Advice needed regarding a booking already made please.

windsurferfirst

I have booked a club class mini on the Enchanted for September 2020, there were no offers on at the time. Now they have the 3 for free offer. My question is if I call Princess would they add this offer to my booking or would I have to start again with a new booking and lose my deposit? If I go to my personaliser I can see there are no CC mini's available on my deck.

4 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I have booked a club class mini on the Enchanted for September 2020, there were no offers on at the time. Now they have the 3 for free offer. My question is if I call Princess would they add this offer to my booking or would I have to start again with a new booking and lose my deposit? If I go to my personaliser I can see there are no CC mini's available on my deck.

CC minis sellout very fast.

If a promo comes out for your cruise all you can do is call and see if can be applied to your booking.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

CC minis sellout very fast.

If a promo comes out for your cruise all you can do is call and see if can be applied to your booking.

I don't know if people in the UK are able to refare and/or switch promos as freely as we are

• Like 1

I don't see any reason why you would lose your deposit.

The big thing is you would certainly have to pay the new price to get the new offer. I'm not sure when you booked or the fare, but if the price has increased, then whatever benefits you get on the English 3 for free will come at that cost.

We booked the Enchanted's November transatlantic back last fall, also with no promo because it was just released. The cost has gone through the roof since I booked and, if I could even get the same cabin, it would be well over $1,200 pp increase, so I'm just ignoring the Sip and Sail promo that's available because it would cost us so much more to refare/rebook, whatever.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I don't know if people in the UK are able to refare and/or switch promos as freely as we are

No we are not we are allowed one change in booking but it costs £100 administration cost.

• Like 1

As Majortom says, we are allowed to make just one change to bookings in UK, at a charge of £100. 

If you are hoping to add the 3 for free , consider whether you are going to receive benefits in excess of £100. Also do it quickly as 3 for free ends at the end of June.

It's worth a call....

Again, best to check if refare is worth it.  We are booked for December cruise and just received Sip n Sail promo.  Difference in fare does not justify using the promo.  Much better off paying original fare and drinks as we go since we are not big drinkers.   However, if you like to drink while cruising (since you do not have to drive), this might be worth it.  Calculate expected drink cost+fare and make a decision which works for you.

3 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

As Majortom says, we are allowed to make just one change to bookings in UK, at a charge of £100. 

If you are hoping to add the 3 for free , consider whether you are going to receive benefits in excess of £100. Also do it quickly as 3 for free ends at the end of June.

It's worth a call....

I believe I have read on these boards that the 3 for free benefits in the UK is different than those in the US of A

Thanks for all your replies. I cant see any CC mini's available to do a price comparison. I will give them a call and ask the question.

OK so I just called the agent said to take advantage of the offer we would have to do new a completely new booking, this  would mean releasing our stateroom and hoping it would be available to rebook. Apparently all the M1's have been sold on that voyage so she couldn't gaurentee it would be available for her to pick again once released. Im not sure if that is strictly true but I didn't want to take the risk, here is an admin fee to be paid which would more or less negate the  small amount of OBC .

Edited by windsurferfirst
Update

18 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

I'm waiting for that but just see sip & sale offer. Do you have a link? Thx

1 hour ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks for all your replies. I cant see any CC mini's available to do a price comparison. I will give them a call and ask the question.

OK so I just called the agent said to take advantage of the offer we would have to do new a completely new booking, this  would mean releasing our stateroom and hoping it would be available to rebook. Apparently all the M1's have been sold on that voyage so she couldn't gaurentee it would be available for her to pick again once released. Im not sure if that is strictly true but I didn't want to take the risk, here is an admin fee to be paid which would more or less negate the  small amount of OBC .

I suggest ringing back and speaking to a different agent.

You might find one more sympathetic to your needs..

There are rules but some ( usually more experienced) agents seem to have ways of circumventing them.

Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm waiting for that but just see sip & sale offer. Do you have a link? Thx

This 3-for-Free is just for the UK.

I would be interested to know if there will be a 3-for-Free coming up for Canada/US soon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

I would call Princess in Southampton and explain that you are not sure if your TA is telling you correct info and see what they say.

5 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I suggest ringing back and speaking to a different agent.

You might find one more sympathetic to your needs..

There are rules but some ( usually more experienced) agents seem to have ways of circumventing them.

Good luck.

But unless she cancels completely and then loses her deposit and then gambles on same cabin being available making a new booking with a different agent is highly unlikely. With reference to the changing of your booking for £100 admin fee it can only happen once and you have to stay with the same TA as you are not actually cancelling your booking.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

The 3 for free in the UK is not as good as the offer in US. Its free OBC, bottle of wine and free meal in speciality restaurant.

Oh. I want the free gratuities,  upgraded room, OBC that I had last time