Looks like the Oasis DL is going to be cabins, Not wonderland

4 hours ago, Pratique said:

OADeck14.jpg

Actually they do take space from Adventure Ocean. Seems like the do rebuild it completely:

image.png.ceddd16dc30bebb747b0df91deb7d307.png

Nursery replaces Workshop. Seems like the Immagination Studio and the Workshop will be gone maybe also the Theater and the Sicence Lab. Arcade moves to Boardwalk anyway. The group rooms forward are much smaller (if they are still the group rooms). Hmm, with more cabins they might need some space for more kids too...

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe I said Diamond pattern. Vision has Vertical,  way different when you have to build walls😉

Just put a new window in the cabin, in front of the original one.  There would be an air gap in between them. 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Actually not much.  Most is coming from that rarely used sundeck on 14 

Maybe it wouldn't be rarely used if half the time the door to get out there wasn't deactivated and, secondly, there were some chairs there. I love it out there and especially at night. RCI keeps finding ways to mess up their ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just put a new window in the cabin, in front of the original one.  There would be an air gap in between them. 

That will really make it blurry😱

If they were capable of really creating wow, they would have made the deck 6 cabins from the old DL Promenade balconies 

Edited by John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe it wouldn't be rarely used if half the time the door to get out there wasn't deactivated and, secondly, there were some chairs there. I love it out there and especially at night. RCI keeps finding ways to mess up their ships.

It's one of those cool but somewhat unknown spaces. I've only been there once in over 100 days on Oasis. 

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That will really make it blurry😱

Not really, regular double pained glass isn’t blurry. What would be blurry would be the outer glass facing the boardwalk, until it gets its weekly cleaning.

If they wanted to make it something spectacular they would have make it an Boardwalk Star Class Loft.  The loft is already built and not everyone wants a balcony. Even if the guest booking it wanted a balcony, the Star Class factor would overcome it. The only thing I wonder would be the possible noise factory from Dazzles/Music Hall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's one of those cool but somewhat unknown spaces. I've only been there once in over 100 days on Oasis. 

I never realized that this space wasn't part of the Solarium like it is on Harmony and Symphony.  Is the only way to access it from the stateroom corridors?

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not really, regular double pained glass isn’t blurry. What would be blurry would be the outer glass facing the boardwalk, until it gets its weekly cleaning.

If they wanted to make it something spectacular they would have make it an Boardwalk Star Class Loft.  The loft is already built and not everyone wants a balcony. Even if the guest booking it wanted a balcony, the Star Class factor would overcome it. The only thing I wonder would be the possible noise factory from Dazzles/Music Hall.

Not sure if you recall, but the windows have developed quite a bit of distortion that cleaning doesn't solve. Seems to me it's only going to get worse if you trap the air behind the existing windows. Super heated greenhouse effect

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I never realized that this space wasn't part of the Solarium like it is on Harmony and Symphony.  Is the only way to access it from the stateroom corridors?

Access is via one stateroom corridor, port side deck 14.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Yep, and only on 1 side as I recall

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

Actually they do take space from Adventure Ocean. Seems like the do rebuild it completely:

Nursery replaces Workshop. Seems like the Immagination Studio and the Workshop will be gone maybe also the Theater and the Sicence Lab. Arcade moves to Boardwalk anyway. The group rooms forward are much smaller (if they are still the group rooms). Hmm, with more cabins they might need some space for more kids too...

steamboats

Pretty sure they will start combining age groups.  I know I read that they will test it on Mariner and navigator first, not sure if that has already started.  When I first read about Royal trying to combine AO into one large group, I didn’t think it was to get more cabins in the area....should’ve known better. 

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

They do take a bit of space but it is really not that much.  Just the rounded areas to the outside.

BF4D27D2-F282-4F6B-9795-F370FD247E6E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And it is awesome to experience it in peace away from the other 5988 passengers.

understood, but the point is that there is little bang for the buck in spaces like this.

kind of like the secret balconies. what's the benefit to the majority of the pax that didn't know they existed

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And it is awesome to experience it in peace away from the other 5988 passengers.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes!

I'm going to start thinking of you two as Don Quixote and Sancho.  Out battling the Bean Counters. 😉