Original Azamara Logo

tgg

For those who are interested in the rebranding, I thought I'd post something with the original logo.

This bag measures 20" wide and 14" high, is fully lined and has an big inside zippered pocked.  The outside has a nice slip pocket. It is made from very sturdy canvas-like material and the straps are long and substantial.  This bag was provided to owner's suites. (We weren't sailing in one. A lovely couple we knew who stayed on the ship for weeks at a time got a new one with each cruise and asked if we'd like it. It was an easy YES THANKS.) I thought this logo was just fine and was sorry when it was changed the first time.20190625_122301.thumb.jpg.54f43f5adbcaffd3293fa06a788abe56.jpg

The bag is probably 10 years old and holds up like a Lands' End tote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tgg said:

If only Land's End had held up as well.  I hope that now that they are free of the Sears embrace they will live long and prosper.

14 hours ago, tgg said:

For those who are interested in the rebranding, I thought I'd post something with the original logo.

This bag measures 20" wide and 14" high, is fully lined and has an big inside zippered pocked.  The outside has a nice slip pocket. It is made from very sturdy canvas-like material and the straps are long and substantial.  This bag was provided to owner's suites. (We weren't sailing in one. A lovely couple we knew who stayed on the ship for weeks at a time got a new one with each cruise and asked if we'd like it. It was an easy YES THANKS.) I thought this logo was just fine and was sorry when it was changed the first time.20190625_122301.thumb.jpg.54f43f5adbcaffd3293fa06a788abe56.jpg

I have seen that bag but it has been years. I have a blue one from 2010 that is solid blue I think has a little tag on it saying Azamara.  So much classier than having  the big white lettering .

7 hours ago, ellbon said:

I have seen that bag but it has been years. I have a blue one from 2010 that is solid blue I think has a little tag on it saying Azamara.  So much classier than having  the big white lettering .

I agree, we have several of the early ones without the logo emblazoned on them, they also seemed to be better quality. 

• Like 1

I remember  them painting the ships  from all white. Like the all white as it stood out from other ships. i started wiyh drinks not included and  discounted shore ex. when that change i started looking more and more  at private tours. Now i am about 50/50 on tours.

7 hours ago, Lottie A said:

I'm probably in the minority but I much preferred the ship's look when they were all white. 

I liked the ships in all white too. It was a crisp, clean look. 

5 hours ago, ellbon said:

Many of  us prefered the all white.  who in Mia changed the color? meaning Edie or Larry or who? I miss that all white  look.

It was before Edie. I believe it was Larry who had the idea from his days at SeaDream with the ships having the same colour. 

Phil 

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I much prefer the blue. Much classier and as Captain Johannes pointed out in the decision making process, it hides the the marks better when the ship bumps against the rubber fenders when it docks for example. Not so much painting!

Phil

That does make sense, actually you can still see the white paint( P and O) showing through in places on Pursuit.

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I much prefer the blue. Much classier and as Captain Johannes pointed out in the decision making process, it hides the the marks better when the ship bumps against the rubber fenders when it docks for example. Not so much painting!

Phil 

I agree.  When it was first done I wasn’t convinced but now when I’m in a dock with other  white ships I love the distinct look of Azamara,.  At a Q and A on an LCV cruise just after it was done Larry said it was his decision it created a clearer identity differentiating from others and had the added bonus of needing less painting as scuffs didn’t show. I’m sure there was also a statement that less painting was better for the environment but I might be muddling that with a different Q and A and change. 

• Like 2

Personally I don't think the ships look distinct in any way from the many other dark blue hulled ships out there. Think Marella, Pullmantur, Cunard, Holland America etc. I think the all white look was much classier like Silversea, Seabourn and Viking. Just my opinion. Others may not agree. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Personally I don't think the ships look distinct in any way from the many other dark blue hulled ships out there. Think Marella, Pullmantur, Cunard, Holland America etc. I think the all white look was much classier like Silversea, Seabourn and Viking. Just my opinion. Others may not agree. 

Agree 100%! 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ok Lottie. You've already told us you prefer the white. I don't think they are about to change the colour so it's a moot discussion.  It is what it is. 

Phil 

Nobody is asking them to Phil. However we are allowed to have different opinions. 

20 hours ago, ellbon said:

I remember  them painting the ships  from all white. Like the all white as it stood out from other ships. i started wiyh drinks not included and  discounted shore ex. when that change i started looking more and more  at private tours. Now i am about 50/50 on tours.

I also remember the discounted shore tours.  Originally 50% off, which made them reasonable value and then 25% - not so much so.  Better than now though.  Very rarely take a ships tour anymore. 

I well remember the introduction of inclusive wine with meals.  We had an existing cruise booked on the Quest and Azamara tried to increase the cost by 30%.  Fortunately our TA said no way and we kept the cruise at the original price.  I can remember very long lunch hours on sea days back then when the wine was only served in the restaurants. [Followed by a few hours "resting" in the cabin in the afternoon.]  We've put the world to rights on many such an occasion.  Sadly friends we cruised with back then are no longer with us or no longer able to cruise.

I assume that the decision to paint the hulls was made by Miami but Carl always claimed that he chose the new colour [Midnight Blue].

Alan

3 hours ago, berkshireboy said:

I assume that the decision to paint the hulls was made by Miami but Carl always claimed that he chose the new colour [Midnight Blue].

Alan

Carl told us this as well, based on his time on Minerva II,

F58E4AA3-0F8E-4284-9ED5-7830EE2B2ACE.thumb.jpeg.c9561a230dc57ddfade2e9317a7823c7.jpeg

This is was Minerva II in 2006, now of course Pursuit, Carl also said if you look carefully you can still see the outline of the swan on the funnel.

7 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

At a q and a just after dry dock, Larry said he didn't try out blue colors.  He used the same blue Disney spent mega bucks researching 

Yes although Carl likes to claim it, it was Larry’s decision