Senior Discount

madmedic

2 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Doea anyone know if Celebrity offers discount for over 55's and is it combinable with other discounts eg Military Discount? 

FOMO again!😀

Thanks

John

You can usually get a Senior Rate by selecting the offers tab after first search.   Your can get a discount with no perks but to my knowledge is not cinbinabe with other discounts.    I was however able to get a stockholder discount in addition to a State Discount (better for me than the Senior)

• Like 1

I don't believe all cruises have a senior discount... I think they periodically discount for seniors. When I look on Celebrity site for a cruise.... I will enter senior, resident and loyalty info... sometimes a lower rate pops up (no perks and usually non refundable). The discount is usually significant enough that it does not justify perks... at least for us... not big drinkers or web users while cruising.  If you try online sites.. they will also ask if you are over 55, member of military etc, resident of what state... and loyalty status..before they kick out a price.... usually giving you the best rate..  Not sure how discount for senior compares to resident discount... never checked.

We got a senior rate that was $20 pp less than the resident rate on our upcoming cruise. Since we are in a RS it was quite a savings since we only gave up prepaid gratuities and OBC. We also saved on insurance. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I always price out the options using an InPrivate window. That way they don't track your interests. Then I price it out with our favorite TA and often they telling them our resident state, senior and loyalty # and they find a rate which is better than any of the options. It pays to shop and then consider which options fits you best. I can't see the point of paying more than necessary for the same thing.

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

I think RCCL does offer the discount but haven't seen it appear on Celebrity UK site. May just email and ask. Our Military Discount is good and we still get perks like drink package .

Never heard about military discount?, I am getting a ten percent discount on msc for being a veteran

I can hardly wait to be old enough to get the Senior Discount!!!....OK, I could have got the 55+ starting almost 20years ago!

My experience has been that I select Im military/First responder and senior and my State residence, and if there is a discount it shows up. That’s what appeared the last time I booked directly with Celebrity website. I use a TA and they check it now. Haven’t had one offered in a while.....I’d think the Senior Discount at 55+ would cover about 75%+ of those that book! 

Den

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We got a senior rate that was $20 pp less than the resident rate on our upcoming cruise. Since we are in a RS it was quite a savings since we only gave up prepaid gratuities and OBC. We also saved on insurance. 

I look at this as not paying twice for Premium Drink package and Unlimited WiFi.  Now that I've reached Zenith it would be pay for it twice while already receiving it as a loyalty benefit  I'm going to have a hard time booking RS in the future as I don't like to be taken advantage of.

Edited by wrk2cruise