game for the blue haired set.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
58 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I know this is 3 years too late but....

Carnival announced recently that pickleball will now be available on Carnival Panorama.

WOW!!  Do you have a link?  This is huge news to us Pickleballers!!

So, found this on the page that shall not be mentioned.  A direct quote from John Heald:

We have now added the game of Pickleball or is it Pickle Ball? Anyway this fun game of short tennis is available on Carnival Panorama only for now but if popular we will add to other ships as well.