Medallion Shipping Notice

Ep010835

Just received an email from Princess that our Medallions have shipped for our 7/13 cruise. CB out of Port Everglades.  We are in the US. 

The interesting part isn’t that the Medallions shipped but that they shipped via FedEx from Doral, FL. 

The last ones we received were sent via DHL from Singapore. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Just received an email from Princess that our Medallions have shipped for our 7/13 cruise. CB out of Port Everglades.  We are in the US. 

The interesting part isn’t that the Medallions shipped but that they shipped via FedEx from Doral, FL. 

And the point is?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

And the point is?

I take the point to be that they are no longer shipping from Singapore.  Maybe they'll arrive more quickly...?  And to let us know the timing of when they are currently shipping prior to the cruise.  I am sailing soon on my first medallion ship soon so I am interested in knowing.

• Like 1

Two and a half weeks before embarking is cutting it pretty close. Plenty of people have lengthy travel plans in advance of their cruise so they end up penalized by having to go through old-school check-in at the pier. And will they have a spare Medallion in the proper color at the ready given that the records show it was received pre-cruise?

So since I sail two weeks after the OP I will be watching my e-mail closely. And as I gave a different e-mail address for the Medallion (one set up for alerts on my phone) rather than the one I have on my Captain's Circle account (an ancient Yahoo address for all my travel junk mail) I wonder which one they will send notice to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

Two and a half weeks before embarking is cutting it pretty close. Plenty of people have lengthy travel plans in advance of their cruise so they end up penalized by having to go through old-school check-in at the pier. And will they have a spare Medallion in the proper color at the ready given that the records show it was received pre-cruise?

So since I sail two weeks after the OP I will be watching my e-mail closely. And as I gave a different e-mail address for the Medallion (one set up for alerts on my phone) rather than the one I have on my Captain's Circle account (an ancient Yahoo address for all my travel junk mail) I wonder which one they will send notice to.

I agree.  I have an 8 day land tour before my next cruise and I am worried about receiving the medallion before I leave home for Alaska.  I wish they would ship them as soon as the final payment is made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

Sounds like more cutbacks

I don't call it a cutback in this case, I call it smart business. There is no loss to us, the customers. There is a savings to the business. Smart. Business.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

In April our OMs shipped from Doral, FL via FedEx 2-day shipping to CA.  It’s probably less costly to ship them in bulk from Singapore to FL & then to send them to USA addresses.  Maybe in FL they can also configure the blank OMs whereas originally it had to be done in Singapore.

Interesting that we are also sailing on July 13th on the Royal and haven't gotten a notice yet about the Medallions being shipped.  We did get something today about making sure we completed the info in the Ocean Ready app which we did quite a while ago and that the Medallions would be shipped "to your home at least 12 days prior to the start of your Princess vacation ". 

We chose not to have our medallions shipped to us for our Recent March CB cruise because we were traveling before the cruise.  We received them when we checked in at the port.  They had the proper color and were correctly programmed with our information and pre-voyage purchases.   I don’t think that it even took five minutes longer.  

34 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

that the Medallions would be shipped "to your home at least 12 days prior to the start of your Princess vacation ". 

In April ours were shipped 15 days before sailing & arrived 2 days later.  A month before shipping we were Ocean Ready & told they’d be shipped to our home.  Between ordering & receiving our OM there were several problems including saying we ordered too late (6 weeks) & we would get them at the port.

MedallionClass is still a work in progress but thankfully the few options we used during the cruise for the most part worked. 👍

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They were coming from China......🤔

Perhaps sir, yours came from China. I wouldn't know. 🧐

Mine however came from:

You have confirmed the delivery details for your DHL EXPRESS shipment with waybill number xxxxxxx from AGILITY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS PTE LTD.

Agility International Logistics Pte Ltd

Address: 6 Changi N Way, Singapore 498795

Phone: +65 6542 886

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

I agree.  I have an 8 day land tour before my next cruise and I am worried about receiving the medallion before I leave home for Alaska.  I wish they would ship them as soon as the final payment is made.

There is a battery in the medallions. From what I read, they don't last much longer than the cruise. Shipping them when you make final payment practically guarantees a dead medallion when you board.