Mississippi river height

bill4105

I'm going to say that checking with Carnival directly would probably be a better source of information than Facebook or here for that info. Or at the very least some sort of official word from Carnival on a social network site rather than relying on opinion and speculation. 

The USCG is intending to close the port of NOLA tomorrow.  The last upbound ship was taken by the state pilots at 1200 today.  I would say that the port/river will be closed through the weekend.  My ship was scheduled to pick up a pilot Friday, we are now planning on anchoring at SW Pass.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Here's the NOLA port status, which also indicates Valor is diverting to Mobile.

https://www.portnola.com/info/storm-update

CRUISE OPERATIONS:

The Carnival Valor, which was scheduled to sail a 4-day cruise to Mexico on Thursday, June 11, 2019 from New Orleans, is diverting to Mobile, Ala. Carnival guests may call 1 (800) 764-7419 for the latest information on their itineraries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztekpm said:

I didn't realize that Mobile could handle a conquest class/size ship.  Interesting.

Conquest has actually been diverted there, before. I doubt that Carnival will ever homport a ship of that size there, though. Everybody knows that Mobile is where Carnival sends their ships to die. 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorncroft said:

Conquest has actually been diverted there, before. I doubt that Carnival will ever homport a ship of that size there, though. Everybody knows that Mobile is where Carnival sends their ships to die. 😂

Aww, that is sad! The poor Carnival Fantasy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

Apparently there is live after death, then.

14 hours ago, amy16_ said:

The Valor is being redirected to Mobile AL instead of NOLA. Of course Carnival has not released any info. This was from a passenger on Valor now. 

7 or 8 hrs ago John Heald posted the bulletin from Carnival to their pax that were supposed to board Valor in New Orleans.  It was dated yesterday, so I assume it went out not long after your post.

New Orleans is sinkin' and I don't wanna swim...